Status check - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Auction Offerings > Auction Feedback Forum

Notices

Auction Feedback Forum I figure I need a place to discuss whether this auction section is working or not.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
RulingReptiles
So what you saying is un contributing members can post replys in the auction forum?
Do I have to delete the add off the ball forum?
No one I know really even looks at the auction forum. How will they know that I'm even trying to auction my ball off?
Having it like this is only going to hurt the sellers and better the buyer.
Plus you have to look through all kinds of different reptiles to find what you looking for.
I would at least like to advertise that I'm auctioning my animal in the right category. Like under ball pythons so everyone that only like ball pythons can see that there a good deal on a particular ball.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by RulingReptiles View Post
So what you saying is un contributing members can post replys in the auction forum?
They've been posting bids, haven't they?
Quote:
Do I have to delete the add off the ball forum?
Not necessarily...but you were the one complaining about wasting bumps on it. Right now, the two are linked - which probably shouldn't have happened, but that's how the system works.
Quote:
No one I know really even looks at the auction forum. How will they know that I'm even trying to auction my ball off?
People that are interested in auctions look there...we can't help that the people you know don't. If you want to sell to people you know, and they don't look at the auctions, maybe a straight ad is better for you.
Quote:
Having it like this is only going to hurt the sellers and better the buyer.
Nobody is forcing you to use the auction section if you feel that it is a poor choice for you.
Quote:
Plus you have to look through all kinds of different reptiles to find what you looking for.
What do you expect? It isn't as if the section is hugely popular. If you looked at this thread, you know it is a trial...and Rich isn't going to sink a bunch of time and money into special auction script to pretty it up if it isn't going to be well utilized. I believe there is still a search function that people can use if they don't want to scan through the various auctions.
Quote:
I would at least like to advertise that I'm auctioning my animal in the right category. Like under ball pythons so everyone that only like ball pythons can see that there a good deal on a particular ball.
You're doing that, sort of...
Rich has said that, for the time being (ie, during the trial), ads can be placed directing people to the auction. Of course, that isn't the same as having the ad in two places - it's basically a title, pictures, and a link to the auction thread. (to clarify for other readers, that is only allowed for auctions posted on this site...directing people to your auctions on other sites will get your ad deleted).

Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
RulingReptiles
Ah. All question answered thank you.
I like the fact they are linked. At this time there's not vary many auctions going on so ill stay in top of that forum and use all my bump on the ball python forum to get attention to the auction forum.
But when and if this snake auction thing takes off and get big and popular separate forums for types of snakes would be a good idea. But not if there's only a few auctions going on like it is now. That way people can just click ball python auctions or other herps and see what's there real quick.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
hhmoore
They are only linked because your original ad got moved to the proper area.
(I'm guessing that the image no longer shows in the BP classifieds because the ad was removed from that location...for whatever reason, it still shows in the Classifieds Panel as being in the original spot - I've noticed that in the past, and played around with it; it's just a quirk of the system that causes minor problems)

Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #25
Chewy
Anyone else having issues with people not paying? I had someone win my auction to not respond to any of my PM's and emails. I pm him if he's not intending to pay and he just quoted it with a dot. Hopefully this isn't a widespread issue. Possibly if this section stays around make that a bannable offense like the Facebook auction groups do.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Anyone else having issues with people not paying? I had someone win my auction to not respond to any of my PM's and emails. I pm him if he's not intending to pay and he just quoted it with a dot. Hopefully this isn't a widespread issue. Possibly if this section stays around make that a bannable offense like the Facebook auction groups do.

I think your talking about the 9 level adult XPVC rack auction that ended 3/25/12 8pm EST. I would try contacting him again & explaining that he won. If he refuses to pay I guess you could tell the BOI of your experience. If I personally were to auction an item off I would request the bidders be member's of the site for a certain amount of time or have some kind of trader rating present.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #27
Shadera
It's doubtful they'll consider banning people for not paying, but there are still things you can do to warn everyone else.

The BOI as mentioned above is a good start. A big ol' "deadbeat bidder" thread is what people who bid and don't pay deserve. If you were to become a paying member, you would also be able to leave him a negative trader rating that would follow him everywhere he posts.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #28
Chewy
I have no money to do so, ended up when seeing someone won buying the materials since I was at the XPVC supplier anyways. Now I have an extra adult rack :/. Ill try to BOI, thanks!

I contacted him and he has no intention on paying for the item.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
NocturnalNature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I have no money to do so, ended up when seeing someone won buying the materials since I was at the XPVC supplier anyways. Now I have an extra adult rack :/. Ill try to BOI, thanks!

I contacted him and he has no intention on paying for the item.
So you have the money to buy materials to build racks, but can't come up with $25.00 a year to allow you the ability to leave appropriate trader ratings?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #30
spunkeymonkey357
i like the idea but im a little confused by the auctions that say no reserve then start the auction price themselves why not just say its reserved oh well its trivial i know just pointing it out but all in all i like it gives me a chance to pursue my dreams as a breeder some day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!