Bad Guy Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:46 PM   #141
bcr229
Valdosta residents learn snake safety after local python problem

So wait - why was there a python problem in Valdosta, GA?

Attached Images

Old 05-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #142
NathanKS
here is an older link to the story

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Pyth...482925621.html

Old 05-30-2018, 07:18 PM   #143
Snake-Queen
Is it just supposition that Rance is behind the release of the ball pythons or is there proof that he is involved?

Old 05-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #144
snowgyre
We did the educational event in response to the article "Pythons Plague Valdosta Neighborhood" which understandably had the residents worried. Residents were spreading poisons such as mothballs out to deter snakes, being taken advantage of by local pest control companies, were killing harmless native species, were terrified to go outside, just a bad situation for everyone. This was following a sting operation where a resident was keeping illegal snakes. The name hasn't formally been released so I am not at liberty to say who it was. But yes, at least 20 hatchling ball pythons were captured throughout the neighborhood. As I have been saying on other websites, do not come to this neighborhood trying to find snakes! Doing so would undermine the relationship myself and other responsible reptile enthusiasts have cultivated with the neighborhood and impede the investigation, as each captured animal may be used as an individual animal cruelty charge.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #145
Deborah Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Is it just supposition that Rance is behind the release of the ball pythons or is there proof that he is involved?
Hard to tell if this is the same case but there is this mugshot from Valdosta
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #146
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Stewart View Post
Hard to tell if this is the same case but there is this mugshot from Valdosta
That would put it more on deductive reasoning than supposition.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #147
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
We did the educational event in response to the article "Pythons Plague Valdosta Neighborhood" which understandably had the residents worried. Residents were spreading poisons such as mothballs out to deter snakes, being taken advantage of by local pest control companies, were killing harmless native species, were terrified to go outside, just a bad situation for everyone. This was following a sting operation where a resident was keeping illegal snakes. The name hasn't formally been released so I am not at liberty to say who it was. But yes, at least 20 hatchling ball pythons were captured throughout the neighborhood. As I have been saying on other websites, do not come to this neighborhood trying to find snakes! Doing so would undermine the relationship myself and other responsible reptile enthusiasts have cultivated with the neighborhood and impede the investigation, as each captured animal may be used as an individual animal cruelty charge.
I want to personally thank you for your efforts. I used to live in that area and know all too well the fear and superstition the people can be.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:55 PM   #148
abdiaz
It's very nerve wrecking when you reside in the same city with a guy like him. It's even more frustrating when you as a snake owner get asked if I know him or had anything to do with the Valdosta snake incident. I go to VSU.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:40 AM   #149
Hermitharry
And yet still a repticon vendor

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Old 06-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #150
Phil Bradley
Does anyone have a connection with Repticon folks to confirm if Ashtyn is still allowed to vend? I’m definitely cancelling my show reservations if this is the case.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!