is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #221
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Sorry, you are simply not going to control this thread after being insulting and demeaning to our site membership and mods.

Especially since you have been asked questions and failed to respond. I do not know what you goal is, but I know that it is not to build agreement.
i started the thread and im not trying to control it. im trying to keep it on topic.

and what question havnt i answered. im the only one on my side and im trying to talk to everyone else so its kinda hard to keep track of everything that gets said. so feel free to re ask any questions i missed.

as for my goal im trying to talk about usark writing legislation for other peoples states and the issues that could arise if they are enacted. if you dont want to talk about that you mite want to go to another thread.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #222
hhmoore
Rodney,
Being invited to take a discussion to PM is not an opening to send abusive, profanity laden messages to any member of this site...but when the recipient is a moderator, just a hint of common sense should tell you that it's a bad idea.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #223
Gary O
Well I guess some people need to use cruel ways to try to get a point across. Sad really

But anyways everyone. Keep doing what you are doing to help. USARK is not evil they are human just like we are they will not do everything perfect but atleast they are standing up to fight. Stand with them and give your thoughts. Do not just sit and complain. We all have a voice... If we all get on the same page that voice will be heard.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #224
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post

as for my goal im trying to talk about usark writing legislation for other peoples states and the issues that could arise if they are enacted.
when you return, I suggest you re-read this thread. Here is an excellent answer from page 1, and there are many people who have weighed in on this issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldydrgn View Post
I am going to copy what I had posted on the FaceBook thread:

Rodney... The "proposed legislation" is something they have put together to use in those cases where HSUS has talked the state into an outright ban... like Ohio is doing right now. You have to ask yourself: Do I want an outright ban or do I prefer they put some legislation in place to ensure we can still keep what we want even if it means I have to register and tag my animals?

Odds are the state isn't going to just drop the whole deal with HSUS breathing down their necks. If they can talk them into dropping the issue without the "proposed legislation", then great, that is what they will do. But if they can't, this is the compromise. If it comes between a ban and a compromise, I'll take the compromise. USARK is doing what they can to help us.

It seems he believes that USARK is trying to get their proposal enacted in ALL states. This isn't what they are doing. He also seems to think that all reptile keepers within each state should be consulted as to what they want. To which I replied:

And that isn't a realistic view. Do you know how long it would take to consult everyone? Not to mention that all opinions are going to differ. It would take forever! There needs to be some kind of outline in place that they can use when these emergencies arise. It's certainly better than doing nothing at all and letting the law just trample over us.

Why don't you contact all the reptile keepers in your state and consult with every one of them? Get your own consensus.

None of us want laws restricting what we can keep. But if it comes down to it, what USARK proposes is better than a ban. It is the lesser of two evils as April said.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #225
Taking Up Serpents
Gary O- In a following post to post #130 I corrected myself. You do not need to have anti-venom on site, but should have it posted on your bite protocol that x-snake bite requires x-type of anti-venom. Again no anti-venom storage is required, just a paper with bite protocol, species kept and anti-venom for said species.

Now rodney. Rodney rodney rodney. Why after going through all 20 some odd pages do you keep chasing your tail? Honestly man if you can't figure out BMPs and what good they do then you should just drop keeping reptiles all together. Especially after this many people have tried to explain it. Evidently you can read, it's just your comprehension skills are severely lacking.
Thread starts about USARK is supposedly writing laws for all these states and that was false.
Then it's USARK claims to represent everyone in reptiles. Again false
Then it's chipping and permits for everyone; again false.
After more false accusations by Mr Rodney here it's "let's see what gets said on the UJR radio tonight." Which obviously went well as Rodney here is not complaining about the interview with Andrew.
And let's not forget his newest conspiracy theory; "USARK is ZOO MED'S lobbyist". Again, false Zoo Med matches donations dollar for dollar. And the ARK was around before ZM made that pledge.
If after this thread and the interview you still do not get it with BMPs and what ARK really stands for. The original intent of this thread wa not to engage discussion or get answers.
You are not here to discuss. You are here because you got your panties in a wad and are feeling hurt over a FB post where you didn't get the answer you wanted. Instead you received the correct answers in a professional manner. And you will continue to be a miserable in your post thumping your chest with something, anything to prove because no one is riding your little wagon with you.
For one minute I thought you were a genuinely concerned keeper but after everything has been laid out on the table and 15 minutes of internet research could find the answers to your questions you still want to pick every little thing apart and whine no one answered it.
If you think your HSUS smear campaign is going to kick off without a hitch guess again. Because your USARK smear campaign has failed miserably.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #226
HerpVenue
The answers that you are searching for are in this thread. When you come back perhaps you might want to read them.

The problem, Rodney, is that you are so mad that you do not realize your questions have been answered repeatedly. And all the information you need are on the USARK site as well as answered in this thread

Is USARK over stepping their bounds? NO. They are doing EXACTLY what they have been designed to do.
Is USARK over stepping their bounds? NO. They are doing EXACTLY what they have been saying they will do.
Is USARK over stepping their bounds? NO. Their psotion is EXACTLY what it says on their position statements.
Is USARK over stepping their bounds? NO. They will only suggest BMPs when an outright ban is imminent.
Quote:
i use to stay away from forums and so on and i need to go back to staying away. the losers that frequent them are just that losers that want to fight and argue. you people are a fu*** joke
define the word hypocrisy

Quote:
i like how you said you decided to skip just about the whole thread and then you go on to give your opinion of me and thread. brilliant
I have this incredible gift of figuring people out.
Looks like you got banned mutiple times in a manner of days for a reason. Looks like my opinions of you were 100% correct. Looks like I still got it.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #227
HerpVenue
Oh come on Rodney.
This is not off topic.
The only reason you don't want to post in this thread is because you had no control over it.
So instead you start a new one.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #228
Warren_Booth
Quote:
Dr Warren Booth is one of andrews friends from NC.

that really dosnt sound like much of a board to me considering they are meeting at the daytona hilton. which im guessing they were all there for the daytona show not a an official board meeting.
I would like to step in briefly. I am not going to partake in this argument/discussion. I would simply like to clarify two things:

1) I am not Andrews friend from North Carolina. I meet Andrew as a result USARK and from being asked to be on the board of directors. I had seen him at one or two reptile shows but certainly not engaged in any meaningful conversations, and would certainly not have called him a friend. My only connection to Andrew is through USARK as a board member.

2) USARK has its annual board meeting at Daytona. The meeting consists of an open door/open public meeting for the first hour where people, not only members, get to learn more about the workings of USARK, get to meet the board members who can attend, and get to ask questions directly to the board. The second, closed door section, is open only to board members and represents a standard board meeting, however instead of it being a conference call, it is a face to face meeting. My attendance at Daytona is for the board meeting.

Rodney, I do not know you and doubt I have ever meet you. How you would know anything about my personal friendships with anyone is beyond me. Furthermore, have you ever attended the annual board meeting at Daytona. If figure not, given you lack of understanding about it.

Regards,

Warren

Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #229
Warren_Booth
Excuse any typos in the above message. I am responding from my iPhone.

Warren

Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #230
Keith Northrop
So it looks like you(Rodney) could see the Future...........You just couldn't see what Hotels they were staying at?? Bahamas?? Acapolco?? Haha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!