Thinking of getting my 1st HOT! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
jwmckee
Thinking of getting my 1st HOT!

Hello everyone,

I realize I am opening Pandora's Box with this question but I am SERIOUSLY thinking of getting my 1st hot. I've had sveral pythons and have kept copperheads but I want a Gaboon. I have all the equip. to handle such a snake. I know they are very fast strikers and aren't they best for beginners but to me they are the most beatiful snake on earth. So, let me have it. Good or bad. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I have checked and they are legal to own in Oklahoma. Thanks everybody! Jason

P.S They are CB 07 babies.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
Tim Cole
I'm confused...

1st hots but you have kept copperheads?

My suggestion is to find a mentor to work with.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
jwmckee
I live in Oklahoma and have WC copperheads for some time before releasing them. I just haven't had anything of the magnitude of a Gaboon. Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
Tim's suggestion of finding a mentor is the best thing you can do. Going from copperheads to gaboons with no real experience or training is a big leap.
Short term keeping of coppers isn't going to provide you with the experience needed to safely keep a gabby, and this is not something where you want to be self taught, the lessons come hard.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
CrotalusCo
and not to open another box but please dont release snakes that have been in with captive collections

Old 04-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
jwmckee
I'm not sure what you mean.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
markface
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmckee
I'm not sure what you mean.
what he is saying is that wild caught spiecies that you plan to release in the future should not be housed around other animals . they can pick up diseases that could do serious damage to wild populations . thats pretty much it in a nutshell .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!