house snakes info needed - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #31
Dennis Hultman
John, I wanted to ask if I could sticky your post about their care under a FAQ and care sheet type post at the top of this forum?

Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #32
John Cherry
No Problem

No problem, if you want I will put together a more complete version as soon as I can get it done.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 06-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #33
Dennis Hultman
That would be great, John! Thank you.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:14 AM   #34
Dennis Hultman
John, I posted the information and stuck it to the top of this forum. I appreciate what you have done and I'm sure many others seeking information will also find it extremely helpful.

Thanks again.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #35
babyface
hey since you guys are on the topic of house snakes could you confirm that this is a house snake ?

the seller claims its a columbian rainbow boa

http://www.souq.com/uploaded/2037235.jpg

http://www.souq.com/uploaded/2037235/snake3.jpg

head shot !

http://www.souq.com/uploaded/2037233/Snake%20head.jpg

Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #36
John Cherry
African Brown House Snake

from what I can see yes it is a house snake.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 06-30-2006, 05:41 PM   #37
t. larson
good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cherry
I always enjoy passing what information we have learned over the years on to others. That is the great thing about this new age of the hobby. In years past we were always isolated it seemed and had little contact with each other. The web and sites such as this and others make things a lot easier for everyone. Let me know if I cna be of help in the future.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms
I started into this when I was a kid (late '70s early '80s) so was even MORE isolated. The hobby itself makes people think your a weirdo sometimes

Hey at least these creatures have a backbone :-)

Some organisms without backbones creep even ME out

Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 AM   #38
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. larson
The hobby itself makes people think your a weirdo sometimes
I'm surprised that in my experience as of late, I find people more curious than anything else.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:24 AM   #39
John Cherry
It is really surprizing to me the statistics

from a couple of years ago, where the Pet Industry council ran a survey and there were more dollars worth of sales for reptiles and reptile related items than for birds or cats in the US. I find that really hard to believe, but any where close would indicate a flourishing hobby to say the least. It seems reptiles are becoming more mainstream every day.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 07-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #40
t. larson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
I'm surprised that in my experience as of late, I find people more curious than anything else.
Maybe I'll have to "come outta the closet" so to speak LOL.

I usually hide my hobby and animals because people generally go apeshit.

Usually.

I've come across a few exceptions. Maybe people aren't so weirded out by reptiles anymore. Maybe I don't get out enough LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!