I think I want a BIG snake... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #61
Mikkwa
Thought I might give my input in here as well. I own 3 retics & 3 burms. None are fully grown yet, I just got into keeping the really large kids about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. My burms are quite laid back with their attitude where as the retics are a bit more busier when I have them out. The retics take a few more mins. before they settle into being held, they tend to want to roam more than my burms.

I enjoy handling & interacting with my burms & retics more than I do my boas. And I've had my boas for much longer and I am a 5'2" old female. In other words, even an old lady can enjoy the big snakes! My husband who is 6'7" is the one who is afraid of snakes, but he's getting over it now.

I really can't say which I love better, a burm or a retic. I have my favorites out of the 6 & one is my sunfire retic. She is the one on my avatar, she's a super smart girl & will lay her head on my shoulder while I hold her. My favorite burm is my female granite with reduced pattern. She is a sweetheart and doesn't get in any big hurry about anything.

All of mine are hook trained & know when I touch their nose with a long wrapping paper roll that it is not feeding time. Each has its own personality of course and I have one male burm that is a real stinker in his enclosure, but once out he is a sweety. My super tiger male retic is the most flighty one, but he will settle down after a little handling. None have ever tried to bite me while I was handling them, but I have been bitten. It was purely my fault and avoidable, I was just careless while watering my sunfire & she thought I was bringing food.

I have never owned an afrock or an anaconda so I can't comment on them one way or the other. I just wanted to let you know a little about my experience with mine and how much I enjoy having them in my collection.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #62
Morelia4life
I keep thinking about retics more and more. I keep watching youtube videos of them. I think I actually might get one if I go to the Tinley Park in March. I want either an Albino lav or just albino. I am pretty excited.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #63
Micha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
I keep thinking about retics more and more. I keep watching youtube videos of them. I think I actually might get one if I go to the Tinley Park in March. I want either an Albino lav or just albino. I am pretty excited.
Are you looking at getting a dwarf or are you going full size ? :P

Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #64
Morelia4life
I will probably get full size. Probably won't be antime soon though. I don't think I will be going to Tinley anymore so I don't know when I will get a chance to get one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!