Richard Carew and Luis Taracena Breeding Loan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
HerpHobbiest
Exclamation Richard Carew and Luis Taracena Breeding Loan

I am starting this tread in good faith.

On May 25th of 2005 Richard Carew and I, Luis Taracena made a Breeding Loan Contract. Which Reads as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREEDING LOOAN CONTRACT

Richard Carew
El Paso, TX 79932
Phone (915) XXX-XXXX

Luis Taracena
Arizona City, AZ 85223-2264
Phone (520) 466-9836

This letter signifies the intentions of the above named individuals.

The intentions of Luis Taracena, (hereafter refered to as He, Him, His) and Richard Carew, (Hereafter refered to as I, Me, My), Are to breed My female Albino BCI, of the Peter Kahl line of Genetics, to His male Salmon Hypo BCI Heterozygous for Sunglow, also of the Peter Kahl line of Genetics.

My female Albino (Aurora) will be housed at His residence, listed above. For the preparation, and mating, and gestation period. He is to asume responsibility for Aurora's Health and safe return to My residence. He is to reimburse the paid sumof Aurora, $3,000.00, in the event of pre-mature death. or disappearance, should it prove to be any form of neglet, or calessness on His part.

In the event death proves to be no fault of His, I release Him of the above stated obligation. In the event of disappearance, I hold Him to the Above stated obligation, as that would reflect neglet on His part.

The Results of the breeding will be an even split, of the monetary value of the resulting hatchilings. The division of hatchilings will be determinated at time of birthing.

Sincerely

Richard Carew Signature
TXDL # 0840XXXX
Date 5/28/05

Luis Taracena Signature
AZDL # D0237XXXX
Date 5/28/05

Witness / Notary Tyrone Smith Signature and Seal
Date 5/28/05
Richard gave me $50.00 to cover for any food that His female Albino Boa would have eat before the cooling breeding cycle begun.

Richard and I discused that my CB2002 male Salmon Hypo 100% Het Sunglow from Jeremy Stone was showing little interest in couting and we both agree to use my CB2003 male Coral Albino from Rich Ihle as a back up male.

November 06

December 04

Febuary 20

March 21

March 27
I get this e-mail from Richard Carew:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Carew
Hey Luis,

Was wondering if this weekend would be a good visit? Want to look at My girl in person. I have been very hyper about it all, and it would make Me feel better and sleep better to see her.

Have you responded to the post at BOI? You said you needed to do so in our I.M. It won't go away.It is best to just take care of it. With out you putting in your side, and him posting the emails between you, it looks like you did him wrong. Did you have a necropsy done? Show the vets decision. If you think you are right, you should speak up and say why. If you are wrong, than you should make it right. The BOI is read by a lot of people for good guy bad guy posts. Its simple as searching a name. Some people will overlook fixed problems.

Anyway, I really wrote just to ask about coming out this weekend to see Aurora in person. Like I said, I have been a bit over hyper lately, and would liike to see her. I was thinking the 1st, or 2nd, of April. Give Me a call.

Rick
Later, Richard changed his mind and say he was coming to AZ to get His Albino Boa. I told Richard that that was not a wise idea, that moving His female Albino so close to her due date was definitely asking for trouble. I told him that it would be good to consider waiting and that it would be best if we consulted with more Experienced Breeders as well as Reptile Veterinatians.

March 29
I did my Homework and gathered this information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Taracena
Dough Matuzak
"Moving her is at this point is asking for something bad to happen. The best thing to do is to wait a couple more weeks until she gives birth"

216 229 8336
www.boabasement.com

Brandon Weik,
"I would not recomend it. "

602 708 3091
www.SummitReptiles.com

Michael J. Kiedrowski, DVM
“I would not recommend moving her as I would not recommend a woman that is 8-1/2 moths pregnant to go ski diving or water skiing”
Mountain View Animal Hospital
9812 North 7th Street #1
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Tel: (602) 861-1355

James L. Jarchow, DVM
“No! Definitely not recommended! High risk of pre-term labor and possibility of retention of babies”

Sonora Animal Hospital
410 West Simmons Road
Tucson, Arizona 85705
Tel: (520) 888-8988
April 1
On a phone conversation Richard reply:

Quote:
I do not care if she looses her babies. I can always breed her later on
I explain to Richard that he sould re-consider His decition for the well being of all the babies. Half of which are mine.

Richard reply:
Quote:
All you care is about the money.
I reply: Is not like you did not sing the breeding agreement with no interest on the money from the babies as you have mention that at lest 4 animals of your share of the babies are already sold. The lost of the money is only half of it if The Boa delivers pre-mature babies or dead babies because of your poor choices and carelessness.

April 2
I advised Richard not to Take her for the 366 miles / 5 Hour 40 minute trip.
Richard Carew pick up His Albino Boa anyways. Before Gestation is over and Birth takes place violating the contract. Unnecessarily placing in risk not only the babies but also His Albino Female.

Richard Said he will call me when the Albino had her babies and agree to compensate me if there are any pre-mature babies or stillborns in the litter.

