Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 43 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #421
SPJ
I can't believe I originally thought Ed was the good guy in the beginning of this thread.
He has proven once again that he is NOT someone to do business with.
Ed, that comment about the albino was way out of line.

Sick frog, healthy frog, it no longer matters. Ed is just not the type of person people should be dealing with.

As far as having all of the frogs tested and coming back clean, I will say right now that you are full of it. Prove you tested all these frogs. It would have cost you a small fortune to test "100's" of frogs (that's how many you claim to have at times) and you are all about the $, not about caring for the animals.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #422
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I can't believe I originally thought Ed was the good guy in the beginning of this thread.

Sick frog, healthy frog, it no longer matters. Ed is just not the type of person people should be dealing with.

As far as having all of the frogs tested and coming back clean, I will say right now that you are full of it. Prove you tested all these frogs. It would have cost you a small fortune to test "100's" of frogs (that's how many you claim to have at times) and you are all about the $, not about caring for the animals.
You must spread some karma around before giving it to SPJ again.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #423
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfroglady
Atleast you can admit there's a possibility. And what information has came forward from ED. The only information I know of is the information that was posted by k412. For example the med examiner report and the Herpetologist. They both said the frog was sick. I'm going with the experts on this one not some guy who doesn't own a whites who thinks the frog was healthy. IMO the frog was sick. If you don't like it because my opinion doesn't match up with yours I don't know what to tell you.
My problem is not that our opinions do not match up. I am quite alright with that. The problem comes when you treat your opinion like it's a fact, and begin accusing someone of something without any real evidence.

I know what the herpetologist and necropsy both stated, but I have a problem with them for the following reasons:
1) They both state illness as the cause of death, but they don't state the same illness. IMO, that shouldn't add up to equal 100% positive that the frog was sick.
2) Any necropsy done on a frog should come with the disclaimer that it may not be completely accurate. When taken into consideration that the frog was initially examined by a first vet, then shipped to CA, then examined a second time a couple weeks later, the results should be even less so.
3) The herpetologists claims are based ONLY upon her personal reading of this necropsy. Her opinion has less direct information about this case than someone that read this entire thread.
4) The herpetologist's claim included the opinion that the hepatitis was highly contagious, but also neglects to mention what was causing the inflammation of the liver. It seems that either she assumed that the hepatitis mentioned was referring to signs of the virus, or she just forgot to mention what she believed caused the liver inflammation. The fact that acute hepatitis of the liver appeared to be a minor detail in the necropsy, and considering what poor condition the body was in when it was received (every organ was autolyzed, ulcerations and abrasions, the original vet discovered that she was a female, did she cut into the frog as well?) I find it a stretch that somebody could conclude that hepatitis was the cause of death and that the illness is very contagious.

This situation isn't as much of a problem because Ed is a jerk, plain and simple. He hasn't treated a single person with an ounce of respect this entire time. I'm sure he, in one way or another, deserves all of this negative attention. But what if it was someone else? What if the exact same situation occurred with someone who generally believed that his frogs were healthy, was genuinely sorry that the frog died, but did not believe it was his fault and simply couldn't afford to give refunds when he was not to blame? Would you be saying the same things? Would you be working to spread the word that he sells sick frogs when the evidence just isn't there to back it up?

I'm backing up Ed, not because I like him, or because I think he's just a nice guy with a bad rap. Hell, I wouldn't buy from him EVER. I'm defending him, per se, because I believe that nobody should be able to just throw accusations around. I'm working to begin breeding snakes, and hopefully in a couple years, I'll have my first clutches to offer. Now, I'm sure I'll be able to offer better customer service than Ed, but what if something unfortunate does happen and I'm not to blame? Should I have to endure accusations that threaten my very modest business when I've fulfilled my TOS? Should I have to undergo severe financial loss just because, very unfortunately and through no fault of my own, one person's experience with me didn't live up to expectations?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #424
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe
Now, I'm sure I'll be able to offer better customer service than Ed, but what if something unfortunate does happen and I'm not to blame? Should I have to endure accusations that threaten my very modest business when I've fulfilled my TOS? Should I have to undergo severe financial loss just because, very unfortunately and through no fault of my own, one person's experience with me didn't live up to expectations?

Depends how many PREVIOUS accusations have come forth IMHO. Past history speaks quite loud when no effort to correct said history has ever been attempted.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #425
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Depends how many PREVIOUS accusations have come forth IMHO. Past history speaks quite loud when no effort to correct said history has ever been attempted.
You're right. At this point, I feel like I've said my piece, I'm made my argument, and I'm comfortable with letting this go. Ed has dug his own grave, and it's just sickening to try to defend him anymore. His words to you about your beautiful albino boa were just completely uncalled for and he deserves whatever he gets. I do think in this particular instance he wasn't wrong, but he is guilty of being an awful person.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #426
Mooing Tricycle
Ed Youre a damn moron arent you?

No chance in hell will i ever stand and say "hey, ed might be in the right this time" Nope.... I hope you get whats comming to you Ed. I really do. This time, youve gone WAY to damn far!

Its PATHETIC you have NO feelings towards Rick, Or Aurora. Absolutely Disgusting.

Youre the second person on this forum, that i remember in this moment in time that floats around this forum like nothing matters, and that, if they ignore things long enough, or go away for a little while Everything is OK again. Screw that. and screw the lot of ya. To the trash where you belong.

Your kind of people DISGUST ME!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #427
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Ed Youre a damn moron arent you?

No chance in hell will i ever stand and say "hey, ed might be in the right this time" Nope.... I hope you get whats comming to you Ed. I really do. This time, youve gone WAY to damn far!

Its PATHETIC you have NO feelings towards Rick, Or Aurora. Absolutely Disgusting.

Youre the second person on this forum, that i remember in this moment in time that floats around this forum like nothing matters, and that, if they ignore things long enough, or go away for a little while Everything is OK again. Screw that. and screw the lot of ya. To the trash where you belong.

Your kind of people DISGUST ME!

"
Youre the second person on this forum, that i remember in this moment in time that Says the crap you just Pulled out of your and floats around this forum like nothing matters, and that, if they ignore things long enough, or go away for a little while Everything is OK again. Screw that. and screw the lot of ya. To the trash where you belong.

Is what i MEANT to write."

Old 09-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #428
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Well said and I agree.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #429
Art Klass
You are a real piece of work, Ed. If you had but a small percentage of the moral values, professional ethics and passion that Rick has then you wouldn't be in this mess.

Shame on you.

Art Klass

Old 09-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #430
Chandler Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ

This sums it up nicely for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark