Joe Stephens - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
Nagini
Joe Stephens

Has anyone else had experiences with Joe? I recently got a spider from him. It is a beautiful reptile, arrived the day I asked it to. He was quick to respond each time I had questions and provided extra pics when asked. Prices were reasonable, though upon arrival she had mites. I've delt with mites before, so I did deside to keep her, but when asked about it he said it must have been from shipment. She was in a bag, electrical taped shut, well packed box, I cant see how mites could have gotten to her through stirofome, packing material, bag and tape. I asked him to check his other snakes and get back to me. A few days later, no e-mail no phone call. So I called him again, he said that none of his other snakes had mites and it would have happened in shipment.

Like I said before, I am happy with the snake. She was and still is of good weight, nice reduced pattern and high gold, but she's still having a time with mites that I am treating. Has anyone else delt with Joe before?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
liquidleaf
To my knowledge, it would be very very VERY unlikely for a snake to get mites during an overnight shipment. (Not impossible, because almost anything is possible.) The package isn't really resting anyplace long enough (or with enough other possibly mite-infested reptiles close by) to allow mites to easily get into the package. Reptile mites aren't just "any old" mites that might be crawling around outside, like a wood mite.

That was a bogus explanation on his part. If you look at the bag the snake was shipped in, do you see dead mites? The fact that he didn't answer you after that indicates he knows about his mite problem. He could have easily just apologized for the inconvenience.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Nagini
Thats pretty much what I figured, I may be new to owning reptiles, but I'm not new to caring for them. I wasn't even asking for my money back or a return, I think she's a gorgeous snake aside from the mite problem.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
GBFINC
Joe Stephens from Miramar , Florida ? ---Brian O'Neill

Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
Nagini
I dont remember where they're from, I dont have the shipping box anymore but I think they were from florida

Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
A.Rentfro
Snake mites are a serious problem but some people still don't understand that. Your guy may be one of those otherwise OK sellers who just have not yet joined the 21st century (on the subject of mites).
I can't give any direct experience with those people but don't know why any responsible seller would not answer all your questins about mites on a snake. I also consider it impossible that the snake picked them up in transit.
Best of luck!
Gus.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
lanceheads
You don't remember where they were from??????

"Has anyone else had experiences with Joe? I recently got a spider from him."

Seems to me if you RECENTLY got a spider ball, you'd remember where it came from.

Randal Berry

Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
Nagini
Its the 21st century, as August said. I don't mail off payments any longer, I use paypal. Paypal does not provide the location payment is going to, and I have no need to hold onto boxes with addresses. Sorry that working 2 jobs means that I don't memorize every address label shipped to me. UPS doesnt provide all the information either, it just says it started out at: HIALEAH, FL, US but thats the pick up scan, not nessisarily they're exact location. And by recently, I mean I recieved the snake 9/25.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #9
Lucille
Just curious, since it had to be shipped, where did you see the ad for it?

Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #10
lanceheads
Alisyn,
Sorry, you must have a lot of animals come in, after all it was 21 days ago that the spider came in, however, it did come from Florida as you stated.

However, what does Gus's 21st century statement have to do with you using paypal?
He was talking about a dealer who has mites.
I am perplexed by your whole reason for posting on the BOI.

First, your happy with the snake.
Second, your wondering where the mites came from.
Thirdly, your concerned that he didn't answer you the way you wanted him to. I think his answer to you is lame also.

Maybe you should start a new post stating, "Anybody Received snakes from Joe Stephens that has Mites"?
That would be appropiate, I always thought the BOI was for warning people about deals that went south, or scammers, etc.
You stated that you were happy with your deal, except for the mites.

Randal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!