one of this years breeding projects.......... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #1
robin d.
one of this years breeding projects..........

i am very excited bout one of my breeding projects,,,,
last year i bred two full stripers and got 100% fully striped offspring so im figurin something whether dominant or what was going on...
so this year i bought 1.1 leos from a tangerine x HQR red striped male.. these were produced by ross payan at leos anonymous.........

now what will i get?? i have no clue, if nothing else simply gorgeoous babiesm considering the parents/// shoot if i get an abbarant i would be super thrilled.... so yeah ok i want red stripes BUT this is very exciting... i mean hoiw is this line of stripes working... is it selectively bred,, is it genetic in nature like simple recessive or dominant... regardless this is one fun and exciting project.........

here is the male.....

here is the female (she is gravid)

i also plan on breeding him to a full stripe obtained from K and N

and also a jungle but i havent decided which one.. i have two..
i am interested in seeing how this gene , if it is one, works...... could these be "hets"?? dont know.... do they carry the gene but have to bred to either a stripe or jungle for it to be expressed??? no clue, thats whats so fun!!! hey if nothing else i should get some nice little tang babies.....
shoot im happy with healthy babies regardless of what they look like!!!

comments? suggestions?? experiences???

Old 01-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
robin d.
oops sorry for all my typos, i didnt sleep last night....... insomnia is horrible maybe i can catch some zz's later... hopefully that will HELP (but im sure not cure) my typos LOL....

Old 01-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
KelliH
I bet you hatch out some red stripes! I think it is a recessive trait.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!