Holy Crap - Someone Died - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #81
BenSiegelReptiles
and since Mr tresser seems to keep referencing our correspondence here it is---start from the bottom---other then the in person talk at repticon which was witnessed by a group of people(even when I pulled jerry aside as a friend) luckily a friend heard. LET ME BE ABUNDANTLY CLEAR---no settlement will be accepted From Jerry Tresser unless it is through my attorney. Jerry had ample opportunity to take care of his debt in an ample time. He chose not to. I will let my attorney and my managers attorney and Snakes at sunsets attorney handled it. Here are the completely unaltered emails--_REMEMBER_-bottom to top-- and it was only Jerry that had the audacity to bring up a tragice incident in my life, my managers life and eddies and his families life to use against me while trying to collect a debt. I have never seen a man like this before. Never in my life.

here are all the emails--I know this might not be the ideal time to post this with all the heat we are taking, but the girls post below and jerrys response about the incident were quite upsetting. Please read from oldest to newest---

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 9, 2012, 7:13:03 PM EDT
To: "albinoturtles@comcast.net" <albinoturtles@comcast.net>
Subject: Fwd: JERRY TRESSER AND OUR MISSING MONKEY TAIL SKINK

Sent from my iPhone 11 year 2021

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 9, 2012, 7:00:05 PM EDT
To: "fruitflies1@bellsouth.net" <fruitflies1@bellsouth.net>
Cc: chris.getzinger@gmail.com
Subject: Re: JERRY TRESSER AND OUR MISSING MONKEY TAIL SKINK

So you have no proof that the animal you supposedly had died died? And being the boi jockey you are you think it would be ok to dispose of the body with absolutely no verification especially since you didnt pay for your animal? come now jerry. You have been in and around the reptile business for many years. You know that is no how it works. That is like me to walmart and saying. Oh. I want my money back on the $1000 tv i broker but i threw it out. That is ridiculous and you know it. I don't care if i lose money suing you. Its nothing about money at all. My guess is you are broke hence your not paying me, but are too proud or whatever to admit. I came to you from a nice place at repticon, pulled you aside and asked if it was a financial issue From a friend and You assured me no, so I will take your word for it and go forward to recoup my losses and my attorney fees via a lawsuit. And his meter has already started and he is a good lawyer. Feel free to contact him or give his info to your attorney. I have copied him on all correspondence. Sorry for any mispellings I am on my iPhone writing this.

Sincerely,
Ben Siegel

Ps you should pay mike b too. He is a good kid and you crooked him.

Sent from my iPhone 11 year 2021

On Oct 9, 2012, at 6:45 PM, "fruitflies1@bellsouth.net" <fruitflies1@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Ben, I generally do not respond to these email's, but in this case with all the poor and ridiculous advertising you have been receiving, I think you would be better off in using your monies more wisely for a potential lawsuit from the decedents family. I hope you have coverage or some limited liability because these lawsuits are rather expensive especially since it involves death. You know people like to sue which brings me to your allegations..

I thought I was rather specific with my replies to you. Either I get a satisfactory replacement of the skink or a substantial reduction to resolve this matter. As indicated your employee Billy was notified within the time frame that the animal in question was not eating, became totally lethargic and did not move the first week.. By the second week he had already succumbed. Billy was notified a second time. Of course your only concern was that this was well beyond the Ben Siegel guarantee. Billy is a very nice person, but has no memory capability to remember anything. Nor make any records of my calling and conversations. I asked to receive a call from you to discuss the matter, and when I did hear from you , you indicated my phone was disconnected which is not the case as my 800 # has always been active...

I attempted to provide some explanation and even offered to resolve the problem with a reduced settlement, not to admit to anything but I do understand a loss. Which I also incurred.... Now your asking for the body of the skink.. I had it, but not any more ! If you feel that its worth paying an attorney to litigate the matter, I will make sure the price you pay will exceed what could have been worked out had been honorable about resolving this issue instead of hiding behind your limited guarantee...

It does not matter if the animal died on the 7th day or the 12 day. There was something very wrong.. I tried to keep the poor skink alive. Otherwise you would have gotten it back sooner. I doubt you would have even honored your own terms bringing it back half dead..... There was no trickery here, it was a sick animal and it died. I would have preferred it alive especially since the price was expensive as you know.... You also know from prior experience that I ALWAYS paid my bill. Never defaulted once on your gesture of good faith to me.. This would have been no exception. But to tell me that the guarantee period expired on a $ `1,000 skink by a week is not acceptable.. Do whatever you want and have any future correspondence come from your attorney.

