A correction to something I said a long time ago - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
evansnakes
A correction to something I said a long time ago

I heard today that BHB has just hatched a super pinstripe. He will have it Daytona I'm sure. I had said before that there was not going to be a super of the pin that looked different, it would be like the spider. It is really amazing that it took this long to get the super (6 years I think?) and it is a shame it took so long for people breeding pins as the price has plummetted down to about $2000-2500 each while if the super had been produced a year or two ago the price would have been much more stable. Oh well. The description I got was "it looks like a sand-blasted pinstripe". Somebody will throw pics up when the see it in Daytona I'm sure. So to wrap this up, I was wrong, enjoy it, it won't happen again.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
I wonder if this will cause, even if temporarily, an increase in the prices of the pins.
I remember when the mojave was proven codom rather than dominate the advertised price, very briefly, was raised to something like 30 grand by some breeders.
At the least this may stop the fall of the pin prices for a little while.
Of course this is all assuming that it is indeed a super form of the pin and some other genetics haven't sneaked in. I only say that because I agree that it is odd that it took this long to prove. Or perhaps it has been assumed by most that the mutation would behave like the spider and there's actually not been that many pin x pin breedings performed. A second breeding of two other pins that produce this would be the confirmation.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:34 AM   #3
Otter_23
I read on another forum that there had been pin to pin breeding last year but only a few eggs (missed the odds) the other pins were put to other morphs for crosses.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
I read on another forum yesterday that the super pin wasn't in Daytona and Brian was holding off on officially calling it a super until he bred it to a normal and produced all pins.
I didn't get to go to Daytona this year so that's just second hand info, for what it's worth.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #5
evansnakes
Clay, I have heard the same which is kind of odd since he had rumored the super pin to be produced just before Daytona. Kind of setting the stage if you will for a kick in the pants to the market value of his project. Now he doesn't want to say anything for a year or two until he breeds it further. Hum.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
If it had been me I definately would have taken it and labeled it "possible super pinstripe". Either that or just kept quiet until I had proven it.
I agree with waiting until it proves to be a super before commiting to calling it that, but I can't see how showing it off at Daytona this season wouldn't have boosted the interest in the morph.
Now I guarantee this winter there will be a good number of pin x pin breedings where if the possibility of a super had been kept under wraps Brian would most likely have still been the only person with some when it was proven.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #7
v2rherp
he might have more clutches due to hatch this season?
hmm.

vaughn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!