Inquiry on P. Honan/Helodermas@att.net - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
bogiehunter85
Reply to Chuck.....

I bought 2.2 subocs from Honan. They were suppossedly het for blonde. After four years of raising them, they turned out to be normals. I have been looking for him since I found out. I googled him and saw a post where Rick Green had the same problem with het subocs that were not het at all. Instead of starting a new thread on the same subject, I thought it best to add to this one. I have not talked to Rick, but he posted this. In talking to others, They have had the same experience, and yes, Sloan was one of them, but only one of the people ripped off by Honan. It seems Ken and Keith have a hard on for Sloan. Not my problem. I live in a whole different hemisphere from Texas. I do not care about anyones petty fights, so I'm not getting into it. Still looking for info on Honan if anyone knows. Thanks

Old 11-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
Anthony Chodan
I used to deal a lot with Larry a few years back. We did everything in person, and nothing went wrong. We bought stuff from each other and traded. I did go to his pad once and saw his subocs. He did have a lot of different morphs including silver and blonde. I can vouch that much. We ended up losing contact, and the last I heard, his house burnt down. I did verify this through local papers.

He was a standup guy and real helpful. I am quite dismayed to hear these negative dealings with him.

I can tell some of you have never met him in person with some of the stuff you're saying. Larry's a pretty big intimidating guy.

I hope all these deals get righted.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:08 AM   #13
bogiehunter85
Not the right place to reply....

Anthony - this thread is about Lawrence Honan and so I'll go over to the thread about these alleged leucy bairdi to respond. I have new info , so check it out there and thanks for responding.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
Anthony Chodan
Question

lil confused...

you do understand that Lawrence=Larry, correct??

Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
bogiehunter85
My mistake - I was thinking HASTINGS not HONAN.

I know of five people LAWRENCE/LARRY HONAN has flat out RIPPED OFF !

Since they are posted at various places, I will not post thier names. One in Del Rio got dead eastern milks that were never replaced. He also got het hognose that weren't het. He got 1.1 adult black milks that were 2 males and the three juvi subocs that were to be 1.2 were all male as well. He did, however, get a double het male suboc and a blonde suboc that was het for silver. These turned out to be the only thing in the deal that was real.

Another herper from Texas got het for blonde subocs and spent several years raising them only to find they were normals.

I personally got 2.2 het for blonde subocs @ $100 each, spent four years raising them only to find these also were normals.

The thing about Mr. Honan is that he uses his families home addy in NJ, asks you to let his wife pick it up and gives you no way to contact him after the deal is done. My mistake was that I fell asleep during our deal. From now on ANYONE I deal with gives me an address that can be verified through the White pages in the local area with a land line phone number. Everyone should require this when doing deals.

The guy in Texas is helping me file a small claims lawsuit against the family home of Mr. Honan. Since money and animals were sent there in his wifes name - she too is responsible. Federal fraud complaints have been filed against both Lawrence and Patricia Honan and the members of his family at Asbury Anderson Road in NJ. He has done this to a lot of people. He also changes his e-mail addy often - usually at the close of another rip off. It always seems to contain some form of "helodermas".

If you, Antohny, or anyone else knows how to get in touch with this crook - please do post it.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #16
Ken Harbart
So, Michael... are you in St. Paul or Cicago?

Or Del Rio?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #17
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiehunter85
The guy in Texas is helping me file a small claims lawsuit against the family home of Mr. Honan. Since money and animals were sent there in his wifes name - she too is responsible. Federal fraud complaints have been filed against both Lawrence and Patricia Honan and the members of his family at Asbury Anderson Road in NJ.
Legal threats from "the guy in Texas" are about as empty as the cavernous space between his ears. Sloan threatens legal action often, but the fact is that doing so would most likely only land the petty criminal in legal hot water once again. He's threatened numerous people with both malicious prosecution and abuse of process.

As it stands, he's unqualified to "help" anyone file a small claims case, as small claims procedures vary from state to state. Likewise, a small claims case cannot be filed "against the home of." The case proceeds against named individuals. If the court issues an award for the plaintiff, they still don't necessarily get the money if the other party chooses not to pay. Separate filings are generally required in order to secure the award. The manner in which the award is secured would then be at the discretion of the court, and is generally a garnishment lien. A judgment lien against property is rare in such circumstances and isn't of much use, since the lien wouldn't have to be settled anytime soon.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #18
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiehunter85
This guy has ripped a lot of people off. A couple of them - I would not want to have done that too cause they'll hunt him down like a dog. Anyway, the suboc thing.....Honan bred a het for silver & blonde male to a blonde female het for silver. He got blondes and silvers and 66% hets with other breedings. He sold the male and female to a guy in Del Rio -who by the way - is right on his tail as we speak. He also ripped this guy off, so lay low Larry ! He sold his 66% hets as full hets to anyone he could sell them to.

This guy is such a coward that he hides behind his wife - "P" for Patricia, and his elderly family. Larry lives in PA and his family in NJ. He currently has a $5,000 judgement against him in Texas and a lien on his families home in NJ under the Texas long arm statutes. What a shock his family will get when the patriarc dies and they go to probate the will only to discover they must pay someone $5,000 before they can collect ! He not only screws other herpers, but his own family ! What a low life scum this guy is. He changes his e-mail as often as he changes his undies ! So you probably cannot find him. Again, he is a COWARD who hides behing his wife and family.

DO NOT DEAL WITH LAWRENCE OR PATRICIA HONAN - CROOKS !
Now's as good a time as any to point out that the TX "long-arm statute" would be inapplicable because Honan lacks sufficient contact within the state of TX to be covered by the statute. Sloan likes to represent the statute as a free pass for him to use and abuse as he wishes, but the applicable case law says otherwise.

It should also be noted that I've verified via a public records search that there exists no record whatsoever of Sloan receiving any judgments against Honan, nor of him holding any liens against real property owned by Lawrence or Patricia Honan in the states of PA or NJ.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #19
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart
So, Michael... are you in St. Paul or Chicago?

Or Del Rio?
Still waiting for the answer to this one. Your profile says you're from St. Paul... you're using a Chicago dial-up IP... and yet, as a 22 year old student, you manage to spend a lot of time road collecting in Val Verde County, TX- roughly 1,330 miles removed from St. Paul.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!