Ball Python Auctions!!!!!! Please be careful... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
In my first post, I specifically said I wasn't talking about penny auctions, and since the OP never specified that he was talking about penny auctions, I interpreted his posts to be referring to all auctions in general and not penny auctions specifically.
Oops. Sorry Shelly, I missed that post.

The scumbags at ball bids are penny auction scammers. No other definition fits so well.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
Tropoddity
Quote:
I think it's great to warn people that auctions carry different pitfalls than private sales, but you really come across as saying that no one should buy or sell at auction (unless it's for a good cause). I personally like buying at auction, and am aware of the potential pitfalls. I don't think auctions are making the industry look bad, and I don't think they need to be shut down.
We are coming to a some what of a understanding then. See, the person putting up there animal for a auction is a gambling, to hope fully get top dollar or more for their animal. Right? Now as we all know people can get bitter when comes to losing. I am a little frustrated, because I see people fighting on facebook sites, and really screwing them selves up. why? They make a stupid mistake and bid on a animal from someone they do not know. Can you understand that? Is this a better explanation. I am saying make sure you know who is doing the auctions. Bottom line.

I also think if they have hidden bidders when they see their price is not getting to where they want it, and have their friends bid on it so they do not lose. Is shady. This is all I am trying to say. We can go in circles, but bottom line it is shady. This is my opinion.

If you do your research and know who is doing and trust that person in the auction, fine that is up to you. I am not stopping anyone from doing it, just making sure people understand that most auctions from unknown people is dangerous. their are scam artists out their.

If we are talking about ball bids, I have seen there introduction advertisement on the front page of their site coming into this industry and they had snakes selling at the auction for less than 50% of what it actually sold on the market for. So, you ask how would that kill the market? It basically just turned the value of that animal to shit. Less than 50% come on!!! It might have been a false add, to sucker people in to pay a fee and start bidding also. Smells shady to me.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
lonewolfrider
This thread if filled with lies and intentional misinformation from a few specific people with an illicit agenda because they do not like Ballbids.com. To be fair to any reader, I have provided this link that had direct factual information relating to the lies, intentional misinformation and innuendo spewed on the internet without any justification whatsoever. In fact, these lies and liars have been exposed with irrefutable evidence because it is in their own words. http://mkidesigns.info/sayno.php

Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #24
bloodybaroness
Way to bump a 7 month old thread that was buried and forgotten...

You are just advertising for the site. Good luck there champ.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
AbsoluteApril
Mark, et al, keep discussion specifically about the ball bids website in the relevant BOI thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=290982

thanks all

Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
salottimc
I must admit, I stopped reading about half way through the second page. I couldn't consider this a scam. If you want to bid on something, you pick an amount you are willing to pay. If it goes higher, you do not win it. It is the sellers who are gambling. They might have gotten more money for it had they not tried to drive up the price and scare everyone away. I bid on auctions all the time. If you do not have the self control to set a limit on an item, you shouldn't be bidding to begin with.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfrider View Post
This thread if filled with lies and intentional misinformation from a few specific people with an illicit agenda because they do not like Ballbids.com. To be fair to any reader, I have provided this link that had direct factual information relating to the lies, intentional misinformation and innuendo spewed on the internet without any justification whatsoever. In fact, these lies and liars have been exposed with irrefutable evidence because it is in their own words. http://mkidesigns.info/sayno.php
mr byers is 100% correct. He, his son and everyone affiliated with him have filled this thread with lies and intentional misinformation because they have the illicit intention of ripping off people who do not know what a bunch of lying thieves with almost no reptile knowledge they are.

Well done mr. byers, owning your errors is the first step to correcting them.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #28
hhmoore
Warning: This is a GENERIC discussion - not the place for hashing out spillover from BallBids' BOI thread. Continued efforts to make it otherwise will result in the removal of participants.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!