Inquiry Bruce Mcelyea/ Don Paul's Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
Matthew T. Schaefer
Bruce Mcelyea/ Don Paul's Reptiles

Has anyone interacted with or sold to Bruce Mcelyea of Don Paul's Reptiles? The email address is copin4me@aol.com.

Thank you!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
Dkop
He recently contacted me about a trade. From what I can find, no one knows of him. Did you ever find anything out?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #3
Robert Walker
The email above copin4me@aol.com at least goes to a facebook page with a matching name:
https://www.facebook.com/bruce.mcelyea

Old 04-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
Robert Walker
Is this the person contacting you as "Bruce" versus "Ian"?
Don Paul's RRC
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
LauraB
Bruce Mcelyea's FB lists Ian Mcelyea as his son.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
That's correct, Ian is Bruce's son. Bruce lives in Springfield Missouri, Ian is College in Kansas City.

Back in the late 80'S Bruce sold me a Beaded Lizard, we met at one of my rental houses in Springfield and within hours of him dropping it off to me, he called the authorities, to tell them I had a Beaded lizard within the city limits, which at the time was illegal in Springfield Missouri.

In addition he took Bob Clark for several thousand dollars, and turned him in for basically the same thing, in Oklahoma City. Bob will have to tell you all about that. I do know this to be a FACT!

I think Ian is a good kid, I wouldn't trust Bruce, PERIOD!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 04-13-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
I think Ian is a good kid, I wouldn't trust Bruce, PERIOD!
There are two accounts under Ian's name:
1. Don Pauls RRC (this is the account that "Bruce" approached Dkop with)
2. McLeachies

McLeachies just posted classified ads under Ian as of 4/9/16.
So it would appear that either Ian is actively using two accounts OR his dad has access to his older account OR "Bruce" used his son's name when he created Don Pauls RRC in 2015.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
There are two accounts under Ian's name:
1. Don Pauls RRC (this is the account that "Bruce" approached Dkop with)
2. McLeachies

McLeachies just posted classified ads under Ian as of 4/9/16.
So it would appear that either Ian is actively using two accounts OR his dad has access to his older account OR "Bruce" used his son's name when he created Don Pauls RRC in 2015.
Robert,
THANKS for your investigative skills!

My mind has been changed, regardless of who's at fault for what ever reason either might have, I wouldn't trust father or son.

There's that old adage "the fruit don't fall far from the tree"

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 04-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
Don Pauls RRC
Bruce McElyea

I normally do not post online and have been technically out of "reptiles fot some time" However the statements made by lynn petterson are wholly incorrect , slanderous at least Don Pauls Reptiles has always been associated with quality and was named after my brother who was murdered brutilly for no reason in 1985 and the case is still open, MCREPTIlES is my sons buisness and i developed several strains of leachies which are beautiful znd some of the best out there and neighther I or my son have or would not cheat anyone and am a devout christian who worked at a bible college during the time some of Lynns acusations occured and if it happened i would have fired from my job. Concerning the alleged selling of a beaded lizard is wholely false and i only worked with zoos. I sold a cuban ground iguana to a man i did not know as Lynn Petterson the only transaction with Lynn was going to his real home in the backwoods where he had a huge greenhouse and h bought a jacksons chameleon from him and he showed me his set ups raising babies on fruitflies and Lynn and I had nothing but good transactions but few the man i sold or traded the cuban iguana was not the same Lynn Peterson i new and was a theif he took the iguana and never paid me for it and moved within days he was a professional fisherman so he said and i never saw my $500. Iguana or this man again again not the Lynn Peterson i knew so whoever really posted this add is either mistaken or a prankster. What did happen is i had brought back a beaded lizard from a zoo that was on breeding loan the very day after the man who took my cuban iguana called the police on me and i didnt know they were illegal. I got cheated out an valuable female iguana and the next day 4-5 pilice cars blocked my driveways came to my door put their foot in my door and forced there way in and demanded i give them the beaded lizard and mike crocker the local zoo head brutally handled the beaded lizard and was shaking he was so afraid yet the animal was not agressive. I was told by the city venous animals were banned from city limits and so i quickly arranged another zoo loan and never saw it again eigther. I have my doubts this is the real lynn peterson as i talked to him after the incedent and we were always on good terms and i found Lynn to be honest and Lynn never mentioned this supposed beaded trade. I always had plenty of enemies as i worked closely with many zoos across the country and even was asked by Qenten Bloxen of Gerald Durrells zoo at ghe channel islands to help them breed the animals for re-introduction that alone made a lot of people mad but i was trying to help save and re-introduce herps where they were near extention. Finally the tell tell sign of this being bogus and false in accusations is due to Mr Bob Clark, i worked with the USFS trying to break up and expose international smuggling ring which we were successful at and i was awarded the highest accomidation in the service and rings were broken up in at least 3 countries. I never cheated Bob out of anything and whoever has made these statements which are false and can be proven false can get in big legal trouble and The gentlemen again saying i ripped off Bob is false anything i had if his at the time was proprty of the US. not me. I am hesitant going into details on a case that i worked on and am bound to not discuss details. I will say this Bob would have never got into trouble i dont seek it out today but i was being pressered to do some very serious crimes and i refused and try to keep any and all transactions legal. He dug his own grave yet i tried to stop him. To date i continue to get threats for trying to protect endangered wildlife and just like these false statements made againts me people continue to rape the planet of rare species , shark fin soup alone has decimated our sees of a top pretator. On closing whoever posted this better have solid proof, evidence against me for these statements. What i have said is the truth and can be backed up, anyone found to be making these statements, or threaten my life while i was working these cases face the same consequences as anyone. I.E. Murdering a federal officer in line of duty even 20 years later faces the death penalty. I will not cow down to a lot of criminals . I am not looking for trouble or to bust someone those days are gone, but again unlike the post above i was and am highly respected by law enforcement and they know its a hard job, but again i had no intention of doing anything to Mr Clark .Everyone out there need to remember the weathy men with money and power dont get their hands dirty they use other people for paultry sums and laugh when they go to jail for crimes they perpetrate. The story in this post is concocted and is trying to get me upset or give details i can not dicuss. But i hope i said enough for people to see through the the story which is untrue, concocted has very little base in fact what details are provided are twisted. Anyone who believes it knows nothing of the facts. If this nonsence continues i will take whatever steps necessary to expose the truth and clear my name. sincerely Bruce

Old 04-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #10
Black Adder
Very interesting indeed
But I will tell you that you probably need to reconcile the name on the Fauna account to reflect your correct real name
You signed off as Bruce, yet the account states Ian
Just saying before a mod places you in limbo until you do so anyway
Be a shame if you could not defend yourself on here over a simple technicality

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!