What's the deal with this auction and reptile ring - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Auction Offerings > Auction Feedback Forum

Notices

Auction Feedback Forum I figure I need a place to discuss whether this auction section is working or not.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:48 PM   #31
Dbz4246
If the Auction Section of the site goes down, would auctions be allowed within the regular Classifieds Section? Only reason I ask is that I like to use the auction section, but won't really have much to offer till at the end of the month, at the earliest.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:38 AM   #32
hhmoore
I don't see any reason why they would not be allowed - part of the problem before was that registered members weren't able to post responses in the classifieds. Sellers would post the "current high bid" and many people were less than trusting of the process.
The problem with auctions in the main classifieds is that people tend to want to play auctioneer; and all those posts intended to keep the auction visible & encourage bids are nothing but posted bumps (which are, of course, specifically disallowed)

Old 07-09-2016, 01:01 AM   #33
WebSlave
I suspect that with the lack of interest in this section, it going away is pretty much a done deal. But if anyone wants to surprise me, be my guest.

As for auctions being allowed in the classifieds section, well it depends. If it seems that the auctions are pissing off everyone else just trying to post classifieds and PAYING for the membership perk of bumping their ads, then this site will just have to live without auctions completely.

This section was intended to try to sidestep the messiness that auctions would likely generate in a combined setting with straight classified ads. And the fact that they just weren't possible to run with the modifications done to the classified sections to try to curtail the rampant bumping going on at the time. Heck, to be honest, I really don't know how much of those mods mentioned are still in effect right now. If I would have to pay my programmer to REMOVE the code to allow auctions to take place there, then that is just not going to happen.

THIS section was implemented in order to show me whether or not auctions would fly on this site at all. Currently, that answer appears to be a resounding "NO". The membership is telling me that auctions aren't wanted, much less needed on this site.

As an aside, I also have a personal interest in seeing if auctions would work here since one of these days I'm sure I am going to want to liquidate my herp library. Since I have no idea of what all those books are worth, an auction environment seemed the most practical way to address this. Guess I'll have to use some other sort of avenue when that time comes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!