Your thoughts please! How can we improve... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #41
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
It's just not that simple here. Every change made will be appreciated by 10 percent of the membership, hated by a different 10 percent, and not make a bit of difference to the other 80%. So paying for custom programming changes of that nature are only going to be done when felt it is necessary and prudent.
Ok, thanks for replying anyway.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #42
scosta56
I'm not sure if suggestions are still being accepted , but I just wanted to throw mine out there. This is an idea I had when I saw the Good guy certification ribbons. Mr. Rich what if there was a bad guy ribbon ? Almost the exact same thing as the Good guy certification. You take a poll from the community on a known scammer or bad guy ( of course proof needs to be provided so innocent people do not get wrongly accused.) The community takes a poll and the scammer or bad guy get labeled accordingly. For people new to the site or people unfamiliar with the BOI. The same people that look for members with the fauna good guy certification now have a fauna bad guy certification. Maybe even have the ribbon in red ? So they could never be confused. I know the mods are not judge, jury, or executioners but this could definitely help everyone. The same way your good guy certification helps. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a nice day.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #43
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta56 View Post
I'm not sure if suggestions are still being accepted , but I just wanted to throw mine out there. This is an idea I had when I saw the Good guy certification ribbons. Mr. Rich what if there was a bad guy ribbon ? Almost the exact same thing as the Good guy certification. You take a poll from the community on a known scammer or bad guy ( of course proof needs to be provided so innocent people do not get wrongly accused.) The community takes a poll and the scammer or bad guy get labeled accordingly. For people new to the site or people unfamiliar with the BOI. The same people that look for members with the fauna good guy certification now have a fauna bad guy certification. Maybe even have the ribbon in red ? So they could never be confused. I know the mods are not judge, jury, or executioners but this could definitely help everyone. The same way your good guy certification helps. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a nice day.
Sorry, but that is not going to happen here. There would be some substantial legal liability assumed by my creating such a section, and especially by my creating any thread that specifically identified someone as being a "bad guy" based on nothing more than speculation and third party information from any poll that would be set up. So in such a case, yes, I would have to act as a judge and jury in order to analyze the results of such a poll, and then act accordingly as a judge to "pass sentence" on someone to label them as a bad guy.

As it stands now, the "good guy" section is available to any paid member to participate in to get a certificate. But in order to KEEP that certification, they have to do business in such a manner that members do not vote them into ineligibility because of their contrary experiences with them. It's not perfect, of course, but still appears to be the best of all available options for this sort of thing.

That being said, it's really not doing all that well here, and lack of participation has pretty much neutered the Good Guy Certification thingie anyway. Take a look at that section. See all the yellow highlighted entries? Those are all people who have apparently dropped out of the program by not renewing their paid membership on this site. So seriously, is there really much reason for me to put any effort into keeping or altering that program any longer? It's a failure as far as I can tell, so why bother?

Old 01-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #44
Pasodama
It would, also, probably be too difficult to get anyone, that is deemed a "bad guy", to place the "bad guy certification medallion/ribbon" on their website.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #45
scosta56
Lol you are right Deb ! I figured it would of been something that admin could administer on their end. Thanks Mr. Rich for taking the time out to respond back. I didn't even really think of the legal liabilty that could be involved with it. Was just thinking of ways to make people aware of bad dealings , so everyone could put away the black book.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:23 AM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basand View Post
Opinion:
World is going mobile. Everyone can see that. I do the majority of my business (reptile related and real job related) on my phone.

I am sending this from my phone. I love FC, but without Tapatalk I would visit it once a week instead of 5 times a day.

Yes, a computer is nicer. But I browse FC in my free time. My "in between" time. Bringing a laptop everywhere just isn't feasible.

If I am waiting for a homeowner, I am using my phone. Waiting on a buyer to show up? I am on my phone. Etc.

Having a mobile friendly app would be fantastic. It could even be made into a premium feature for contributors. I bet your contributions would go up.

Is it costly? It can be. But it would allow users far more access to the site. And just for the record, my phone shows better pics than my pc and even has more pixels.

