Smoothies - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #61
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
Well, Vickie Dachiu obviously has to do with this, since her name is on the Italian breeder's Available page, and Vickie Dachiu says on her website that she got her dragons from Alessandro in Italy. If you look at the contact page on the Italian breeder's website, his name is Alessandro. Connect the dots yet?
This is not about connecting dots, lol. So what if the Dachiu's purchased from the Italian guy? What business is it of mine or yours, and what does that have to do with me being accused of being a "spokesperson?"

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #62
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadi11
The dragons being a co-dom it would be similar to that of pastels. or the supers that is.. But in the future plans to cross with a trans. Your going to take something that possibly dont have inbreeding. and cross with a major inbred animal.. The silkbacks dont have enough change in care of them. Then add the trans on top of it.. It makes perfect sence huh..
Leatherbacks arent produced that often. so to have many unrelated doesnt seem totally possible.
Okay, let me try to explain this a little better.

If you have some Co-Dom leatherbacks, and you breed them to normal dragons, you will get about 1/2 normal dragons and 1/2 leatherbacks. These Co-dom leatherbacks are the visible hets for the super from, silkbacks. So you can have as many lines of Co-dom leatherbacks going as you have normal dragons to cross them out with. Then you take a Co-dom leatherback from one line, and cross it to a Co-dom leatherback of another line. You can get the silkbacks from this breeding. So as long as you out-cross the Co-dom leathers with normals, and build your breeding lines from there, you will have minimal inbreeding of your animals. I hope that made more sense!

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #63
mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriS
I just thought I would pop in and see if some noses were still just up some butts so far they could still breathe and dancing on the strings
I think you should look around yourself and see who your PLAYERS are now. Has anyone called or emailed Dachiu or the breeder from Rome and found out any FACTS or are you just ASSuming again? Sounds like just another personal attack on one certain breeder because the AV thread did not pan out 100% YOUR way.

[quote=Saladragon]I was just on the phone with Bobby Hill, and he had an excellent point.

Webslave--"Bobby, you have apparently become a loose cannon. Ever since your rep took a hit with the adenovirus fiasco, you are looking for a target, ANY target, to try to regain face."

From what I see, looking at the various forums, is another angle for bobby and others to attack Dachiu on. Who has who's nose up your butt now, Cheri? Still licking your wounds, Bobby? AV is a dead subject, so now it's time to move on and attack silkbacks and leatherbacks? Or is this all just to target Vicki?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #64
Valley Dragons
[quote=mikey]I think you should look around yourself and see who your PLAYERS are now. Has anyone called or emailed Dachiu or the breeder from Rome and found out any FACTS or are you just ASSuming again? Sounds like just another personal attack on one certain breeder because the AV thread did not pan out 100% YOUR way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
I was just on the phone with Bobby Hill, and he had an excellent point.

Webslave--"Bobby, you have apparently become a loose cannon. Ever since your rep took a hit with the adenovirus fiasco, you are looking for a target, ANY target, to try to regain face."

From what I see, looking at the various forums, is another angle for bobby and others to attack Dachiu on. Who has who's nose up your butt now, Cheri? Still licking your wounds, Bobby? AV is a dead subject, so now it's time to move on and attack silkbacks and leatherbacks? Or is this all just to target Vicki?
I'm glad someone had the balls to come right out and say that! Bravo!

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #65
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
AV is a dead subject, so now it's time to move on and attack silkbacks and leatherbacks? Or is this all just to target Vicki?
Personally, I could care less about Vickie Dachiu. What I do care about is the dragons, and the things that us humans are inflicting upon them...intentionally, no less.

As for Adenovirus being a dead subject, you are partly correct. There's something dead from Adenovirus, but it's not the subject.

What everyone seems to forget is that regardless of what THEY want the status of the Adenovirus subject to be, there are some of us living it every day, watching dragons with this virus struggle, and watching our animals die because SOMEONE didn't think it was important. So please, go visit my freezer and tell Fiera how UNIMPORTANT and DEAD this subject is. I'm pretty sure she would disagree with you.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #66
mikey
+ 39 340 1440800 Alessandro

+ 39 348 0838169 Laura

info@pogonavitticeps.it

Our facilities are situated nearby Rome, Italy. For a quick contact we suggest you to send us an e-mail or to phone us (9.00-20.00 our time)

~Email:
dragons@dachiu.com

~Call :
610 273 2873 (9am - 9pm EST)
or if the other line is busy - 610 273 3913

Please feel free to contact both parties and get the facts. Then we can talk the reality of this subject.(good or bad).. Have any of you tried to make contact?

Old 06-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #67
shadi11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
Okay, let me try to explain this a little better.

If you have some Co-Dom leatherbacks, and you breed them to normal dragons, you will get about 1/2 normal dragons and 1/2 leatherbacks. These Co-dom leatherbacks are the visible hets for the super from, silkbacks. So you can have as many lines of Co-dom leatherbacks going as you have normal dragons to cross them out with. Then you take a Co-dom leatherback from one line, and cross it to a Co-dom leatherback of another line. You can get the silkbacks from this breeding. So as long as you out-cross the Co-dom leathers with normals, and build your breeding lines from there, you will have minimal inbreeding of your animals. I hope that made more sense!

Jamie
I honeslty dont need genetics explained to me.. I get them but taking this quote from the Dachius project page
Quote:
Leatherbacks are dragons that have an absence or reduction of tubercles (rough scales) on the dragons back which give them a leathery appearance. There have been very few of these hatched in captivity; making these extremely rare. We occasionally hatch leatherbacks from a variety of our lines, but have not had success in reproducing the trait with the 'flukes' we've produced in the past.
The leather backs arent so easily produced..
Then you go to and add the trans in. which that you cant take and breed out to a normal we all know that. You would have to breed the trans to the silkbacks and then breed the same cross again. and hope you come up with a silkback trans.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #68
shadi11
Quote:
I have the highest hopes that the people involved in this project will not make silkbacks available to the general public if the animals are sickly or overly difficult to care for. And besides - if they DID sell an animal that proved to be sickly and difficult to care for - it would not take long for sales to stop and the breeding project would more than likely end.
kinda like they stopped producing with the adenovirus huh? Sure sounds like a thumbs up plan to me.

The av subject may be dead where you see it but in all reality it is still alive and kicking. Just the breeders are going to do as they wish until they have major issues. As said back a few pages in reference to IBD in snakes

Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #69
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadi11
I honeslty dont need genetics explained to me.. I get them but taking this quote from the Dachius project page

The leather backs arent so easily produced..
Then you go to and add the trans in. which that you cant take and breed out to a normal we all know that. You would have to breed the trans to the silkbacks and then breed the same cross again. and hope you come up with a silkback trans.
Um..and your point is? If you had read anythings else, then you would have noticed that Mr. Italy has produced co-doms. This opens up a whole new ball game.

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #70
whiskersmom
Mikey wrote:
Quote:
Wow, you just showed your true colors!!! Dead subject? You are kidding right?
That's what you are hoping people will believe so that the issue of breeders testing what their trying to sell us is DEAD!!!! Sorry dear, ain't gonna happen.

And Valley, if this is such a benign and natural occurrence, please point me in the right direction because the only place I've seen pictures of these pitiful creatures is on some breeders web site.....not random pic's taken of them in the wild.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread