Questions about ReptileBasics.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
deviljho
Questions about ReptileBasics.com

I've been looking into getting a rack system to finally get started in the hobby, and I found this website that offers Rack Systems for prices I don't really believe. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this website, or if anyone knew of a good reputable site to get rack systems for a cheaper price. Thank you in advance!

Old 12-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
bcr229
I have a RB rack that I purchased used, locally, and have no complaints with it. I've purchased other items from RB, such as F10SC and thermostats, and have no complaints.

For enclosures and racks shipping can be more expensive than the item you purchase since they are bulky. I would try finding a local source.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #3
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljho View Post
. . . I found this website that offers Rack Systems for prices I don't really believe.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this website, or if anyone knew of a good reputable site to get rack systems for a cheaper price.
Not sure what you mean by "prices I don't really believe".

RB racks are nice, and shipping is included in the price. I bought a 16-tub rack a few years ago for around $259, I think. I've also bought several thermostats and heat panels from them.

If you want something less expensive, you can try finding used caging, as Melinda suggested.

Kathy

Old 12-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
deviljho
I was told that rack systems were a lot more expensive then 275$. Don't get me wrong, that price seems very good for me and what I want to do, I just thought it'd be more expensive...

Old 12-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Beyond GenetiX
I've bought two racks from reptile basics in the past two months, you will not be disappointed.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #6
deviljho
Alright, sounds like this site is good. Thank you all for your feedback! I am very grateful.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #7
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljho View Post
I was told that rack systems were a lot more expensive then 275$. Don't get me wrong, that price seems very good for me and what I want to do, I just thought it'd be more expensive...
They're all different prices, depending on the manufacturer, materials used, and size. I've got a 10-tub rack from Animal Plastics that I paid over $500 for, and tubs were an additional $120. Decent caging is expensive, but worth it in the long run.

You'll like Reptile Basics if you get one of their racks.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!