Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 106 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 AM   #1051
Sugarhedgie

Ty says I'm now suing the IRCF.
My lawyer sent them a demand letter asking for the prize. They have 20 days to respond. Or court may be the only other option.

At this point It could be solved very easy. IRCF talks to ty and says hey ty let's just give her her prize.
They Send me the tegu or the money and we end it.

Highly doubtful that is how It will go.
So yes ty is forcing my hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
I don't know Ty and I don't know the OP. So I have no idea what either one is like outside of this thread. But this is what I see happening in this situation.

Ty offers T- albino tegus that he will produce for raffle $100 a ticket with the money going to Iguana charity. In the case he doesn't produce any albinos he will give $3000 to the winners. OP gets excited to get a chance to win a tegu from Ty park and if she doesn't win the $400 goes to charity win win for her. Ty gets lucky in the genetics lottery and produces all T+ albinos no T- . He then decides they are more valuable then what he was originally donating so they are off the table he will buy 3 T- tegus and send those to the winners.(by doing this he has changed the terms of the raffle. (Everybody that entered; entered to win a tegu produced by him not anybody else's tegu but a Ty Park tegu) The OP not happy with this decides to question Ty asking where these replacement tegus are coming from because she really entered the raffle wanting one of his tegus and that him replacing the prize with a random T- tegu from someone else was shady/scammy. Ty as you say gets his feathers ruffled and won't divulge anything about the replacement tegus. OP asks can I have T+ tegu Ty says no they are way more valuable you can't have one. Ty unable to find any T - tegus decides the heck with it I'll just give everybody T+ tegus. For some reason Ty refuses to tell OP what kind of tegu he's sending just give me your address I'm sending a tegu. All she wanted was to know what kind of tegu she was getting and where it came from. If Ty just answers that simple question none of this other stuff ever happens

Ty's ruffled feathers caused all this grief all he had to do was communicate to the OP what he was sending but he refused to do so. He did this because he thought she was greedy for wanting to know where her tegu was coming from or would have rather just had the $3000 than the random tegu. You ask why she is suing a non profit, she's suing them because Ty forced her to.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:56 AM   #1052
filenamex5100
and that's what I don't understand!

if ty is so generous (in this case he owes michelle) and claims to have offered to send her the prize, whats different now?!? just send her the actual price or $3000 and be done with it.
ty and his outfit are acting like they are loosing money on this not grasping the fact that michelle is owed this prize!
the only part that I would theoretically agree with on ty part is that I would want to throw up having to give away $3000. the difference is he knew he was going to have to give up something of great value or the cash before he even started.

i recall seeing some sort of a partial refund settlement offer earlier. that alone shows a great deal of guilt (in my opinion obviously). in my experience with lawsuits (yes actual lawsuits on the federal level) the settlement agreements from the defendants each stated that it wasn't an admission of guilt or anything along those lines. it is simply an offer to stop further costs from building up. i think that's actually pretty generic for a settlement.
what I'm trying to say is, perhaps the amount they offered you is all they feel its worth. doesn't change the fact the you are owed the entire amount. you are still in the right, michelle.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:04 AM   #1053
Sugarhedgie
Ty told the court that he was only willing to give me 400 and the IRCF sent me a check for 400. That I did not cash. Then recently knowing that I didn't cash the check the IRCF sent my PayPal 400 and it said something like full refund. I refunded the 400 via PayPal. Because sorry but I don't accept that as a "full refund"

I don't know how they would think that's ok!!! I didn't rust 400 to win an albino tegu or $3000 to win my 400 back. It was an insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
and that's what I don't understand!

if ty is so generous (in this case he owes michelle) and claims to have offered to send her the prize, whats different now?!? just send her the actual price or $3000 and be done with it.
ty and his outfit are acting like they are loosing money on this not grasping the fact that michelle is owed this prize!
the only part that I would theoretically agree with on ty part is that I would want to throw up having to give away $3000. the difference is he knew he was going to have to give up something of great value or the cash before he even started.

i recall seeing some sort of a partial refund settlement offer earlier. that alone shows a great deal of guilt (in my opinion obviously). in my experience with lawsuits (yes actual lawsuits on the federal level) the settlement agreements from the defendants each stated that it wasn't an admission of guilt or anything along those lines. it is simply an offer to stop further costs from building up. i think that's actually pretty generic for a settlement.
what I'm trying to say is, perhaps the amount they offered you is all they feel its worth. doesn't change the fact the you are owed the entire amount. you are still in the right, michelle.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:13 AM   #1054
filenamex5100
They are trying to strong arm you. Thats why you have a lawyer though. I was given rediculous settlement offers my first time around from both defendents...of which i rejected immediately. The next offers were just about double the first.
I too would see that first offer of $400 as a insult. The attempt through paypal i consider a attempt to strong arm you. The longer it drags out, the more costly itll get to them.

Please be fullyaware of this though (which is what i am dealing with currently). Taxes!! Yours could even be considered capital gains. Just know going into it that the tax liability on the winnings or prize will be on you. Even the lawyers portion will be on you. Just something to think about if i comes time to damages and all. Taxes add up quick. ....trust me.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #1055
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
Actually, Chris Kennard, Ty HAS been known to pay people's bills or help with medical or vet expenses for various people in the reptile community who have run into trouble one way or another. I know this to be an absolute FACT, because not only do I know people he has helped, he helped my family personally when my husband was dying of cancer. That says A LOT for his character.

As for the character of this woman, given that she is now going after a nonprofit conservation organization, that says a lot for HER character as well.
Actually it says a lot about YOUR character that you are fine with Michelle having a substantial prize that is rightfully hers withheld because at one point Ty gave you money he didn't have any obligation to give you? That's quite a selfish opinion and I think would say more about YOUR character than about Michelle's.

For example, say I have 3 small kids at home... I leave them home alone and go volunteer at a kid's hospital for the day. Should I not be held accountable for leaving my kid's home alone because I was helping other kids? No! We have OBLIGATIONS, how we handle those is MORE important than the things we chose to do.

Ty dropped the ball and than let his ego run rampant from there. HE got the nonprofit involved and it's HIS actions that are causing them to be faced with legal action. HE is the one who can stop this and instead he posts screenshots of donations, once again to stroke his own ego. If you want to be mad at someone for involving them, be mad at Ty, not Michelle.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #1056
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
Ty told the court that he was only willing to give me 400 and the IRCF sent me a check for 400. That I did not cash. Then recently knowing that I didn't cash the check the IRCF sent my PayPal 400 and it said something like full refund. I refunded the 400 via PayPal. Because sorry but I don't accept that as a "full refund"

I don't know how they would think that's ok!!! I didn't rust 400 to win an albino tegu or $3000 to win my 400 back. It was an insult
I don't remember and I am too lazy to search. Who did you send the original $400 to Ty or IRCF? Also did you do that via Paypal?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #1057
Mike Schultz
Fauna: A higher court than... well, a court.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #1058
Pouky28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Fauna: A higher court than... well, a court.
In the mind of the fauna minions!

Old 03-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #1059
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
I don't remember and I am too lazy to search. Who did you send the original $400 to Ty or IRCF? Also did you do that via Paypal?
Payments were sent directly to the IRCF. Through paypal

Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #1060
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouky28 View Post
In the mind of the fauna minions!
There's alot more integrity in being a Fauna minion than a Ty minion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu