Anyone dealt with Snakes at Sunset recently? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
Chris@SFC
Yeah Amir is Great he just recently traded my borneo for one of his Pastels. Hes a nice guy and listens to the little guys of the buisness. He can hold a confersation for days,lol.

As for snakes at sunset. Ive personally been there many times and everything seemed clean and in order. He was pretty cool when I talked to him. I dont personally know him and wouldnt say dont do buisness with him or do buisness with him, But all I can say is your odds 50/50 for getting what you wanted. I guess he doesnt have that much REPS so knowone can tell you anything bad or good on him. So be patient and wait till tuesday and tell us what happened and report any bad buisness promblems to BOI so we all can know what type of people to stay away from or do buisness with. Sorry you had to be the one to experience a guy that has no Rep.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
KelliH
I purchased a male Aru Green Tree Python from Snakes at Sunset a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. The entire transaction was smooth, and the snake is very nice.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
Jared Horenstein
Snakes @ Sunset is under new management........the store is Clean, and is run better than any other reptile shop I have visited in the past. . . . REGARDLESS of who runs it and the stupid mistakes they might have made as a child......we have all made mistakes in the past ( I know I have ) and I am sure he is sorry for whatever he did.

Their animals are very healthy, clean and I am sure you will have no issues with anything you purchase from them. They are not looking to steal your money and send you bad animals.....they are a reputable store...

As for the comment about Ball Python breeders not allowing anyone to come to their facility here in Miami. . . . I agree with this. I am a rather well known breeder of BP's. . . been doing it since the early-mid 90's and I will never allow anyone to come to my facility. Nothing against you.......you might be the nicest person on the planet, bvut the fact of the matter is that there have been 4 MAJOR burglaries and thefts of extremely valuable collections in South Florida over the last 4 years.....some were in breeders homes, others from their stores or warehouses......so there is a security issue here folks.....you have to respect this and if you cant thats your perogative......but when it comes to a collection thats worth tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars.....most breeders would rather not have visitors, especially if they do not know you.

So again......in regard to dealing with Snakes @ Sunset.....they are a great specialty store. . . . I buy my feeder insects from them and I am sure whatever you buy from them will arrive in great shape and will represented as what is was sold as.

Jared Horenstein
Royal Python Reptiles

Old 09-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Jim O
Given the choice, I would rather support law abiding people rather than scumbag smugglers who bring law enforcement scrutiny upon the rest of us law abiding citizens.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
Chris@SFC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Horenstein
Snakes @ Sunset is under new management........the store is Clean, and is run better than any other reptile shop I have visited in the past. . . . REGARDLESS of who runs it and the stupid mistakes they might have made as a child......we have all made mistakes in the past ( I know I have ) and I am sure he is sorry for whatever he did.

Their animals are very healthy, clean and I am sure you will have no issues with anything you purchase from them. They are not looking to steal your money and send you bad animals.....they are a reputable store...

As for the comment about Ball Python breeders not allowing anyone to come to their facility here in Miami. . . . I agree with this. I am a rather well known breeder of BP's. . . been doing it since the early-mid 90's and I will never allow anyone to come to my facility. Nothing against you.......you might be the nicest person on the planet, bvut the fact of the matter is that there have been 4 MAJOR burglaries and thefts of extremely valuable collections in South Florida over the last 4 years.....some were in breeders homes, others from their stores or warehouses......so there is a security issue here folks.....you have to respect this and if you cant thats your perogative......but when it comes to a collection thats worth tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars.....most breeders would rather not have visitors, especially if they do not know you.

So again......in regard to dealing with Snakes @ Sunset.....they are a great specialty store. . . . I buy my feeder insects from them and I am sure whatever you buy from them will arrive in great shape and will represented as what is was sold as.

Jared Horenstein
Royal Python Reptiles
Hey Jared I totaly agree with you. I never wanted to go personally to someones facililaty. I wanted to do buisness with a importer but it felt like they just ignored the little guy and only did buisness with freinds and those breeders with money. I made phone calls and got nothing but rude greetings and big turn downs. Its cool though Im still learning this Herp buisness and have to know what to go with and who to trust. Well Im done with the whole import Issue I would just keep breeding the balls we have here at home. Someone here at home put some smart sense in my head about the import situation.

This subject is over....................Sorry for killing the thread with another issue....Continue with the Snakes at sunset inquiry

Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #16
The BoidSmith
In all fairness...

The snake arrived this morning; exactly as described and very professionally packed.

Thanks.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Chris@SFC
I knew Mike from sunset wouldnt let you down. Congrats on the New snake!!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #18
kellieperson
Although i didn't buy a reptile from them...
I purchased a new hedgehog from Snakes at sunset on thursday.
only to find out she has an infection.

i didn't check their policies about sick.injured animals but this isnt fair.. to her or to me.

I think I'm going to look elsewhere for a Sulcata tortoise...
it might die on me the first night!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #19
The BoidSmith
Kellie,

What are exactly their policies? That doesn't seem fair.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #20
shurkahnzz
I am in Miami for extended amount of time and have been to Snakes at Sunset 4 times and each time But today it looked like crap and smelled even worse cages were filed with crap and it was also ignore the customer and hang with friends day. I was there with a friend and we were there to purchase a few snakes like his spider Ball and Pastel Ball plus a couple of Boa's and we stood there for 15-20 mins while he was busy shooting the crap with his friends and ignoring customers and 2 other customers walked out at the same time and told him his store was not worth ever going to again and he just went oh well then we found out all the animals he offers on KS are not even in the store you have to call first so he can run and go get them at that point we walked he lost over $850 today just from me and my buddy. I will never do business with them again.

Robert Schneider

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!