Two-Headed Albino Honduran Milk Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
SunshineSerpents
Two-Headed Albino Honduran Milk Snake

A couple of days ago, I noticed my clutch of albino Honduran milk snakes (L. t. hondurensis) was pipping. I brought the eggs in the house and put them on the dinner table so I could keep a closer eye on them. However, I have stayed so busy over the last couple of days that I must admit I hadn't paid too much attention to them. I finally decided to dig through the clutch to see how they were doing and was startled by an amazing sight.

A freshly hatched two-headed albino honduran milk snake!

Though the snake (s?) seem perfectly healthy, they can't always decide which way to go.

Lisa admired the newest "members" of our family.

Another look at our bicephalic (two-headed) albino Honduran milk snake. Twins were also produced out of one of the eggs of this clutch.

I talked to the previous owner of the female albino honduran milk snake that produced the two-headed baby. It turns out that she produced a two-headed baby and siamese twins, both of which died in the egg before hatching. After counting the eggs, I realized I got eight snakes out of seven eggs. In addition to the two-headed baby, I also got twins in one of the eggs. That is nine heads out of seven eggs. I am starting to suspect that this is genetic.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
rcarichter
Beautiful baby(s). Very interesting genetics. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches eggs on the kitchen table!

Noelle

Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
bkline
Wow that's awesome

Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Jonathan P
That's awesome. Congrats!!!

I was lucky enough to be able to hold an adult 2-headed pine snake years ago.

Best of luck raising it. Post updates as it grows.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
WebSlave
Excellent!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
very cool, it looks nice and strong, hope it thrives for you! I'd be interested to know how it feeds (if one head is 'dolice' and let's the other do the work). Thank you for sharing!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
beanie
Thats crazy, looks very healthy.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
GHC Exotics
VERY NICE! Good luck

Old 11-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #9
the gecko geek
Does that mean you have to feed both mouths??

That's one nifty lookin snake, and even better odds on the clutch!
Is it male or female? Or still undetermined?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!