Goody too shoes and pests... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
nicolai
Goody too shoes and pests...

I was wondering how many people on here find it annoying when certain people jump on to a thread only to have thier voice heard and make themselves look good and not even contribute anything whatsoever to the subject at hand???
Sometimes changing a topic is a good thing and gets people off a sore subject or off a dead horse or just to lighten things up a little but to have certain people do it just to do it to for something to do can be so aggravating. ( that was a lot of do's)
It seems to me that there are a few people on fauna that seem to think they are above reproach and like to post everywhere they can on things they arent involved in, know nothing about or cant understand in the first place.
Its also the same people that wait for all the threads to develop one way or another before they post so they can be sure they are going in on the "right" side as they dont want people to think they were with the minority or "those" people. There are a lot of people that join right in on something and voice thier opinion and let you know where they stand and if they are wrong in the end so be it, atleast they did what they thought was right and they own up to it. Its the ones that wait until they are sure which direction or person the majority is going with they they jump in and say stuff like" yep, i completely agree!!! I would never do that", or " my morals are higher then that" you know the kind of people i am talking about.
What i want to know is how do you guys/girls handle it?? Do you just ignore them? Do you "REPORT" them for off topic posting", Do you PM them, do you wish they would just .
I have seen a lot of the "bandwagons" around over the years and its usually the same people jumping on it once it starts down the road.
I am not perfect and have in the past tried to give the benefit of the doubt to some real losers (ADAM,PETE others) had gotten beaten down for it and for good reason, somebody else (the guy on the white horse i think) knew they were wolves in sheeps clothing and proved it. I took my lumps and learned from it like we all should. Sometimes I went with the "dark Sheep" and I came out on top by them turning out alright in the end. How are some of these people ever going to learn anything if they never take a side, take a stand and keep waiting for others to speak up and only after the smoke clears decide to say something.
Well this is the "Sound Off" forum so i did just that, it may also be a little venting on my part as well. I was going to post a poll with as well with options to pick from but i figured there enough poll posting people here already.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
Wilomn
Here's a little bit of help.

Don't worry about what others do or why.

Do what you need to.

Let Karma take care of the rest.

That and the mysterious stranger on his whiter than white horse.

If only we knew the identity of that masked man.......

Old 10-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
KelliH
Great advice Wes.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
nicolai
your opinions are well taken as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
That and the mysterious stranger on his whiter than white horse.

If only we knew the identity of that masked man.......

Let me know if there is an indian riding behind him as his corhort and compadre in his persuit to seek justice where evil dwells.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Cat_72
Yep...what Kelli said.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #6
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Let Karma take care of the rest.

Theres that word KARMA again, As i am too young to be a 60's rebel and not of the budhist religion I find it unusual to hear that word these days yet it seems to be the word of choice of fauna as of late. Rich for changing the rep to KARMA, and people using it as a everyday word now
I dont know whether or not I have or should have Karma, if there is Good or Bad Karma, if Karma is real or a belief, if Karma has weight, a feel to it, a color to it, if its near or far or all around. Karma must be something since all know of it, are sure of it, and wait for it to come around.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
ms_terese
Nicholas, this really seems to upset you.

Put them on ignore!!! It's a wonderful feature

Old 10-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
Golden Gate Geckos
Nicholas, what you are describing is human nature... not just a Fauna phenomenon. It happens between family members, co-workers, politics, and social functions. We can either choose to jump on a bandwagon, wait for the spin on the situation before making an opinion, follow the majority of the crowd, or just observe or ignore it. It's called Sociology.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #9
Dennis Hultman
"Above reproach"

I believe nobody to be above reproach. We all have our faults.
As long as we try to do the best we can, when possible. Decide to do what is right and lend a helping hand when asked it will work itself out in the end.

Great advice Wes,

That horse sure does get around.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:28 PM   #10
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
[COLOR=Navy

That horse sure does get around.[/color]

Have you ever seen anything so bright? I'm still snowblinded and it's been days since my last sighting of that great white steed.

Where does he go.....

Where does he come from.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!