whats a good snake - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #91
xXBlueLipsXx
I like the vision product better, and where did you find the vision link? because I was looking for tanks made for them and they were WAAYYY too expensive and it was something very cheap materials i assume. I found one cage that was small and cost 2,000 and something for it it was outrages!!!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #92
AbsoluteApril
Lots of cage manufacturers and options to consider -
there's also Animal Plastics, Neodesha, Proline Cages (northwest constrictors) and one of my favorite low cost cage makers Barrs cages (herpcages).
Check out the BOI (board of inquiry) here on fauna for cage maker reviews to help steer yourself in the best direction.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #93
xXBlueLipsXx
thank you

Old 07-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #94
SnakeLover97
Do not get a green tree python for your first snake. They are incredibly territorial and mean in almost all cases. I recommend a plain old ball python, they are very calm and can be handled frequently no problem. I wouldn't get a fancy morph or anything expensive till your experienced. If for some reason you mess up and he dies you dont want a thousand dollars down the toilet. Make sure you know how to make a proper habitat too.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #95
xXBlueLipsXx
SnakeLover97 I know I'm highly considering a Carpet python, blood boa and possibly Red tailed green rat snake. I have done A LOT of research on the 3 snakes im considering

Old 07-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #96
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLover97 View Post
Do not get a green tree python for your first snake. They are incredibly territorial and mean in almost all cases. I recommend a plain old ball python, they are very calm and can be handled frequently no problem. I wouldn't get a fancy morph or anything expensive till your experienced. If for some reason you mess up and he dies you dont want a thousand dollars down the toilet. Make sure you know how to make a proper habitat too.
Yeahp...terrible temperment...Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406478496656.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  51.7 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1406478514052.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  79.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1406478549033.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  90.5 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1406478586801.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  59.0 KB

Old 07-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #97
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
For comparison, I have also attached an adult female ball python attempting to swallow my finger.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406478857903.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  59.8 KB

Old 07-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #98
bcr229
Good point, individuals can have very different personalities. I have a ball python that must have been a pit viper in a prior life, even at 1500 grams she will tag you while being held.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #99
xXBlueLipsXx
EmeraldBoid in the future my dream snake is a green tree python ... you just got lucky on the temperment probably a bit or you got a baby and worked out its bitting stuff (still a newby too many people say NO GREEN TREE PYTHONS THERE MEAN, nearly every information I read about them said there a display snake only, they stress when handled and always bite). Bcr229 and yes it does depend on there personalitys really even if you buy a ball python still doesnt mean it wont bite you constantly, just depends on personality

Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #100
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlueLipsXx View Post
EmeraldBoid in the future my dream snake is a green tree python ... you just got lucky on the temperment probably a bit or you got a baby and worked out its bitting stuff (still a newby too many people say NO GREEN TREE PYTHONS THERE MEAN, nearly every information I read about them said there a display snake only, they stress when handled and always bite). Bcr229 and yes it does depend on there personalitys really even if you buy a ball python still doesnt mean it wont bite you constantly, just depends on personality
No luck here, just natural tendencies. Chondros, like other arboreals, are alert animals that may not take well to how flighty inexperienced keepers can be...on average though they do not care. I am not going to show you pics of every chondro I have worked with, but I can assure you that anyone who has worked with the species for a considerable time will agree that they are quite mellow in general...likely the same with ball python keepers.

I never recommended them as a starter snake, possibly an intermediate, yes. If it ever came off to you in any other way, then you have my sincerest apology. I did mention that if you are dead set on the species then go for it, but it would not be my first recommendation.

I am sorry, but the fact that you see "luck" as a factor in the nature, health, and quality of a keeper's collection is a little disturbing. Like any hobby, you have to take responsibility for yourself as well as what you're working with. This hobby may not be as expensive or as time consuming as others, but it does require a certain amount of finesse and will that I am afraid "luck" will not afford you.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!