AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:05 PM   #21
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I'm sorry for misspelling your name before Mr. Ramsdell.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #22
karl ramsdell
no problem

no problem, apology accepted

Old 05-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #23
Darin Chappell
Mr. Ramsdell,

If you're such a brave sort to post publicly concerning your criminal behavior, why not just go all the way and post your address and phone number too? I have no problems turning you over to USFW, and it would make my day to think of you squirming around in your seat, trying to explain how you see it as "fun" to ship venomous animals illegally!

Rob, in all seriousness, we probably shouldn't waste our time with this. After all if he's dim enough to post what he has, AND he free handles his cobras, the wheels of justice may be too slow to catch up to him . . .ALIVE, that is!

Old 05-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #24
ms_terese
Quote:
as far as shipping, i ship illegally all the time, its fun! saves me money! what are you heros gonna do now?
I think you should put that quote in your signature for every email or post you make.

I realize that Mr. Ramsdell's last post was nothing but a big ol' chunk of bait, waiting for a bite, so I'll refrain from giving that satisfaction. I'm sure it's enough for him to be a disgrace to the herping community.

I remember watching a documentary not long ago, with a photographer that was taking pictures of the hottest of the hot, agitating them to no end to get a good shot, and he got tagged by one or two of the snakes during the documentary. The level of stupidity he displayed left me dumbfounded. Towards the end, I was rooting for the snakes, just so the gene pool could be cleaned up a little. There are alot of similarities in my reaction to this thread.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:32 PM   #25
karl ramsdell
you are right Terese, it was bait, and it worked. all i did was write something nice about someone and everyone was all over it like i did something wrong.
i knew that bill from ahp was gettin slammed hard, and i knew from reading the BOI for a while that sometimes people jump the gun on calling people a bad guy before they know everything that happened. bill hasnt even had a chance to defend himself or explain. i wasnt happy when someone said i was supporting a scammer. i was bummed because i only made my post to tell people that i had a good experience with him.
so yes, i admit fully that i did make that post to piss people off. you are right. i was threatened that i can be found through a computer, like i didnt already know that.
karl ramsdell

Old 05-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #26
Darrin and Terese,

you are both probably right, I shouldn't have taken the bait, but a blatant disregard like that is inexcusable in my eyes.

I was contacted by Karl and he stated there was a mistake made and invited me to contact him about it. We shall see, but if he was making a joke, it was in poor taste/execution.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread, AHP. As I stated before, I have notified Bill Albright of this thread here, and hopefully he will find the time to address the issues at hand. I really hope he does, as after talking to him in person several times, I'd hate to think of him as guilty of what has been posted. But unfortunately, the evidence so far is pretty heavily stacked against him/AHP.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:47 PM   #27
Karl,

as I said, I made no threats against you, but I wanted to be sure you were aware of the possible ramifications of your posts. I may not turn you in, but someone else might.

I have no problem with you having done business with Bill Albright. As I've said, I've met him and up until now, genuinely liked the guy. I think I've even sold him snakes, but I can't remember now. I'm glad your Suphan Cobra is donig well. I'm glad you free handle it regular and that it's "tooth poison" is good enough to kill rodents.

However, the problem was with AHP's shipment of the snake via an overnight carrier. Did he send you a nice hot? Yes, I'm sure he did. Did he do it illegally? Yes. Was there a chondro posted on kingsnake with an obvious prolapse? Yes. Was AHP notified of this by a concerned "hero?" Yes. Was the photo then digitally altered to remove the prolapse and then put right back up on kingsnake? Yes.

All of those questions are the issues with AHP, especially since so far, the answers are all YES. They had nothing to do with you personally until you decided to be a smarta$$ and mouth off about shipping illegally all the time. And then to say how fun it is. And yes, I did point out that you can be tracked through the computer.

And by the way, you made your last post about the same time I did. Please do not contact me privately again. You said there was a mistake, apparently there wasn't at all. You were out to find trouble from the get go. You wanted to piss people off, and guess what? You did. Must be a proud day for you.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:57 PM   #28
snkkpr01
CALM DOWN

Why is it that if one person disagrees with any of you cult followers that all of a sudden they are idiots. You guys jumped all over Karl because he posted a good guy statement. Yes the snake was shipped illegaly. Yes that was wrong. I cant believe that any of you would take the bait that he threw out there, it was very oblivous that he was being sarcastic. I really enjoy this site but the way that some of you guys post I am scared to say anything. If I dont say what you want I will get slammed. I think that is crap. Oh yea does everyone reading this follow the letter of the law. If so fine if not "judge not less thee be judged."

Old 05-30-2003, 04:06 PM   #29
snkkpr01
Now wait a second

Now I just want to say that Karls sarcastic post should not have gotten any response at all if things like that are ignored they go away. I think that he made a real good point though. Please I ask that I dont get a bunch of backlash for this I was just speaking my mind and I know that many of the readers on this board are very good at what they do and will not lower themselves to name calling and putting people down. I think therefore I am. I also dont mind speaking my mind every oce in awhile. Good luck to all and best wishes.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:09 PM   #30
The Dark Grove
Thanks Tim

I and my Wife are in the market for a pair of GTP's and your collar really helps Tim. I would have never seen the redone photo, maybe Tanya since she does all the computer stuff.

Anyway, thanks and good job Tim.

Ralph

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!