As for the Facebook part of things - a social presence can make or break a company in today's market. I understand you are retired. But you have built something huge, why not try to keep it alive?

You have moderators to help you. Get a Facebook mod or two that can run a page for you. It pretty easy to do. Just basically have the page point to here.

Anothing thing on the topic of Facebook - sharing a thread to Facebook. Being able to post a classified here and then click and post it to my Facebook would be great. Or to see something and want to share it with other people on Facebook.

I am not sure how your backend is coded, but that should be a fairly simple and cheap mod.

You should look into it, Rich. I know this is your site. But we all love it and want to see it thrive. And coding nowadays is not NEARLY as expensive as it was ten or even five years ago. Most coding has become streamlined and anything Facebook related even more so.
I'm sure many of you have noticed by now that we actually have a page up on Facebook for FaunaClassifieds -> https://www.facebook.com/FaunaClassifieds

And there is even a button up next to the FC logo where you can click and "like" this site. Whatever that really means. My mom always told me to avoid strangers saying out of the blue that they "like" me. Can't seem to break that aversion, I'm afraid.

So I'll be perfectly honest, it was the recent prodding from Robert that got this all rolling, and he is actually taking lead on maintaining the page and doing the footwork he feels is necessary to help this site get a better presence on facebook. Actually saying he has the lead isn't really all that accurate, neither. I pretty much handed him the keys to the page and told him to have at it. I agreed to give this a shot just to see what, if anything, happens concerning traffic here by having some presence there. So I'm pretty much just watching what Robert is doing and letting him call the shots, since he is far, FAR more experienced with facebook than I ever intend to become. If there is something I need to be doing, he just tells me (like posting this here) and I try to work myself up into acting almost enthusiastic about this facebook stuff. I think this is what is known as damning with faint praise.

So if you get a chance, take a look at the page. Oh yeah, and Robert says I am supposed to try to solicit everyone to "like" the facebook page. Or is "liking" that page actually saying that someone is "liking" THIS site? But I feel kind of silly asking for "likes" so please excuse me if I sound kind of luke warm about this whole thing. Sorry, but it just feels like I'm a whiny little puppy exuding green nasal mucous with bright red streaks of blood whimpering for someone, ANYONE, to "like" this site. But I guess that's the dinosaur in my showing through, as evidently that is the way things are these days. I suppose there must be some prize awaiting whoever gets the most "likes" in the world. At least that is how it seems to me with all the "like" buttons all over the internet lately. A "like" must be facebook currency instead of dollars.

Again -> https://www.facebook.com/FaunaClassifieds <- or just click that "Like" button at the top of the screen to the right of the logo in the left hand corner. You don't need to actually look at the page, I guess, just say that you "LIKE" it!

So "like" away! Maybe there is a new Corvette in this for me from facebook if I can just get enough "likes" under my belt.....

Old 03-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #47
Pasodama
Yep, saw the FB Fauna site the other day.
Looking good so far.

I rarely use FB but it's great to have the FB Fauna site. Mostly because a lot of people do use FB, regularly, and it has potential to bring new people here.

I went in, and Liked the site, under a gaming account I had made some years ago (and is unused unless there is a need to log into FB to see something).

Will you share the Corvette with those of us who Like, or have Liked, the FB Fauna site?

Old 03-27-2015, 05:52 AM   #48
Big Borg Reptiles
I read this about a week ago and didn't really know what to contribute, but I think someone earlier mentioned a system similar to facebook where each new post is automatically updated into a "feed" in the corner of your browser. I think that makes people feel like posts are happening and encourages them to post themselves. Its not really necessary to combine all updates to one page, but having a running feed might show a higher amount of activity.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #49
Big Borg Reptiles
Its disappointing to me to see how many people.view things without posting. Maybe showing how much total activity was happening on a live basis would help this.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:45 AM   #50
ifounyou
Suggestions for improvement

I think it would be very helpful if there was a way to search the classifieds or separate the classifieds by state/location. If there is such a way I apologize but have not been able to find it. Think it would be very useful.

Sincerely,

Travis
Ifounyou
Ifounyou@aol.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!