Bad Guy Danny Cueva, budding young scam artist - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:46 PM   #11
Mistyck
So is Danny Cueva in Las Vegas, NM, or in Miami, Fl?

Danny, please provide proof of the shipment back to Doug. That will show the weight, date of shipment & other details.

Doug, you're coming across as a crass individual, no matter how you cut it. If it's a fraud show, then it is what it is. But you haven't been an angel in this deal either, and if you cannot communicate in a decent manner with your buyers, then don't be in business. I get you're frustrated, but you have to show some self control in how you handle it.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:59 AM   #12
juliasara
Do you still have the original tracking number from when the snake was first shipped to Danny? If you could post that here too that would be really helpful.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Doug, One would expect the package returned to you to weigh somewhat less because it has no heat pack. Could you please scan and post the weight of the package you received, scan a heat pack showing its weight, and the two weights added.

Also please scan and post the weight of the package you had shipped to Danny.
Danny you should have this information as well and you could post it along with screen shots:

The weight of the package you received
The weight of the package you sent out
The weight of the heat pack you received in the first package

Also the weight of your snake (a screen shot of it on the scale)

Even if as you have said the snake was a bit wrinkled/dehydrated, the weight of an 18 inch boid is not negligible. All of the information which would tend to prove/disprove whether there was a snake in the box that Doug received is available.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #14
tlmoon
Interesting that neither party seems to be supplying what would be pretty easy evidence by posting what Lucille mentioned above. The weights of the packages would be quite telling, and I'm very curious if the buyer did send the snake back via 2 day UPS without heat packs. It may have been 70 that day in his location, but it's still winter and there is the temps at the seller's location to consider.

I think the buyer overreacted and didn't give the seller the chance to make this situation right. I can see why he had some concerns, but disputing the paypal without even talking to the seller isn't great practice either. At least contact the guy first and give him a shot to fix it.

On the other hand, I'm very surprised that the seller, having posted the accusation about about the buyer sending an empty box, is not providing evidence to support that claim. Surely he would have taken some quick pics and/or documentation about the package?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #15
DCueva
I dont have any such weights and never weighed the animal unfortunately when I had it in my possesion. So I cant supply such information.
No I do not have the weight of the four heatpacks that were orriginally sent with the animal as I threw them away when they arrived.

Yes, it is true i mailed the animal two day shipping with no heatpacks, but as mentioned before, it is my first time ahipping a live animal. I dont even know where you get heatpacks from. Are they like handwarmers?

It was my understanding that reptiles have much better tolerence to lower temperatures for short periods of time then too much heat, and heat packs usually arent used above 60 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Interesting that neither party seems to be supplying what would be pretty easy evidence by posting what Lucille mentioned above. The weights of the packages would be quite telling, and I'm very curious if the buyer did send the snake back via 2 day UPS without heat packs. It may have been 70 that day in his location, but it's still winter and there is the temps at the seller's location to consider.

I think the buyer overreacted and didn't give the seller the chance to make this situation right. I can see why he had some concerns, but disputing the paypal without even talking to the seller isn't great practice either. At least contact the guy first and give him a shot to fix it.

On the other hand, I'm very surprised that the seller, having posted the accusation about about the buyer sending an empty box, is not providing evidence to support that claim. Surely he would have taken some quick pics and/or documentation about the package?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:41 PM   #16
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCueva View Post
I dont have any such weights and never weighed the animal unfortunately when I had it in my possesion. So I cant supply such information.
No I do not have the weight of the four heatpacks that were orriginally sent with the animal as I threw them away when they arrived.

Yes, it is true i mailed the animal two day shipping with no heatpacks, but as mentioned before, it is my first time ahipping a live animal. I dont even know where you get heatpacks from. Are they like handwarmers?

It was my understanding that reptiles have much better tolerence to lower temperatures for short periods of time then too much heat, and heat packs usually arent used above 60 degrees.
They're not asking for weights on the snake itself, Danny, they are referring to the weight of the BOX you shipped. Surely you have a receipt or some sort of paperwork you can post to show you indeed shipped a box with a snake inside it? Unless you illegally shipped the animal and are avoiding posting incriminating information.....just something that popped into my head as a possibility.

How is it that you know all these respected breeders and herpetologists, yet are completely ignorant of shipping methods when it comes to reptiles? I find that hard to believe as well.

Thus far, neither of you have offered anything in the realm of empirical evidence of anything you've said, other than a picture of a male snake that *might* be the one you purchased. Lots of conjecture and posturing but not much else.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:54 AM   #17
nickolasanastasiou
This threads seems a bit light on answers so far.

Four heat packs? Goodness.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:09 AM   #18
Lucille
Quote:

Danny

You have no doubt saved the box the snake arrived in, so you have the total weight. You shipped the snake out hopefully not USPS but you paid for shipping so you know the weight of the box you sent out. Please post that info.
Two day shipping is not ideal from the perspective of keeping the critter safe.

I am surprised Doug has not weighed in with the requested information (unless USPS was used by him as the carrier). It seems both sides roared in initially but seem oddly reticent in providing the info that would take them mere minutes to find.
Those who may at some point want to transact future business with either party here, may see this reticence as a red flag.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #19
TraceH
I have been following this fiasco since Danny unboxed the snake and originally suspected it was a male. He came to numerous respected breeders of Epicrates to ask their advice. This really should have been a simple solution, people make mistakes, send back the snake and get a refund or replacement. I suggested to immediately stop the PayPal transaction, since I personally know Danny and am confident that he would be good on his end and send the snake back. That is when the threats and name calling came in from The Boa Basement, who does that? He exasperated a simple problem and is now trying to make false accusations on fauna? Yes, Danny is new to selling snakes and may not know the details of shipping but he shouldn't have been put in the situation where he even needed to ship. This is all on The Boa Basement, you made a mistake, just own it and move on. Danny is a good guy, intelligent herper, and will make a great breeder/ hobbyist one day. Sorry you're dealing with this Danny, not everyone in the hobby conducts business this way.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #20
Mistyck
Quote:

Interesting how you're choosing to pick what questions you want to answer.

Danny; Do you reside in New Mexico or Florida? It's not that hard of an answer to give. There is a reason that I asked it.

We specifically asked for the weight of the box that you shipped back, just as we asked Doug for the weight of the box that he shipped. The heatpack weight was asked of Doug, not you Danny. As a seller who ships frequently, he should have that information on hand.

You actually should have paperwork showing the shipping direction that you took; i.e. receipt of payment with tracking number. Also, I would assume that if the critter was shipped to you using "Next Day" that you would ASSUME that's how you had to send it back.

No heatpacks are NOT handwarmers. They are different. NEVER use handwarmers.

Your "understanding" of reptiles tolerance doesn't matter in this instance, and you should have asked the "reputable" people you talked to how to handle the shipping back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!