AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-05-2003, 01:49 PM   #71
The Dark Grove
Well,

I been in the market for a few Aru's and have made my mind up that they won't be coming from AHP.

Too many things are up with this guy, the photo and it's ad were done incorrectly (Bill's view) or at worst a poor attempt at actual deception and misrepresentation of an animal for sale, I took it that animal pictured was the one for sale, nowhere in the ad did it say it wasn't.

As for the shipped Hot, that also says loads about what someone is willing to do for a buck.If the customer can't pick it up at an airport you should tell them to find another seller. At the least it brings disrepute upon the hobby, on the worst it's illegal.

I'm done with the thread, everything's out in the open.

Ralph Chapman

Old 06-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #72
Darin Chappell
"I will never ship a venomous or dangerous animal illegally . . .unless you pay me some money and ask me to do so for your convenience, of course!"

So, is THAT pretty much what you are saying in your policy statement there, Bill? It's people like you that make all of this harder for all of us! UPS won't accept snakes at all, and that is partly because some moron is always going to be willing to sneak a cobra in to save a few bucks!!! I can't stand people like this at all!

Do not do business with Bill Albright of AHP Exotics! Giving guys like this your money is nothing short of providing the means of a bad guy to stay in business, and I, for one, have had it with bad guys!

Old 06-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #73
sputnik
Angry Darin Chappell

Quote:
Do not do business with Bill Albright of AHP Exotics! Giving guys like this your money is nothing short of providing the means of a bad guy to stay in business, and I, for one, have had it with bad guys!
Darin,

It's not just a means of keeping the bad guys in business. As Bill stated he ships illegally if you want him to, the shipping of hots like a cobra which bill does also puts people such as overnight carriers at risk and you have to remember, that HOT package exchanges through many hands before it gets to your door. The health of a lot of people are put at serious risk.

So, bottom line is, in my opinion, is that Bill will perform a criminal activity if you want him to and put peoples lives at risk illegally.... what a wonderful way to do business!

What a wonderful way to bring the reptile hobby into disrepute to get a few bucks!

AHP exotics have a lot to answer for.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:48 PM   #74
ms_terese
*sigh*

Bill, thanks for coming here and posting. I'm sure you knew what the response was going to be and that it was a difficult thing to do. I have respect for people who will own up to their actions.

I hope that you can understand the agitation and anger that is being expressed here over the shipping of the hots via overnight.

I don't deal with hots, or at least have not done so yet. Part of the reason for that is that the nearest airport I could ship a venomous animal from is about 200 miles from me. That makes the proposition a bit unattractive.

It took great effort for me to develop a relationship with a local UPS office. I started out by familiarizing myself with the driver that comes to my home. He looked over our animals, explained why UPS *doesn't* handle snakes as a rule, and actually gave me some tips on packaging/labeling. I then went to the UPS drop location and laid my cards out on the table, using the driver as a reference. They've agreed to ship my boids.

This was a great risk for me to take. I could most likely have shipped for a long time without disclosing what I was shipping. However, it would have been wrong. Doing it the way I did it made UPS feel more comfortable, increased some folks' awareness of reptiles, and I know for a fact it means that my boxes get a little more careful treatment. I drop them at the UPS location about 30 minutes before they close on shipping days so they don't have to stay in the truck, and if I receive animals I have them held for me at the same location.

While I know you believe that your packaging methods (which I am not disputing sound exceptional) protect the animal as well as the carrier, you're disregarding the possibility that if something were to happen to that package, it could literally mean the death of someone. It's absolutely unfair to put people in that situation.

Take a stand, Bill. Make airline shipping AHP's standard with NO exceptions. Period. If someone is not willing to drive to the nearest airport to retrieve that animal, then they aren't prepared to own one, period.

I'm going to resist asking if you check for age and legality of hots in the buyer's state.

Finally, I'm just going to say that I hope AHP uses this incident as simply a learning opportunity, adjusts its policies accordingly, and moves forward to succeed the RIGHT WAY in this business.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:07 PM   #75
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Quote:
If someone is not willing to drive to the nearest airport to retrieve that animal, then they aren't prepared to own one, period.
Terese, I agree with this statement 100%. If you aren't prepared to put in a little extra effort, you aren't prepared to own a hot. If you can't afford the cost of gas to get to the airport, how can you afford to keep the animal?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #76
Phil
Thumbs up My experience with Bill was positive.

After buying an animal from Bill of AHP Exotics at a show that I was unhappy with I did a search on the BOI and found this thread. Before posting I contacted Bill (never mentioning my intent to add another negative response to this thread) and was pleasantly surprised with his response. He went way beyond what was required to turn me into a satisfied customer. I don't know about all the negative stuff that's been posted about Bill in this thread, but with me Bill was nothing but professional and I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

God bless,
Phil Frost
ZNJ Exotics
znjexotics@hotmail.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!