Finally, Its not appreciated about these fabrication MODUS OPERANDI. I have had one problem with a bad shipment. Far different from my situation with you. I don't make it a policy of using other peoples stories to justify some child's nonsense that you feel is necessary to bring to my attention.. That's not going to work any more than seeing something negative about you on the BOI or myself for that matter.... You have a hell of a nerve bringing anything up that does NOT relate to the issue on hand.. If you do find more than a few people over my 50 years in this business, it happens from time to time. That includes you as well.... That's the business we chose, like it or not, it has its risks and liabilities which in many cases can be settled, but in your case , you find it easier to bring up things that have nothing to do with skinks. !

JERRY TRESSER
www.jtresser.com/flypaper.html
www.jtresser.com/flies.html
1 800 545 2303
-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/09/12 17:32:01
To: fruitflies1@bellsouth.net
Subject: JERRY TRESSER AND OUR MISSING MONKEY TAIL SKINK

Jerry--
Just letting you know we are filing a lawsuit against you-my attorneys name is Christopher Getzinger-his email is chris.getzinger@gmail.com --you should know as well, that at this point, you have not even shown us the dead skink--and it has been closing in on two months already? Is that correct? I have also been informed that this seems to be your modus operandi and have done this to several other dealers. Funny--they are also interested in filing a suit!---boi good guy huh!-curtain is up!
Ben Siegel

To: "fruitflies1@bellsouth.net" <fruitflies1@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: BEN SIEGEL

We have known ea other WAY to long for you to act like this Jerry Tresser---did you have a necropsy of the animal performed? And by the way I tried to call you on your 800 number several times. And MY Direct number is 954-579-0018. I can be reached at any time. WE HAVE NEVER DONE YOU WRONG ONE TIME JERRY--if you are having financial problems I understand, but DO NOT try to tell us that this is our fault. We did nothing but let you take a $1000 animal home with $100 down. THAT IS THE ONLY THING WE HAVE DONE TO JERRY TRESSER.
Ben

From: "fruitflies1@bellsouth.net" <fruitflies1@bellsouth.net>
To: Ben Siegel <plashado@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: BEN SIEGEL

I would appreciate knowing what you mean by "lost well beyond our guarantee period" I personally notified your people 2 weeks after its death.. Never ate, never drank, and it just died. I think its better for me to refer the matter to my attorney who I am sure would want to see the invoice with the deposit noted when the purchase was made as well as your guarantee and what is considered "well beyond" . I am not happy about this at all.. I have no intentions of paying $ 900.00 for nothing. I most certainly spoke to Billy, called you on more than one occasion with no return call, and my 800 # has never been disconnected, nor has there been any message left. I can check this out very easily . Just let me know what month you called and what message you left. ATT is my message provider and all messages are saved....

Possibly out of some consideration I would be willing to offer some animals to resolve this issue. As I don't make a habit out of not paying my bills , unless I am not at fault here, and in this case Solomon island skinks don't die unless there is something very wrong.... JERRY get back to me at your earliest convenience;. I may speak to you further tomorrow at Repticon....

JERRY TRESSER
www.jtresser.com/flypaper.html
www.jtresser.com/flies.html
1 800 545 2303
-------Original Message-------

Date: 9/7/2012 11:58:09 AM
To: fruitflies1@bellsouth.net
Subject: BEN SIEGEL

Jerry
Please call me. Your phone number we had for you was disconnected and I left a message on your 800 number. We would like to be paid for our monkey tail skink that we allowed you to take with a $100 deposit on good faith. The animal was lost well out of our guarantee period and you never contacted us regarding this issue.
Ben Siegel

Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #82
BenSiegelReptiles
and guess what?? Big tough guy--gave him my number to call and discuss like a man--thank god he didnt or else I would not have all this correspondence both private and public. He even walked away at repticon and starting spewing to contact his attorney. No problem Jerry! Make sure to email my attorney Chris in the email I sent your attorneys info. Just wanted to make sure you understand that everything you have written up here cannot be taken down. This evidence will be here to stay. And every day it is up it hurting my business, mental health, my mangers mental health as well as many other people. My nights are spent defending myself from all the untruths that you have been writing about an event that you know nothing about---see you cant do that in this type of situation. I heard the name for it, but I dont rememember. Sounded very fancy and out of my pay grade but scary too!

Ben

Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #83
BenSiegelReptiles
did he actually write this? Finally, Its not appreciated about these fabrication MODUS OPERANDI. I have had one problem with a bad shipment. Far different from my situation with you. I don't make it a policy of using other peoples stories to justify some child's nonsense that you feel is necessary to bring to my attention.. That's not going to work any more than seeing something negative about you on the BOI or myself for that matter.... You have a hell of a nerve bringing anything up that does NOT relate to the issue on hand.. If you do find more than a few people over my 50 years in this business, it happens from time to time. That includes you as well.... That's the business we chose, like it or not, it has its risks and liabilities which in many cases can be settled, but in your case , you find it easier to bring up things that have nothing to do with skinks. !

Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #84
Dennis Hultman
I know with Jerry's responses and us responding to them have brought this thread off some but now we are going to far the other direction.

Let's keep the BOI stuff on the BOI.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #85
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
There are attorneys that specialize in these matters, and are experts in winning for the plaintiff... THIS IS BIG MONEY HERE. Although I dont know how much it could be in the millions.
Jerry, I believe that we all know that your intent of posting something like the above quote is designed merely to try to intimidate Ben into thinking he needs to hold tight his money and not waste it "frivolously" on an attorney to go after the debt you incurred with him. This is painfully obvious.

But in my opinion, I think it will backfire on you. If Ben does face all the expenses that you claim, then I believe it would be in his best interests to make every effort possible to try to recover any and all monies anyone owes him in whatever method would prove to be effective. After all, aren't you saying he is really going to be needing a lot of money for the lawsuit you anticipate for him? Well, I believe that should include the money you appear to owe him as well. I think he could use that $900, don't you? Don't you believe that Ben should try REALLY hard to get that money that you promised him?

Do you truly believe Ben's other problem completely negates your debt with him? Personally I believe you are bluffing, and if it were me, I would call your hand. It appears that Ben is of the same opinion. I'm not sure where you got your knowledge of legal proceedings in these matters, but I certainly do hope you didn't spend a whole lot of money in that pursuit. But it certainly appears that perhaps you did get some of your money's worth in learning their typical ploys of intimidation and bluffing the opposing party. Unfortunately, that doesn't work on everybody.

Seriously, Jerry, if you could only make a 10 percent down payment on a $1,000 purchase instead of paying outright, are YOU really going to have the funds available for what your own attorney is going to cost you in defense from your own lawsuit? As you mentioned, they are NOT cheap. How much is your own defense going to cost you concerning that $900 debt? What is that, three hours of legal time for a decent attorney? Heck the retainer itself will be much more than that figure. I believe that your only hope of not being put through the financial wringer yourself is to convince Ben to not sue you, and from what I can see, you aren't even close to heading in that direction at all. My advice to you would be to reconsider your position.

But in any event, good luck to you. Grabbing a tiger by the tail does have it's risks, doesn't it?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #86
BenSiegelReptiles
thank you webslave, but $900?? I mean small claims would dictate triple damages in this simple simple case. Unfortunately as busy as I am I cannot afford to represent myself. I also do not claim to be a legal eagle by any stretch of the word. I have no choice to to hire a capable and knowledgeable attorney to help me with my problem. Unfortunately they are quiet expensive. I was told however in cases as obvious as this that legal expenses are usually an non issue to recover from the person in question. So my I am sure my lawyer is going to have his bill to recover as well. My OTHER attorney has also been watching this thread very closely. I wont even get started about him. He is very expensive, but helping me with another matter so he has felt as a friend he would be more then happy to advise me on this matter. I just don't fully understand things like libel-defamation-recovery expenses-liens-emotional suffering and punitive damages. So it was in my best interest, albeit expensive, to hire and very good attorney.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #87
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel View Post
libel-defamation-recovery expenses-liens-emotional suffering and punitive damages.
Jerry, that's a whole lot of money coming out of your pocket. And I'm warning you that should you try to bully the attorneys or the judge the way you have tried to grandstand and bully and manipulate and harm Ben, things will not go well for you.

You could avoid being tossed into the courtroom as shark bait with a couple of hungry attorneys by checking your ego somewhere and offering Ben's attorney an acceptable-to-him settlement.
Or you could go for the bloodbath. It's your choice.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #88
CJReptiles
I'm going to keep this short and sweet as its past my bedtime. Jerry you are a lowlife piece of garbage. I'd like go dig into your police record as I'm sure it's exemplary. (Not)

Old 10-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #89
RainDropExotics
Webslave is my October hero.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #90
keljoe
So irate

I have never posted before but Jerry has made steam come out of my head. He keeps trying to indicate that the "manager" will have liability and Ben blah blah! A man died during a contest it was unexpected and a tragedy but all the contestants knew what they were consuming! Most things in life carry a risk. Flying on an airplane, riding a bike, ECT. Accidents do happen. Jerry why are you trying to stir the pot with the contest?? You are going for blood and karma is a nasty thing. I have bought some reptiles from Ben and had smooth transactions. In no way will this accident sway me from purchasing again from him. Ben's auctions are not only great but keep purchasing fun and interesting. I will continue to pray for the man that died , his family and for Ben and his.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!