Status check - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Auction Offerings > Auction Feedback Forum

Notices

Auction Feedback Forum I figure I need a place to discuss whether this auction section is working or not.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
hhmoore
There's nothing wrong with making a BOI post outing somebody as a deadbeat bidder...in fact, I would recommend doing so (as long as you have made reasonable effort to contact the person). I might even leave him a negative trader rating, if that didn't prompt him to complete the purchase.
Personally, if a person known to have done that bid in one of my auctions, I would make it quite clear that his bid is not accepted due to his history...and the only way sellers can get that knowledge is if things like this are brought to light.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
Basand
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggielandReptiles View Post
What if you made all auctions "no reserve"? That would force sellers to start the auction at the lowest price they would take for their animal(s). I know personally I don't look at auctions that have a reserve, as I too feel a little uneasy bidding on one knowing the reserve isn't truly set in stone.

Another detractor from bidding imo is the varied lengths, times, bid increments, etc. Maybe there could be a way to make everything more uniform and consistent?

I agree with BCI Joe though, if it isn't hurting anything or costing too much money, leave it for now - it could still catch on.
I agree with you on the points bolded. I am uneasy about the reserve, though to be honest it isn't going to hurt anything if they do not meet the reserve. You won't lose money.

I also agree with you and Joe that it isn't hurting anything and may catch on. At the moment, I have naught to list, though I fully plan on utilizing it once I start getting some babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
There's nothing wrong with making a BOI post outing somebody as a deadbeat bidder...in fact, I would recommend doing so (as long as you have made reasonable effort to contact the person). I might even leave him a negative trader rating, if that didn't prompt him to complete the purchase.
Personally, if a person known to have done that bid in one of my auctions, I would make it quite clear that his bid is not accepted due to his history...and the only way sellers can get that knowledge is if things like this are brought to light.
I agree with you wholly, Herald. Deadbeat bidders do nothing but inflate the prices and cause a lack of bids. To me, bidding and not buying is worse than calling someone to buy something and not following through. Buy bidding without buying, you have messed up the entire auction. Backing out on a normal sale, however, has only delayed the time of sale.

A BOI should be posted with a link to the auction and copies of attempted contact and/or refusal to purchase. I would definitely not allow a deadbeat to bid on my auctions.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:27 AM   #13
Basand
Also, if I may, one might consider limiting auctions to being hosted by contributors. I know it won't do much, but it may help some.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:42 AM   #14
Fantom6
I have noticed that most of the auctions did not post that the auction was over and if the item had been won or not. And I agree with the reserve price, PM whoever the admin in charge is during that time and that way its on file. Great idea and I think the more ppl who find out about it the more ppl will use it. Great idea!!!

Old 12-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #15
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom6 View Post
PM whoever the admin in charge is during that time and that way its on file.
I don't think admin has any intentions of allowing the auctions to take away from time/resources that could be devoted to the running and moderation of the more popular areas of this website. Also, I don't think they want to be quite so involved with the respective listings. At this point, as far as the reserve system goes, it is what it is.

I'm having trouble seeing why some think it's such a big deal. Even if someone does decide to change their reserve price, you're really not losing anything. Hell, you'd never even know it happened. If the reserve isn't met, you simply don't win the auction, and you're out nothing more than what time it took to place your bids. No one's forcing anyone to bid higher.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #16
Belfry

May I make a suggestion of a 3rd prefix of [ENDED!!]? I realize it would be up to the auctioneers to edit that afterwards, but maybe it would help deter the considerable amount of people who fail to read the end times and bump old auctions. Also, I've never posted an auction so I don't know if closing the thread is an option. If it is, maybe it should be encouraged

Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #17
AbsoluteApril
there is an 'Auction Ended' prefix that the seller can use (they would still need to be a contributing member in order to edit the ad and make the change).

Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #18
Belfry
Oh wow, I had no idea; I've never seen it used! I also wasn't aware that they had to be a contributor to edit there. Regardless, I am a fan of the auction forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
RulingReptiles
I didn't know about this auction forum when I posted last night. I havent been on in a while. I see its still on the ball python forum when I bump it. But there no picture on the list anymore and I now have two adds running and I only made one. Do I have to bump them both? That a waste of bumps if I do. There not enough traffic on the auction forums to make this worth it for the seller. Not having a pic on the ball python list is bad for biz if you want to control excessive adds on the ball forum maybe you should make the people that are posting hundreds of single listings to group them up in at least four listing per thread. They can have four pictures and four animals forsale that will eliminate some of the adds.

Not that big of a fan of the auction forum yet.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
hhmoore
I believe what happened was your auction got moved to the proper section, but your bump reposted it in the classifieds. Delete the one in the classifieds, unless you want to make it a straight sale. (You posted all bids must be posted in the ad - that is very limiting outside of the auction area, because only contributing members can post replies in the classifieds...you're effectively blocking the majority of the membership from participating)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!