I changed their set ups, ok or no? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
Leighanne
I changed their set ups, ok or no?

I know we were told to leave Ermac alone but decided it wouldn't be futile either to change her. We started with Rasta first the Blue Cobalt which already had 3 to 4 inches of coconut mulch, a log and water dish. Jeff stuck a Nintendo 64 cartridge in front of her log to block her and I took a wet paper towel and wiped away all the poop on the sides of her tank, cleaned out the dirt from her water dish and added about three large cups of peat moss into her enclosure which she seems to be enjoying. Shes definitely burrowing more. I tried to mix the two as best as possible but it didn't get mixed to much. I mean she is a Cobalt!

Ermac our Chilean Rose hair we took out and layed her on our bed in the deli cup and Jeff cleaned her whole tank out. Then I put in a whole bag of potting soil and mixed 4 large cups of peat moss with that and topped it off with peat moss because the potting soil was a little moist. It will dry out very quickly though, it actually already has and she looks MUCH nicer now. She has at least 5 inches of dirt which gives her options she didn't have before to burrow, bull doze and dig around however she wants. So what do you guys think? Did I do an ok job? I thought I remembered peat moss being ok for most all Ts and I won't have to mess with them for another year now. lol Thanks guys!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
John Apple
You did a right fine job, and you will see that your Ermac will burrow a bit more than you thought.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!