is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #201
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
I love the way you fabricate! You didn't just use a swear word ... you insulted a member by calling them a name that was a swear word (unprovoked mind you), similar to the way children act. You deserved the ban.
post a link to the page so everyone can read what i said. and see how awful it was.

nick whats your stance on bmp's exactly. since i already know how against you are having say moderators police classifieds.

so which do you prefer. the industry policing itself via rules and regulations on private forums and classifieds or being polices by state government.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #202
rodneynboalich
hers what i said that got me ban

Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
i realize that banning people for selling animals is hard. my point is that it shouldnt be over looked. and you sound worse than snotty to put the blame on the customer for getting scammed. in fact you sound like an xxx hole. the customer shouldnt have to (especially to the point that is unfortunatly needed in our industry) investigate sellers before they make a purchase which has been brought about by you kinda mindset that is already entirely too prevalent within the hobby as is. through out societies across the world there is a accepted general practice for business which is a fair and just way business is supposed to be conducted and the scammers do not follow the rules. as for the scammers bringing money to he industry with the money they paid for their tables and memberships on classifieds it dose not negate nor overshadow the harmful impact they do to the industry with their practices. im sorry but a glib little quote proves nothing including your point. its the mods job to rule on such issues and i think they should and hold the people on their site to a higher level of scrutiny instead of wasnt their time giving me infractions for swearing.

your whole way of thinking is void of some simple cause and effect that the mods could easily hand down for immoral business dealing instead of waiting on karma to rear its mystic judicial head and righting all wrongs. its a fairytale way of thinking and thinking that people that are new to the hobby will know enough to go on the boi and sift through that mountain of XXXX and extract the few diamonds of truth therein is even less likely.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #203
rodneynboalich
heres a link to that thread the whole threads about how i feel we need to police ourselves and everyone on there is disagreeing with me and some fo the people on there are on here saying we need usark to hand out model legislation to state governments to enforce. its retarded

Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #204
rodneynboalich
Quote:
heres a link to that thread the whole threads about how i feel we need to police ourselves and everyone on there is disagreeing with me and some fo the people on there are on here saying we need usark to hand out model legislation to state governments to enforce. its retarded
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=283253

Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #205
Focal
Quote:
More fabrication. Your stance in that thread wasn't that we should police ourselves, but that the moderators and admin should police all the classifieds and scammers for us. You qouted yourself above stating this

Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #206
rodneynboalich
Quote:
More fabrication. Your stance in that thread wasn't that we should police ourselves, but that the moderators and admin should police all the classifieds and scammers for us. You qouted yourself above stating this
by ourselves i didnt mean individuals. meant us as a whole ( as the dude would say the royal we) and yes i stand by that way of thinking as i stated in that thread. if people wish to create a medium for which other may engage in buying selling and so on i think it is a responsibility of their to make sure there is as little dishonest and illegal activities going on as possible. and yes that is an example us ( the industry as a whole) policing ourselves. it would be a set of standards that people must meet and saidstandards are created and enforced by us not an outside force.

i was going to tell you that you are retarded for not understanding what i was saying but i think you did. your just being argumentative for the sake of trying to win the argument and that is not what we need at this time.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #207
Focal
There are other, and probably more appropriate words to use than "retarded" Rodney. Pick up a thesaurus.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #208
rodneynboalich
Quote:
There are other, and probably more appropriate words to use than "retarded" Rodney. Pick up a thesaurus.
thanks ill keep that in mind for the next time. now did you want to talk about the issues that this thread is about.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #209
Lucille
Rodney this thread is like an endless loop, people tell you what they think of some of your issues such as this one:

Quote:
the customer shouldnt have to (especially to the point that is unfortunatly needed in our industry) investigate sellers before they make a purchase .
And then sure enough a few pages later you are again asking people to address the issues.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #210
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking Up Serpents View Post
Previous post- Page 13 Post#130

With hots they need locking/latching enclosures, species names and venomous reptile on containers/enclosures and a bite protocol with species name and anti-venom in case EMS finds you face down on your reptile room floor. You can print out these from some hot keeping websites.
Crocs and big constrictors should have locking/latching enclosures and the name of species on containers or enclosures. This makes sense, I don't want to see burm in tanks with bricks or books holding down the top. Never a good thing.
Escape notifications on everything should you have something make it out of the house. Also, even if you are bitten by your venomous, as long as it is found you complied with caging standards and bite protocols, you'll get it back should you recover.

I'm done repeating myself here. There is enough information on all 20 pages of this thread to help anyone decide which way to lean. You want to keep hots, big 5 and whatnot with bricks or books to prevent escapes then go ahead. You don't think a bite protocol is necessary, whatever.
This horse gets beat any more and you'll have to do a DNA test to know it was equine.
There is one thing I do not agree with. That is keeping AV at your location. Most of the time we as hot keepers know more then the doctor helping us about bites. WHY? Because it is not something they see everyday.

Now lets say I have 5 different species all needing different AV..... I am bit face down.... The EMTs would not know what to use anyways... and it is not as easy as just giving you a shot of it.

That is why I say you donate heavy to a locale zoo and ask if you donate you can use their AV if you are bit. NOW many times you will be turned away. Sometimes with donations they will help you.

But also think of this. You are bit and go in with 30 things of AV and tell a DR put this in me.... He is not going to do it. To many people sue for everything.

Everything on that list is great. I do not agree with everyone keeping their own AV. AV also has a shelf life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!