Bad Guy Feenix Reptiles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #51
BlueCrowned
Thanks Guys.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #52
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrowned View Post
That's what I'm doing yeah. I've been treating with reptile relief, and I switched to paper towels as soon as I realized that she had mites and had time to clean the cage (the next day after I got her home). PAM should arrive in the mail today and we're going to get this taken care of. I did notice them right away so the bedding didn't have anything to do with whether i did/didn't notice (but I use aspen which is light, fwiw).

To Feenix-- I apologize for my hasty reaction. I understand the mites may not have come from your booth necessarily. I took several good photos of her at the show where no mites are visible, and probably should have reviewed those before posting. I did stop by your booth again after picking her up so I would still keep an eye on your collection if I were you.

Thanks.
This post shows alot about your character. Happy to put you back in the green! Kudos!

Old 04-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #53
BlueCrowned
I'm really glad one of you reminded me to remove the animals bc I almost forgot that I should also remove the finches that share my room and that would have been a real disaster

Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #54
ElexisC
Quote:
I'm really glad one of you reminded me to remove the animals bc I almost forgot that I should also remove the finches that share my room and that would have been a real disaster
you're welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 04-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #55
BlueCrowned
Wanted to give a photo update. She still has plenty of mites but I can take photos that don't show it now so I'd say I'm getting somewhere just finished Pam treatment, hopefully nearing the end of this now
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #56
caffeinecynic
She is a lovely snake, Toby. Glad this seems to have been sorted out to no harm or foul; hope she makes a swift recovery and good luck

Old 04-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #57
BlueCrowned
She is a beauty and I don't regret buying her even if she ended up costing me a little more than 180 lol

Idk if Scott is still reading this but thank you again for selling her to me if you are, and again I apologize for my hasty reaction. As a new herper I was quite upset to find that my second animal has mites! So I may have overreacted just a little

Old 04-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #58
Andy_G
Quote:
She is a beauty and I don't regret buying her even if she ended up costing me a little more than 180 lol

Idk if Scott is still reading this but thank you again for selling her to me if you are, and again I apologize for my hasty reaction. As a new herper I was quite upset to find that my second animal has mites! So I may have overreacted just a little
As others have said, you are completely doing the right thing here by acknowledging that you may have over-reacted in the situation. Good on you!

On a side note...be as hands off as possible when treating for mites for the whole duration of treatment until you're certain they're gone.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #59
tlmoon
Really nice snake! Looks like she's found a good home with you. Mites are a hassle, but you'll be an old pro in no time and we all learn as we go.

Don't forget to come up to PDX for the next expo! There's one in August usually, but at a smaller venue. Still lots of fun to attend though.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:37 AM   #60
BlueCrowned
Planning on it! I won't be buying any more reptiles for now, most likely, but I can always use bulk feeders.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!