Inquiry: Rolland @ outbackreptiles.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #21
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizincain76
oh no another bashing group on fauna how surprising
I'm truly worried
Ooooch! That really hurts coming from an arrogant washed up sales rep.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #22
hhmoore
Not a bashing group....but most people were pretty positive in their comments. If you hadn't chimed in the way you did, nobody would be thinking you are an ass now.

And most of us don't need you to double post

Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #23
lanceheads
yep, working for a convict.
Good choice Rolland, and good luck.

Randal Berry

Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #24
Raizincain76
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Not a bashing group....but most people were pretty positive in their comments. If you hadn't chimed in the way you did, nobody would be thinking you are an ass now.

And most of us don't need you to double post

OK you are a group of people who have nothing better to do with their time.
Yes most of my comments are positive you are correct. I appreciate my customers input. That is because they have conducted business with me. They are the ones that people should listen to because they know how I conduct business. Not a bunch of people who haven't got a clue.
I didn't mean to double post (so sorry). Just so you know for future reference most people don't start sentences with the word "and".

Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #25
Geckophoria
Stop!

Anyone who gets drug through the mud on a public forum has a tendency to get a little hot under the collar, as Rolland has.

Over the last 6 weeks or so I have received 3 orders from Outback. Not only will Rolland spend as much time as is neccesary on the phone with you, he is one of the quickest to respond to an email. Night or day, weekend or not, he will at least acknowledge that he received the email and if he can answer the question right then he will.

As far as being a "washed up salesman", I disagree. For one, I have never looked at him as being a "salesman". He has NEVER tried to SELL me anything. He will make suggestions or point out something that may have been overlooked, but he isn't SELLING anything that I am not already interested in. Second of all, I call and email him at least half a dozen times a week. He still has the time to answer my questions or return my emails. If he was just interested in making a sale, he would have hustled me away.

So in closing, Rolland would not, in my opinion, EVER ignore an email. This should have never made it this far. There are other ways to try and reach someone other than an email. I agree not everyone has the time to make phone calls, but I would imagine that someone contemplating posting in the BOI, might try to call first.

Other that doing business with Outback I have no connection to Rolland. I live and operate in California and have never met him. Do I consider him a friend yes. He has never done me wrong and I will continue to do business with Outback. Rolland AND Ian are by far, two of the most customer service oriented people I have met in my 20+ years in the pet industry. Keep it up guys!!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #26
snakewrangler
Was Rolland the guy working the Outback table at the Havre De Grace show on Saturday? Anyone know?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #27
hhmoore
Dragged through the mud? There were 5 positive comments and two people that stated they didn't get responses to their emails. Everything was looking pretty good, IMO, until Rolland came in with sarcasm. I can't speak for anybody else, but the first impression I got from that post was not favorable.
He could be the greatest guy in the world, but I'm not inclined to find out, now.
I don't have any delusions that Rolland gives a rat's ass what I think, or whether I buy from him...but had he used a slightly different approach, the results could have been much more positive.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
greatlakesreptiles
you suck

whata douche bag

Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #29
ForkedTung
Quote:
Its a much easier and reliable form of communication
Quote:
phone calls take priority
Phone calls are also one of the worst forms or documentation when things, as they sometimes do, go wrong. They also have a greater potential for misunderstandings than good ole' black and white.

You know what I love about the BOI? I'm learning a great deal about exactly what A.NOT to do... and B. how NOT to treat poetential customers.

Thanks be to all the scammers and poor businesspeople out there for the lessons learned.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #30
ForkedTung
poetential =potential

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!