I did not think Richard Carew was here to take his female and keep all the babies inside her. But he was definitely angry when he left, and I got a feeling that that is the last I will hear about it.

I have heard that this is common for the owner of the female to pick-up his female right before birthing or egg laying.

We'll see what happens. Regards to all,

Old 04-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Luis.... I just can't believe you don't get it, yet??.... This ALL stems from the fact that YOU DID MATT WRONG.... Every poor move has it's consequences.... Had you been honest and told MATT that you couldn't ship HIS snakes because you couldn't afford it (or whatever), and not lied through your teeth every chance you could.... Had you responded to his numerous emails.... Had you answered his numerous phone calls.... NONE of this would have happened and RICK would have probably been happy just to SEE his female.... But, now, he (Rick or Matt, take your pick) can't trust you (and I, for one, certainly don't blame him/them).... Don't you get it??.... When someone expects a trade deal to go SMOOTHLY, and when it doesn't, stuff hits the fan.... Don't you get it??.... People you are doing business with NOW get hesitant, and people you have already done business with, get nervous.... And all this because you didn't take care of business.... Don't you get it??....

Neil

Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Bill_Leverton
Your saying that the wheezing is because Rick took the snake HOME ???????? And I think that you are wrong If and when Aurora gives birth Rick will stand behind his end .......He is one of trustworthy ones

Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
HerpHobbiest
The silent wheezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus

Now, WHY IS AURORA WHEEZING?
She is not!!!

Why are you trying to discredit me on that? Is this your clever way of keeping all the babies? And let me guess, She will die too and I owe you $3,000.00

I welcome you into my house. I shake hands with you and the Sheriff. You walk past the living room area and walk right into the snake room.

Before the officer and I are in the snake room you had already open The 4'ft Vision cage and were trying to bag Aurora.

I tell you that taking her at this point is a bad idea. The Vets think so other Breeders think so. Traveling with a gravid female so close to delivery is asking for trouble! Then you get all steamed up. I tell you its not worth loosing the babies. I try to show the officer the contract both of us signed. I even had to tell you not to handle your own snake so darn rough. Your reply, and I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
I ask my Vet how to handle my snakes.
Do people really have to ask that?

Anyways, you bagged her finnaly placed her in the floor and ask:

Quote:
Am I going to get the Ball Pythons or not?
I get you both Ball Pythons the Shipping Box and the Paperwork.

You Said:
Quote:
I'll let you know when she drops...
It acctually sound like you said: "Yeah Whatever"

You placed the Ball Pythons the Shipping Box on top of your Aurora and walk out of the house.

By the time The Sheriff and I walk outside you already put the snakes in the front seat and are getting your fire arm out of the trunk of the rental car.

If it was not because I asked the officer you would have not even signed the back of our breeding loan contract that you took Aurora on today's date.

Then you shout to the officer:

Quote:
Can I go now?
Like: "Officer, your car is on my way!!!"

The officer says: "Pull foward and back up around me"

Then Richard wiggles his car around the Sheriff's Car and He took off.

Now you claim she is wheezing?

Hmmmm... Yeah Right!!!

You should have taken a minute to look at your snake better while it was here.

I took Aurora out of her cage last week to give her 1-1/2 inches of moist peat moss as a delivery medium and I will bet you my Coral Albino that she was not wheezing then.

I will post pictures of her cage in a few minutes...

Oh, yeah I almost forgot your Sue me line:

Quote:
You have my address... Sue me!!!
Richard, Good Luck with the Babies!!!

Have a good day!!!

Please get the Ball Pythons to Matt ASAP. I should have Ship them to Neil instead!!!

Old 04-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #5
HerpHobbiest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwater_Reptiles
Your saying that the wheezing is because Rick took the snake HOME ???????? And I think that you are wrong If and when Aurora gives birth Rick will stand behind his end .......He is one of trustworthy ones

Seriously, if she REALLY is wheezing, then maybe its because she is having pre-term troubled labor... I mean its a thought!!

Old 04-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Gee, My own BOI thread ..............

OK, here is the deal that Luis and I made last year.

This is the male Salmon, 100 % het for Albino/Sunglow mentioned in the contract. Also this is one of the pictures I took, with MY camera, and it is still is MY property. (the picture, not the snake.)

This is the Coral Albino that I was informed Luis put in the cage to try to entice the Salmon, since the Salmon did not seem interested in My beautiful girl. (BTW Luis, Is this the same salmon that was not interested this time around? The reason you put in Matts albino Male? OH, I'm sorry, it was YOUR albino male, since you apparently accepted it.)

Which BTW Luis seems to think I agreed to. (I was informed AFTER HE PUT THE CORAL IN THE CAGE.) So anyway, Luis and his sweet talking ways starts with....."A litter of all albinos would be good too, right" I am thinking at this point, I really want to do something I should not. But I take a breath, and I conceed to the fact it is a little late at this point in time. If the Coral was "all over her" as Luis told Me, than The sunglow is scrapped. So, My Sunglow project, becomes a Coral albino project. Life goes on, right. Live and learn.

