What do you do for a living?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: What do you do for a living??
Reptiles are my living 3 6.12%
I am in the medical field 5 10.20%
I am in law enforcement 0 0%
I am in sales (retail / door to door / real estate) 3 6.12%
I am a tradesman (electrician/mechanic etc.) 5 10.20%
I am farmer/rancher/etc. 0 0%
I work with numbers (book keeper/cpa,etc) 1 2.04%
I am independently wealthy 0 0%
my career isn't listed!!!!! 14 28.57%
I am a teacher/librarian/aide 1 2.04%
I am in a computer related field 6 12.24%
I am a artist/actor/musician/entertainer 3 6.12%
I am a professional ( lawyer/engineer/ manager) 5 10.20%
I am out of work right now 0 0%
I am to young to have a career yet !!!! 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
nicolai
What do you do for a living??

Besides being into herps, What is you job/career??

Old 05-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
ZenReptiles
I've answered this before, but it has changed a lot in the past few months. I was running my own business until it crashed and burnt to the ground. Which actually was a blessing in disguise. I had focused too much of my time and energy into it and had forgot about what was really important, my family and my health.

As of right now, I work as a smoking cessation counselor at a cancer institute in Buffalo. I counsel people to quit smoking and make sure they are able to get whatever they need to help them quit for good. It's pretty rewarding. And I'm also a college student and a mommy.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenReptiles
I've answered this before, but it has changed a lot in the past few months. I was running my own business until it crashed and burnt to the ground. Which actually was a blessing in disguise. I had focused too much of my time and energy into it and had forgot about what was really important, my family and my health.

As of right now, I work as a smoking cessation counselor at a cancer institute in Buffalo. I counsel people to quit smoking and make sure they are able to get whatever they need to help them quit for good. It's pretty rewarding. And I'm also a college student and a mommy.
then i guess you should vote "medical/heathcare" field. Isnt there a drug/pill you can give people that will cause thm to throw up if they smoke??

Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
ldydrgn
I work in a smoke and spirit shop (don't hurt me Kate, lol). I've only been there since November. Once my 90 days were up I was given a key and trained to close and open the store. Monday I was asked if I wanted a management position.... I don't know whether I feel like this: or this: or this: The store I am in right now is the biggest of all of them. From what I understand, the new one will be even bigger and I got offered the chance to run it. EEK! No thanks... I think I'll stay in the store where I am and our present manager can run the new store. As long as she teaches me all I need to know, I don't mind being part of the management team where I am now. Besides...I like the customers where I am, rofl.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
BoaMan Jon
I'm a full-time student right now, but I graduate in late June. I'm a male NURSE

Old 05-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
ldydrgn
Nothing wrong wth that, Jon. It's a commendable job!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
norsmis
Military until July 15th and then...... NO ONE WANTS TO HIRE ME!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
BoaMan Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldydrgn
Nothing wrong wth that, Jon. It's a commendable job!
No doubt! I'm d@mn proud of what I do and it wasn't easy to get (will have) my bachelor's degree.

Besides, who else gets to work with trauma patients and get paid pretty well for it besides doctors? EMTs and paramedics don't get paid as well as nurses, nor do they have the opportunities to move up in the field with the same capacity.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
nicolai
Just dont go sneaking into the pharmacy when no ones looking!!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #10
BoaMan Jon
lol, that stuff isn't for me. I like my drugs good and from the streets. j/k

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!