Anyone in the mood for a contest of sorts?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-06-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
ravensgait
Anyone in the mood for a contest of sorts??

Been trying to think of something to get things going on this forum .

This past week I picked up a female yearling Albino Black Ratsnake(yeah I know, not a Garter,Ribbon ETC) and an Adult WC Black Racer (who laid a bunch of eggs the night I got her) So here's what I was thinking,, we'd have a couple of contest for these two animals(The Racer will have to be acclimated ETC before I put her up) The Albino is CBB and eats FT fuzzies/hoppers. I'll post some photos of them when I can take a few..

So give me some ideas for what kind of contest, Drawing ETC ETC, I'll pick the idea I like and we'll start with the Albino.. Give me your ideas folks, the sooner we figure out how the sooner we start.

Also just so everyone know right from the start the animals are free,the winner will pay shipping cost.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
sfaoldguy
I posted a pic of my water snake on these forums and only two people posted... Really wasn't worth my time posting...

Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaoldguy
I posted a pic of my water snake on these forums and only two people posted... Really wasn't worth my time posting...
Just because only 2 people replied doesn't mean it isn't worth your time. There were 60 plus views which means your picture and information were seen by a number of people.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
DAND
Lightbulb How about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Been trying to think of something to get things going on this forum .

This past week I picked up a female yearling Albino Black Ratsnake(yeah I know, not a Garter,Ribbon ETC) and an Adult WC Black Racer (who laid a bunch of eggs the night I got her) So here's what I was thinking,, we'd have a couple of contest for these two animals(The Racer will have to be acclimated ETC before I put her up) The Albino is CBB and eats FT fuzzies/hoppers. I'll post some photos of them when I can take a few..

So give me some ideas for what kind of contest, Drawing ETC ETC, I'll pick the idea I like and we'll start with the Albino.. Give me your ideas folks, the sooner we figure out how the sooner we start.

Also just so everyone know right from the start the animals are free,the winner will pay shipping cost.
You could have a name that snake contest of sorts. Take a pic of a belly or head shot and see who can identify it. If there are more than one with the correct answer, then an uninvolved third party can pic a number after the correct parties have been assigned a number.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #5
ravensgait
Come on folks this thread has been viewed by 35 people and we have one suggestion. Doesn't anyone want a free snake? Randy

Old 07-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
ravensgait
Come on folks over 40 people have viewed this and only one suggestion!! What no one wants a free albino??

Looking for some ideas here , I'll be up front the idea is to boost participation in this forum.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
Rebel Dragons
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post in both of your forums.....

I was going to use this for a bearded dragon contest but I suppose there is no harm in sharing. Besides I have a few contest ideas floating around in my head......

How about a "Calender" contest. The idea is for the member to choose a month to represent with his or her submission. You can use props, photoshop, basically anything you wanted to represent the month you choose. October could be a fall or halloween theme, February could be valentines, etc etc....... Only rules are that the animal in the picture must be recognizable and that the photo is owned by the submitting member.

With 12 months to choose from and such creative members there should be a wide variety of unique submissions.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
aliceinwl
An ID thread would be fun, especially since there is such a diverse array of species in this group and many are challenging to differentiate. I'm personally just about maxed out on live animals but would still love to participate. I've got a flash coming for my camera so I'll be ready to start snapping shortly.

Scenting strategies might be a fun thread to start and eventually sticky. A lot of people seem to be turned off by garters because of the perceived difficulty in getting them to take rodents. All of mine have converted readily once I found the right trick and I'm sure that there are other garter aficionados with various tricks up their sleeves for different species that I haven't seen yet.

-Alice

Old 07-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
its hard to do a contest thats fair for everyone. But again, how about really "Cute" Snake pictures this time? not just all herps? I know there are some talented photographers out there. Though, maybe the images shouldnt be based on Quality, but the overall cuteness factor? this way it opens it up to more people while still requiring a minimal amount of skill.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
ravensgait
Well I'm thinking of one of these two, a photo contest or one where a post number for this forum is chosen and who ever hits that number wins. really thought this would have gotten more interest than it has..Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!