I am getting a uro on my birth day - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
timo
I am getting a uro on my birth day

can you guys post some pics of your uro and there cages and can you tell me alittle of information

Old 03-10-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
aliceinwl
Check out this care sheet: http://www.deerfernfarms.com/Uromastyx_Care.htm

Make sure that you have a good set-up with proper temps before you receive your uro. Make every effort to get a captive bred animal. If you end up getting a wild caught (much cheaper and lots available) be prepared for a potentially difficult acclimation. With wild caught, you should also track down a herp vet before you get the lizard, and plan to schedule an appointment upon receipt to address parasite issues. Although the animal itself tends to be cheaper with wild caught, vet costs will quickly add up so in the long run captive bred is usually cheaper.

-Alice

Old 04-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
joshdhensley
Here are two of my Uro set ups. For bedding, I use birdseed which I freeze for two days first to kill any bugs. I have a 10.0 UV florescent bulb, a 150 watt spot/basking light on the right side attached to a dimmer switch to maintain a 120 degree basking area and a regular 75 watt light bulb for extra light. Hope this helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!