I still have to find and print all the IM's and Emails I have recieved (and saved somewhere on this machine) so as to get the dates right. I ran the ink out last night printing this entire thread in landscape mode, to take with Me today for the Sherriff to look at, so He would know I was legitamate in My reason for being there. I will have to buy more ink.

What say the board? Contract squashed? Or still in affect? I personally say He violated it. But He sure likes to bring it up a lot. That's the first thing He pulled out and handed to the Sherriff. (Sorry Luis, He already read mine a half hour earlier.) At this point, while the Sherriff is looking at the contract, Luis decides to say, "Wait Rick, I cant let you take Her. It says in the contract, that She will be kept here." So I look at Luis and ask, "Luis, is that My snake or not?" Luis says "Yes" So I look at the Sherriff and ask, "Am I allowed to collect what is Mine?" The Sherriff answers "yes." This is when Luis decides to say He was going to sue Me for 10K if they are not live born, because He guesses that's what His share of the litter would Be. I said "Sue Me."

Now at this point in time, (though it goes against My grain), I am about to MAKE Luis sue me for the cost of what He figures the babies would be. I would rather He have the money than more snakes that are mere dollar signs to Him. And in return, I will counter sue for the cost of what WOULD HAVE BEEN a sunglow litter. Not that any US court would honor a broken contract.

Are you learning yet Luis? You are wrong, and this is all coming right back to get you. You started a war with the wrong person this time. See, you would not have to let me take Aurora if you did not let the sherriff in the house. He told Me this at the truck stop where we met. But hey...........clever You. You had it all worked out didn't you? HA HA HA

I am telling you now Luis, for all the world to see. SUE ME!! Since money is so important to you, that you are willing to cause an Respiratory Infection in My girl, jeapordize a friendship, (and I am a good friend to have many people say) and virtually try to hold My girl hostage (Hmmm, I read that somewhere else I believe) in front of a law man no less, and try to use our legal system to meet your own dishonest ends. Bring it on little man.I am smarter than You will ever be.

Rick

Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
Bill_Leverton
yes it is a thought but another is R I thats a thought too

Old 04-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
BTW, read the other thread also, and you will see this is merely a petty attempt at retaliation because things did not go as Luis carefully planned.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...6821post366821

Rick

Old 04-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #9
HerpHobbiest
Richard,

Just wanted to let you know you obviosly do not know my snakes!

This is the CB2002 1.0 Salmon Hypo Het Sunglow from Jeremy Stone.

The Animal you had picture, is this CB2002 1.0 F3 Salmon Hypo, Poss Super

Also this is the CB2003 Coral Albino from Rich Ihle.

The one you pictures its the Coral Albino's brother.

You agree to the Coral Albino Breeding. So the contract is still on effect.

Maybe, you out-smart me and Broke the contract by taking her.

Oh well, I loose this one. And you get a free litter of Albinos.

Unless they all have IBD!!!

Hahahahhaaa....

Old 04-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpHobbiest
She is not!!!
Why are you trying to discredit me on that? Is this your clever way of keeping all the babies? And let me guess, She will die too and I owe you $3,000.00
Are you attempting to call Me a liar? You have much to learn about Me, but keep trying. Maybe you will get back some of the reputation you lost.

Quote:
I welcome you into my house. I shake hands with you and the Sheriff. You walk past the living room area and walk right into the snake room.
Before the officer and I are in the snake room you had already open The 4'ft Vision cage and were trying to bag Aurora.
Can You blame Me? I drove 400 hundred miles for that very reason. I am very task oriented. Seems you would have caught that about Me by now.

Quote:
You placed the Ball Pythons the Shipping Box on top of your Aurora and walk out of the house.
By the time The Sheriff and I walk outside you already put the snakes in the front seat and are getting your fire arm out of the trunk of the rental car.
If it was not because I asked the officer you would have not even signed the back of our breeding loan contract that you took Aurora on today's date.
Then you shout to the officer:
Like: "Officer, your car is on my way!!!"
The officer says: "Pull foward and back up around me"
Then Richard wiggles his car around the Sheriff's Car and He took off.
Almost the truth. You are getting closer Luis. I shouted nothing to the officer. He asked Me to disarm Myself till I had the snakes, and was ready to leave. (Not a bad idea given My state of mind at the time.) What I asked Him was......." Can I strap Myself now?" He said "NO. Go ahead and back out between the cars and go." That's exactly what I did next.

Quote:
Now you claim she is wheezing?
Hmmmm... Yeah Right!!!
DO you realize that when I get My vet to look at her, and He says she has an RI, that that makes this statement slander, and defamation of character? I am sure you do seeing as how smart you are.

Quote:
You should have taken a minute to look at your snake better while it was here.
You got Me on that one. But than again, in the state of mind I was in at the time, I would probably be making phone calls right now for someone to bail Me out of jail. I think I did the right thing Myself.

Keep trying Luis. People here are smarter than you think.They will know this is your petty attempt at retaliation since things did not go as you so carefully planned.

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!