What's the deal with this auction and reptile ring - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Auction Offerings > Auction Feedback Forum

Notices

Auction Feedback Forum I figure I need a place to discuss whether this auction section is working or not.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #21
WebSlave
This auction section is now in USE IT OR LOSE IT mode.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #22
Dbz4246
Are you setting a time frame? I will use it when I have babies on the ground this year, but it will be a few months.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:52 PM   #23
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
Are you setting a time frame? I will use it when I have babies on the ground this year, but it will be a few months.
Well, this section has been here now for almost 4 YEARS. How much time do you think is needed to prove it has flopped or not? Quite honestly, I had no idea it has been here for that long. But I can keep it here a bit longer if I get SOME sign that it has a future here. It doesn't cost me anything to do nothing.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #24
NIGRO51
Too much debate in there about reserves. Take it out back and stop the suffering.

Would it be possible to "auction" something from the classified pages? Seems like it would get a lot more traffic in there.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGRO51 View Post
Too much debate in there about reserves. Take it out back and stop the suffering.

Would it be possible to "auction" something from the classified pages? Seems like it would get a lot more traffic in there.
Possibly. Should be at least worth discussing.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #26
MrTPlush
I just don't see this ever working no matter how you do it. You have to ask yourself what would entice someone to want to auction their animal? Is there any advantage to auction? It just isn't there if you ask me. It seems the only good reason to auction is to move inventory fast and likely well under what they are worth. Would we even want that here? Most here at Fauna are just normal people breeding as a part of their hobby.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #27
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGRO51 View Post

The auction section was restarted because there was a small resurgence of interest in autions here....the problem being, at the time, that registered members were blocked from posting replies in the classifieds. That created a situation where sellers were posting PM and email bids; which naturally led to suspicion. (I'm not saying all sellers were taking advantage of the system to simply bump the prices...but some most definitely were.)
Now that the restriction has been lifted, it should be doable...but there would still be the issue of seller attempts at auctioneering, which basically amounts to ad bumping.

The person that started this thread had expressed an interest in putting some effort into the existing auction section - which, IMO, is a better option than auctions in the regular classifieds. As I remember, her ideas were focused on building interest in auctions & getting people involved. What she proposed made sense, as long as somebody wanted to put the effort into it. It was disappointing that she never returned to the discussion.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #28
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post

The person that started this thread had expressed an interest in putting some effort into the existing auction section - which, IMO, is a better option than auctions in the regular classifieds.
That I agree with, but honestly I can't really think of any other way to promote it, except for sellers actually using it.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #29
WebSlave
Exclamation

Yeah, last call on this auction section. Unless this section picks up SUBSTANTIALLY by the end of this month (July) I will be removing it. At least it will be removed as soon as I think about checking on it again after that deadline.

I don't see any sense having it take up screen real estate with what little use it has gotten since being set up.

This is one of the main reasons I am reluctant to set up something new on this site even when suggested by one or more members. It seldom proves to be worthwhile the effort of setting it up.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #30
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
That I agree with, but honestly I can't really think of any other way to promote it, except for sellers actually using it.
Even with it being moved to a better location, a lot of people never notice it (largely because of their browsing habits). If sellers aren't posting auctions, the buyers won't find them...and if people aren't bidding, there isn't much reason for the sellers to post there.
Promoting the auction section would be simple enough...but it would require more than a passing interest and a few minutes of time each week to get it active.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!