Bad Guy Be wary of Boas and Balls (Rodent Factory) rodents. Parasites! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #41
hallowedone
I know this has been asked several times but has anyone actually emailed or let Lynn know about this thread? I dont think she would bother to come on anyways but being from around there and hearing the horror stories about her stuff I would love to hear her side of the story. I my self have recieved blood soaked rodents from her at one of the shows but lucky only bought 5 of them so wasnt a huge loss on my part. I am kinda scared to see how she reacts to this becasue Lynn just opened up her second reptile store and thats a lot of reptiles that are feeding on nasty rodents.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #42
morph evolution
i called her the day the thread was made and left a message with her voicemail.i did not recieve a call back from her.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #43
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It's sad that companies like The Mouse Factory, who will, without being _asked_, replace an order free of charge, AND you get to keep the incorrect order of beautiful mice, (they sent me an old order, not a new order- I needed different sizes than what were sent) go out of business, while companies with disgusting dirty infested rodents manage to hang in there.
This is a little off subject so I will only post on this once. Us, the consumers are who put the good guys out of business. We strive for "cheaper" prices. Why do you think wal-mart does so well? Mom and Pap shops just can't make it these days because people don't want to spend good money for a good product. I know some of us do, but on a large scale people want the cheapest price.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
Shadera
To clarify, I did not purchase from them because they were cheap. I purchased from them because they are fairly close to me and I was hoping to be able to get an order shipped for less than a hundred bucks for once. Didn't hurt that anyone else I trusted for feeders was/has been out of small size rats. So I took a chance.

I will gladly pay more money for good feeders. Every time. But unless someone puts up reviews that one can browse before they do business with someone, it's all a shot in the dark.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #45
Magic
I was strongly considering placing a $300 order (not including shipping) from Lynn. At this time during winter shipping can be done via ground for my location. Just as many people assume they would be getting a better cared for reptile if purchased from a "mom and pop" breeder rather than say Petco, so did I assume would be the same with feeders.

It had nothing to do with prices of her feeders but rather her location. I think I will go elsewhere.

I am now of the impression that the lack of any positive experiences and sheer silence of anyone attached to the business speaks volumes.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #46
MKJurassic
This has been going around the local groups, and while PETA may not be the best source of information the video evidence speaks for itself. We do not deal in snakes, and so have never bought any of their rodents. Nor have we purchased from their pet store so I can't personally give an account of a transaction, but I would really like to hear Lynn's side of things as she does run our local "Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo" which we do occasionally vend at.

http://investigations.peta.org/rat-r...der-pet-store/

Old 12-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #47
MKJurassic
Also meant to add this: http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...uted/20201853/

Apparently the shop was searched but not their home where most of the video seems to take place? No charges have been filed yet but I also meant to add, if you're at work the video is pretty disturbing.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #48
Billy1138
Ugh, that is upsetting video for sure. Even feeder animals deserve better treatment than what is shown in that video.

I'm reading this thread for the first time, and even though its a year old, Lynn never once chimed in to comment at all..

Old 12-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #49
snakesareawesome
I think it's safe to say this person is making everyone in the pet trade look bad and should be forced out of business. Too many things add up, I am going to have to say there's enough truth to the story that I hope this person will just shut the businesses down for good.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #50
ShadowAceD
I have been speaking to several people from CO confirming all the garbage in the video, including the people in the video as actually being volunteer employees, Lynn and her son, not PETA plants.

This is going to blow up in the worse kind of way for Colorado.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
feeders, parasites