Kimberly rock monitor available - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 02-16-2023, 01:37 PM   #11
Sid07882
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAvilla View Post
Show the rest of the thread. I have not produced any kinked tail animals myself but my understanding is that this is generally not a genetic issue. Most of the breeders I have talked to and listened to seem to be of the opinion that this is due to too high of a temperature at some point during incubation. Kevin McCurly at NERD produced some water monitors with a similar defect. I think he mentioned in a vid about the temps. Right now, benefit of the doubt for everyone, this looks like a misunderstanding.
I don't have the rest of the thread. After ai said I wanted to end the conversation shebkept texting me for over am hour. Either way it is irresponsible to breed animals with kinked tailsband no respectable breeder I know would.

Old 02-16-2023, 01:55 PM   #12
JohnAvilla
Not necessarily. We breed a lot of defects on purpose. Some like extreme faced Persian cats or pugs probably shouldn’t be bred. Others, like albino anything, do come with special needs but can live perfectly nice lives. Don’t leave albinos in the sun. With a kinked tail it comes down to figuring out why the tail is kinked and if there is a good reason to breed. If the tail is kinked due to a temperature spike there is no reason not to breed as the genetics are fine. If it is kinked due to a genetic defect I would generally say don’t breed. This would actually be the exception to that rule. Australia has prohibited export of native fauna for decades. If she was looking to reestablish a population here I am actually okay with getting the numbers up and trying to breed the defect out later. That said I am leaning towards a temp spike as she said that she has not gotten these from breeding kinked tail animals. I do wish that the rest of the thread was there as it might clear up some things but at this point I am sure you are not a liar. I just think some things might be misunderstood.

Old 02-18-2023, 11:05 AM   #13
Goanna_Mama
Robert james doesn't no anything about lizards or this lizard this is not a genetic defect the lizard was not born this way he jumped to conclusions im a grown women I don't have time for some wierd guy stalking me I'm sorry I hurt your feelings as a man James youve called me names and have harassed me enough but you do not no what your talking about your mad because I hurt your feelings I'm sorry but I new you weren't going to buy nothing in the first place I have nothing else to say to you have a great life
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-18-2023, 07:04 PM   #14
Sid07882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goanna_Mama View Post
Robert james doesn't no anything about lizards or this lizard this is not a genetic defect the lizard was not born this way he jumped to conclusions im a grown women I don't have time for some wierd guy stalking me I'm sorry I hurt your feelings as a man James youve called me names and have harassed me enough but you do not no what your talking about your mad because I hurt your feelings I'm sorry but I new you weren't going to buy nothing in the first place I have nothing else to say to you have a great life
If I recall correctly it was you who kept texting me for an hour after I asked to end the conversation. Don't be so sad I let people know the truth about you. Irresponsible breeders like yourself need to be exposed. As for your foolish statement about knowing I would not buy anything take a look at this photo.... that's the kinds of checks I get kiddo.
https://ibb.co/6NkZm6h

Old 02-19-2023, 07:34 AM   #15
JohnAvilla
Goanna_mamma, just out of curiosity, how did the kinking happen? I am just curious because I have seen tail kinks (in other collections not mine) that definitely happened during incubation and NERD also has one monitor that they produced perfectly normal, sold and then had to take back that returned with a zig zag tail and no explanation. The guy told them the animal was vicious but he was a doll when I met him. Just curious.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:26 PM   #16
vsnutz
This is all very weird, and I'm sure it can continue in the forum and not the classifieds. It makes you both look very unprofessional regardless of the validity of said conversation.

Old 02-21-2023, 05:03 PM   #17
Goanna_Mama
Iv try to stop talking with him he is obsessed with me over a kink tail
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 02-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #18
Goanna_Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAvilla View Post
Goanna_mamma, just out of curiosity, how did the kinking happen? I am just curious because I have seen tail kinks (in other collections not mine) that definitely happened during incubation and NERD also has one monitor that they produced perfectly normal, sold and then had to take back that returned with a zig zag tail and no explanation. The guy told them the animal was vicious but he was a doll when I met him. Just curious.
I believe uv and calcium was the problem
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-21-2023, 05:10 PM   #19
Goanna_Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsnutz View Post
This is all very weird, and I'm sure it can continue in the forum and not the classifieds. It makes you both look very unprofessional regardless of the validity of said conversation.
Never wanted to have a conversation with this fake person or profile who has no lizard his only intention is to hate on my post I have nothing to say to him he is harassing me
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!