Info schisto aka exusia supply - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
hhmoore
schisto aka exusia supply

I posted this in the Canadian BOI, but figured I should put it on the American side, too.

I contacted Schisto not too long ago, and the email I received in response was from "exusia supply". There is another thread here indicating that exusia supply and Steve Christian are names used by Steve Shillingford. I have also found indications that ads by posted Steve Shillingford on other sites have been replied to by exusia supply, which seems to give some confirmation to this ID.
I don't know if there is a "Nick"; but given that "Weaver" was originally the location entry for that account, and it got added to the name after the account was contacted regarding the full name requirement in our classifieds, I consider it suspect.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
kensopher
I have seen this person's ads, and they have always struck me as shady. I saw the location listed as "Weaver" several months ago. I posted a question asking where Weaver is...no reply. Now, the information has changed as reflected in Harald's post.

In his first ads, you could not get any information about available animals, pricing, etc. unless you posted your email address.

Recently, the ad stated that he is only looking for customers that are not connected to a Florida based importer. That strikes me as strange. It almost makes me wonder if he is looking for customers with little experience dealing with importers.

He also stated in an ad that he can obtain and legally import Homopus sp. and that he has contacts in Madagascar. That is some highly regulated stuff right there! I'm not saying it is impossible, but you have to really scrutinize someone that makes these claims.

I would really be interested in hearing from someone that has done business with this person. I contacted a fairly well connected friend in Canada. He had never heard of him.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
cobraman1
schisto

I replied to one of his ads about wholesale monitors and asked him to send me a price list of the monitors he had. I got a huge wholesale list of animals, thats about ten pages long. He responded as NICK schisto@ymail.com.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
edhastereptiles
anyone done bussiness with him?i just got a price list too!would also like to know another good wholesaler if anyone can recomend one?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Sharpshooter
Looks like another alias for Steve Shillingford (he has dozens, and those are just the ones we know about). This guy has no animals; he uses other peoples' lists and pics. He just marks up the price, then has the supplier send you animals, IF you get anything at all. The dude is rotten as regurga-mouse. Avoid like the plague.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!