Hay's Haven - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #1
gwbolton
Thumbs down Hay's Haven

WARNING TO ALL REPTILE BUYERS...............
THIS GUY SOLD ME SICK GECKOS. THE DISEASE IS NOT LIMITED TO GECKOS ONLY THOU. BEWARE ON BUY FROM HIM. HE HAS REFUSED TO MAKE GOOD ON THE SALE. THIS IS THE FIRST BAD DEAL I HAVE HAD IN OVER 10 YEARS IN DEALING WITH HERPS. BUT THIS GUY IS A BAD ONE. THE SICK ALBINO LEOPARD GECKOS HE SOLD ME ALSO CAUSE MY FAT TAIL GECOKS TO DIE TO. THIS WAS VERIFIED BY A LOCAL VET. SO I RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM HAY'S HAVEN OR JASON HAYS. IF YOU DO IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
GARY BOLTON

Old 06-08-2003, 10:48 AM   #2
ms_terese
Sorry for the loss of your animals, Gary

Will you please provide as many details as you can, i.e., the date you recieved the sick animals, when you notified the seller, when the animals went to the vet, etc.?

Thanks, and good luck with your remaining animals.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:54 PM   #3
hayshaven
Gary bought 8 leopard geckos from me on 8/24/2002. Approximately a week later he called saying that the 3 albinos were sick. He also stated that he had bought some baby fattails from another breeder before he got mine and they had died right after mine arrived. Keep in mind that at this time the ones he had bought from me were still alive. He got a refund or replacement from the other breeder. Which in my mind would say that he had also blamed them for the death of his lizards. We contacted eachother a few times over the next week or so. During this time he changed the vets diagnosis a number of times, along with the number of my leos that he had lost. Originally there was 1 dead, 1 sick, 1 OK. It changed next to 2 dead, 1 OK. Then all 3 were supposedly dead. Next thing you know there was only 1 that had died. To this day I still don't know for sure how many if any died. After talking to 2 other breeders (That have asked to not be mentioned) who have had bad experiences dealing with Gary Bolton. I talked it over with my wife and we decided that not to send him the gecko. I understand the risk that I'm taking by not sending him the gecko. But I honestly believe that my geckos were extremely healthy when they left here, and that the fattails were the original cause of the problem. I e-mailed him about this, but he outright said he doesn't want to talk about the fattails. I have a large list of references, if anyone is interested. If anyone has any questions to ask about this, please feel free to e-mail me at: jva95@msn.com
Jason Hays

Old 06-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
gwbolton
reply to hays haven

i have never changed what the vet. said was the reason. and the fattails that i had died i had for a over a month before i got the geckos off you and they where health til your geckos arrived. i took your geckos to the vet i use the day after i got them like any other animal i get to protect my other animals. at that time the one died and the other two where in poor shape from a infection which they had from before i received them. the fattails where at the vet before and where given a clean bill of health. they also came from a quality breeder. Mark Leshock of M.L. REPTILES. and i use a top vet at Lincoln Hgy Vet Hospital here in Lancaster. who did an autopsy on the first albino and the infection was wide spread in her. that doen't happen that fast he told me or it doesn't happen if you would have taken proper care of them. so i tried to save the other two with meds. i got from the vet. and lost them also becuase the infection was too far gone. where is this my fault. you sold me sick geckos and you think i should just lose the 150 dollars on the deal. what kind of honest person deal with people like this. NO OTHER PERSON I HAVE DEALT WITH HAS BEEN AS DISHONEST AS YOU. and now you don't like it when i complain about it. i not only lost the albinos but also my whole colony of fattail breeder because of you. and you don't think i should be upset. and all i ask for is to get back what i paid for the albinos only. nothing else not even shipping. your unthinkable act messed up my stock for the next year or so. but maybe this is the way you get rid of other breeders. any question to me can be email to gwboltoncomcast.net

Old 06-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #5
Darin Chappell
Assuming for the sake of argument that the leos were shipped sick, how did THAT fact cause the death of the fat tails? If you take all animals to the vet in order to keep your other animals safe, do you not also quarrantine new arrivals??? That part doesn't make much sense to me. I cannot see how it would be the fault of Jason that the fat talis died, no matter what.

