Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
bloodbankdragon
Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies

I have never seen a blue eyed dragon. I don’t believe they exist.

I have seen dragons with white eyes. I have seen dragons with photoshopped eyes.

Recently I have seen dragons with eyes that look diseased.

After year and years of no blue eye mutation reproducing I feel even stronger that there is no such mutation. We don’t have brown, green, blue, ect.

Dragons have white irises with varying degrees of vascular activity. (White to red irises)

This photo may help to understand what is going on.

Normal chicken eye on left. Eye lesions and irregular pupil caused by Marek's disease on right.

After discussing this photo with several breeders disease is the universal conclusion.

Steven Barnes
www.bloodbankdragons.com

Old 12-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Brandon Roesler
Marek's disease is the universal conclusion??? Where is the link to dragons? For that matter, where is the jump to any other species other than birds??

Old 12-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Sushi Dragons
This is the wrong forum.

However, I would love to see something in writing regarding studies, documentation, etc. Calling it a "universal conclusion" with absolutely nothing other than a single photo is quite the leap...

Old 12-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
Brandon Roesler
I would consider this to be nothing more than an absence of integrity and character, nothing more.. Because he has never seen it, it doesnt exist?? Because someone else possesses something you dont, you are now trying to steal their potential thunder by BLASTING ALL OVER THE NET on here, kingsnake, bd.org and all over Facespace on several peoples pages that this is fake, they are lying or what they have is nothing more than a diseased ridden animal?? I have never ACTUALLY seen air.. does that mean it doesn't exist? I have never seen God.. does that mean He doesn't exist? What about UFO's??? I could go on and on... Blue eyes do exist, they aren't even new news. That pic of the Rankin was like 6 years old... To me Steven, and I know for a FACT that I do not stand alone, your actions regarding this topic is the perfect example of how an hole would try to stay on top.. out front and on top... People ask you if you have any blue eyes for sale, you say No, sure don't, so they buy from the next guy and you get all in your feelings and decide to bombard the net with this half-cocked theory... Thanks for showing me your true character. Let's see if now that I have posted this all of a sudden everyone is told all my stock has Mad-Cow disease or some other random non-related virus.....

Old 12-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
FosterHerpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Roesler View Post
I would consider this to be nothing more than an absence of integrity and character, nothing more.. Because he has never seen it, it doesnt exist?? Because someone else possesses something you dont, you are now trying to steal their potential thunder by BLASTING ALL OVER THE NET on here, kingsnake, bd.org and all over Facespace on several peoples pages that this is fake, they are lying or what they have is nothing more than a diseased ridden animal?? I have never ACTUALLY seen air.. does that mean it doesn't exist? I have never seen God.. does that mean He doesn't exist? What about UFO's??? I could go on and on... Blue eyes do exist, they aren't even new news. That pic of the Rankin was like 6 years old... To me Steven, and I know for a FACT that I do not stand alone, your actions regarding this topic is the perfect example of how an hole would try to stay on top.. out front and on top... People ask you if you have any blue eyes for sale, you say No, sure don't, so they buy from the next guy and you get all in your feelings and decide to bombard the net with this half-cocked theory... Thanks for showing me your true character. Let's see if now that I have posted this all of a sudden everyone is told all my stock has Mad-Cow disease or some other random non-related virus.....
If you knew Steve, you'd know he would never do anything like that.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Roesler View Post
Can you honestly say that YOU (yourself) is acting any different than you claim Steven to be, by blasting, making up half cocked-theories, etc? You breed dragons? I bet you do. I also bet you don't know him at all. Right?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Dragons View Post
This is the wrong forum.

However, I would love to see something in writing regarding studies, documentation, etc. Calling it a "universal conclusion" with absolutely nothing other than a single photo is quite the leap...
Okay, who wants to donate their blue eyed dragon pets/breeders towards research? This is the only way to carry on with the studies needed to actually prove the theory. I will say that disease sounds like a great theory, but there is no research to back this, so until we (only the ones who care) work together and figure it out, all we have are ideas…

Disease does not bother me too much because it apparently will not pass from parent to offspring. I am very interested in this specific topic because the blue eyed trait does not pass from parent to offspring either. Is no one suspicious that there are no blue eyed offspring coming from breeders who claim they work with blue eyed genetics? Do the breeders who make this claim even know what they are in possession of, and do any of us for that matter?

I always assumed it was a polygenic trait that’s mystery would continue to go unanswered. If disease is proven it’s a big deal and a chapter closed. I see from reading around that often people have two dragons with blue eyes, breeders have several, etc, and what I wonder is, where did they come from, why do they have more than one, and why can’t they show evidence of it reproducing? Stevens theory simply answers my questions, but I am still interested in hearing other answers. Seeing the picture of that eye next to a dragons blue eye, looks indeed like the same thing, but it is not evidence, and there is only one way to find out for many of us. To find out people will need to have an experienced person (I am not sure how experienced this person will need to be) examine the carcass of a blue-eyed bearded dragon.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
Brandon Roesler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Dragons View Post
Can you honestly say that YOU (yourself) is acting any different than you claim Steven to be, by blasting, making up half cocked-theories...
Is this your attempt in trying to justify what he has said and done?? Do you realize what this type of "deflective" behavior resembles?? Look Clay, I'm not involving myself in a pissing contest with you or anyone else for that matter, Especially not in the For-sale forum of a classifieds website. At the very least, I agree with Rachel. More time and research should've been taken to prove beyond some kind of a reasonable doubt before ridiculous accusations were made that may affect someone else's livelihood. Bad Form on his part. No way ANYONE could argue that.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
Brandon Roesler
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterHerpetological View Post
If you knew Steve, you'd know he would never do anything like that.
Mr. Foster, I sincerely hope that I am wrong and you are right. I would like to think someone of his stature and importance in this Community didn't do this just to be ugly and vindictive. Unfortunately, at this time, that is how this "attack" is being perceived... And perception is reality. That is one thing that apparently escapes most people, its not about your intention, its how it is PERCEIVED by the public as a group and as individuals. And Perception. Is. Reality.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
DNA Dragons
The notification on his part is done for the bettering of the bearded dragon. If your dragon could have a disease would you rather be ignorant to it, advertise it, and sell it, or would you like to be a responsible keeper and know? This is why arguing and making accusations is dumb, if you want to help, help figure it out. Steven does not have the animals to get tested, but someone does. So far, this is the BEST theory related to blue eyed dragons, and many of us people whose livelihoods are affected by what we produce, care about exactly that, what we produce, and that is the bearded dragon. I did not mean to deflect; I was stating an opinion and wishing you would see that in your defense you did everything you claim Steven has, almost to the letter. I have yet to feel Steven has done anything but benefit the people who actually do this for living. I am still curious to see offspring from a blue eyed dragon, in which case, the people who claim to produce them are not affected in any way, because they aer still not doing what they say they can. I may be wrong, I don’t talk to everyone, I just want the answers, and the right ones. I am not discrediting ANYTHING until people know definitively. What I know is that no one reproduces blue eyed dragons, some claim to, but no one does… If it random, a disease, or whatever, all we have got are hypothetical conclusions. If you disagree with one, that is totally fine with me, I would respect that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!