What happened to BOI???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
rosebud945
What happened to BOI????

I know that I'm not on as much lately. I am grading crappy student papers until I want to vomit, but where is the BOI forum??? Did I miss something?? Can someone point me to some reading or a thread, or is it technical difficulties?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
it was there 10 minutes ago....

Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
rosebud945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
it was there 10 minutes ago....
They are ALL gone!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
rosebud945
Where did you get that link, because if you look at the index, none of the BOI forums are visible any more. However, under Fauna links, I found this
http://www.boardofinquiry.com/forums/

Do we have to go to this other board now?? If so. WHA! I liked the one stop shopping! LOL!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
SPJ
Not where it used to be.
Just shows the good guy certs where the BOI used to be.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
The BOI is still under "New Posts" Im not sure exactly whats going on.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...3&postcount=58

Well, rich will tell us one way or another.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Shadera
I'm hoping it's Rich flipping the lights on and off to show folks what is rapidly going to happen when he can no longer take the financial burden of the site and it continues to not pay for itself through paid memberships and ad space.

Maybe folks will wake up and realize how important it is and how much it's going to SUCK if it goes and kick in if they're able.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...3&postcount=58

Well, rich will tell us one way or another.
I don't think non-contributing members can view that post being it is in the Club Room. So........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry folks, but I've already tried the "withholding services unless payment is made" route and it just didn't fly. It nearly killed the BOI when I tried it, and then nearly killed this site when I tried it with the classifieds. So I have been slapped around pretty hard telling me that people DEMAND that the services on this site must be free, OR ELSE. Of course, I doubt most realize what "OR ELSE" is actually going to mean. I guess I'm just curious about what will actually happen to this site when the BOI does go away. Yeah, I'm certain someone else will try to pick up the BOI concept as a way to funnel traffic to their own site, and it will be fun and games until the realization of the legal jeopardy finally dawns on them when threatened lawsuits force them to think hard about that possibility. Actually, truth be known, had a lawsuit actually taken place early on here with the BOI, I'm certain I would have shut it down rather than have to face that expense again. I wasn't making enough with SerpenCo to have been able to afford it back then. So unless someone has some well heeled financial backing from the start, a lawsuit early on will positively kill the entire idea of a BOI in this business.

Honestly, if I do decide that I have to shut down the BOI, I have to think about how to do it in such a way so as to not piss off those people who have been paying to help keep it open. Quite likely what I will do is to announce the end of the BOI but keep it open to CURRENT paid members only for 1 year from that date so they feel they at least got that service for that year's paid membership.

The way things are looking, this will probably take place on January 1, 2010. The hoped for sale of SerpenCo has not taken place, so funds are going to be a bit tighter than I had hoped for in retirement. Sorry, but I just can't take the chance that a lawsuit because of the BOI will put Connie and myself in financial straits. It is far beyond the time when this site should have been supporting itself, much less helping me make ends meet while in retirement.

So, that's about the size of it...........