Also, do you have documentation from your vet that you could post here? Do you have pictures of the dead geckos? I have to admit that I would be hesitant in sending you any replacement animals based solely on what you've outlined here. I'm really sorry you've lost animals, but you really do need to document what you've accused Jason of doing here, Gary.

By the way, the TOS for the BOI requires that you use your fullname with each and every post. You might want to edit your signature line so that you don't have to worry about that requirement in the future.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:28 PM   #6
gwbolton
i am not asking anything about the fat tails. the day i brought this to jis attention he told me he would send me some babies as soon as they hatched. months go by no geckos. i goto his site to find one of the babies for sale. he replies haveno money will send when i do. then i get email will be sending it to you. still haven't received. once i start to get mad he suddenly decides to say he has people who say i do bad dealings. to try to cover up the fact he shipped sick herps. and won't make good on the deal. as for proof of that
Hello Gary,
I have the money for shipping now. Just waiting for some temps in the 30s preferably. I'll let you know before I ship.
Jason
CHECK OUT OUR BEARDED DRAGONS ETC.. AT: http://hayshaven.tripod.com .

never got that shipment as to this date. so i sent him this email...
To: VERONICA PARKER
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: temped albino geckos

was wondering about when you were going to ship him.........?

then suddenly i get this lie sent to me...
After talking to 2 other breeders that have had problems dealing with you. And since your story of the problem has changed too many times for me to even count. I've decided not to ship you the lizard.
ok problem there i only have dealt with 2 guyS in ILL. jason being one of them i talked to the other no problems there. 2 in penna. no problems there . the liazrd lady no problems there. 3 in fl. no complains there. and 3 in ca. all ok there too. oops i guess he forgot i keep track of all reptile the enter and leave my home. gotta thank mark for that idea. and if i did have any problems they would have reported me to paypal which is who i use for most of my transactions. no complaints there either.
so he sold sick animals said he would make good on it and failed to do so. an this according to him is all my fault. all i want is what i am due back what i paid for the albinos nothing more or less.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
sputnik
Question Quarrantine????

It's unfortunate that they died, but Just how exactly did the leos contaminate the fat tails?

All new arrivals should be quarrantined and proper care should be taken when handling new arrivals and then handling all other animals. If not, then spreading disease is easily done.

You state that the leos caused the fat tails to die and that this statement is backed up by a vet.

So, show us the vets documentation that proves this.

Quote:
one died and the other two where in poor shape from a infection which they had from before i received them.
What infection, please show vet documentation as to what the infection was.

Quote:
i not only lost the albinos but also my whole colony of fattail breeder because of you.
If basic quarrantining rules had of been followed, then chances are you wouldn't of lost the fat tail colony.

If you are going to make accusations that someone is being dishonest etc, then you need to back up those accusations with the documentation needed.

Otherwise, you have ZERO proof that Jason is responsible for any wrong doing.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #8
ms_terese
Gary,

Please slow down. If you could provide some facts on some things, it will help.

1) What date did you receive the geckos?
2) What date did you take them to the vet?
3) What date did each of them die?
4) Did you provide the seller with the vet report and/or photos of the dead animals?
5) Can you post the vet report and or those photos here?

The first email you posted means nothing, because there is no header or date on it.

Please provide some DOCUMENTATION in some understable form and order.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #9
sputnik
FORGOT TO MENTION

You say that two other breeders had problems with him, but don't want their names mentioned.

Well, if they don't want their names mentioned then what they say means nothing and no point in even mentioning that two other breeders had problems!

Kind a hollow!

Old 06-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #10
hayshaven
You're right Scott. I probably shouldn't have posted about the other 2 breeders without the ablility to give their names. The problem is that if I give their names, they could face the same type of criticism that I am now. I use the BOI often and appreciate that it's here. But in this situation I hope that everyone sees that I'm just standing up for myself and that I believe in my word enough to take the slander from Gary that I am now.
Jason Hays