Bad Guy NEVER DEAL WITH BILL MEISZNER!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
burgers12
NEVER DEAL WITH BILL MEISZNER!!!

DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH BILL MEISZNER aka clutchconstrictors.com. He will never be happy with the deal. He will always try to change the deal that was made. I recommend NEVER doing business with him...NEVER buy or sell with him!!!

May 2014- Made a deal with Bill for a female pastel clown 200g. The deal was made for $900 cash and an albino spider male valued at $300. Total was $1200...This deal was contingent on that I would provide video proof that she has a strong feeding response. I dont know how many people out there request something but it was a first for me and the first that I have ever heard someone wanting. But I provided the video and the deal was made. Money was sent on his part and the pastel clown was shipped. With him being from Chicago and my parents living in Chicago the albino spider was going to be handed to my dad at the local reptile show.

Attempt #1 to change the deal-
I receive a call to see if I would accept $200 cash instead of the albino spider because he had a buyer for the albino spider at $300...thus trying to cut me out of $100 of our deal. I declined

One of Bills concerns was that the snake was eating rats well. He was wondering why a 8 month old snake wasn't 700-800g. I do not power feed, over feed or feed over-sized items. I actually feed smaller items every week. I explained this to him.

I sent Bill the snake. After he received the snake I received a couple text from Bill stating...

"smoking. love her"

....another text

"I can tell she's been eating great!! Happy customer here"

(I can provide screen shots of the text messages)

After a couple days Bill texted me and starts complaining that she wont eat. I told him to be patient. She was just shipped...give her a bit to settle in.

Long story short...she goes off feed...wow never heard of a ball python going off feed before!!!

Attempt #2 to change the deal
A couple week pass and now Bill wants to back out of the deal all together. I offer to take the animal back to get her back on feed again. He says no...He then says that he is not going to give me the albino spider now. I told him I have no problem waiting to get the albino spider when the pastel clown kicks back on feed. He agreed to giving me the albino spider when the pastel clown started feeding again.

Attempt #3 to change the deal
A week passed and Bill called me again saying that he wanted his money back saying that I misrepresented the animal being a good feeder. I told him I would not refund him the money and the reason was because of the video proof I send him of her feeding great. As a seller, how far are we responsible for an animal? What if it ate once, then went off feed...what if in 2 years it wont breed...do we demand our money back from the seller.
Bill then tells me hes not happy and is not going to give me the albino spider at all and our deal is done

Since then I have tried to contact him multiple times to resolve with no response.

I strongly recommend NEVER doing business with BILL MEISZNER aka clutchconstrictors.com. It will only lead to losses, headaches, and changing of deal.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
LauraB
Jeff, if you are able to provide screen shots of any texts, emails, etc, relative to your experience, it would go a long way to validate your warning.

What exactly is the timeline between when the deal was sealed (May), when your pastel was actually shipped and then when his first attempt (I presume at the local reptile show when he was supposed to hand the albino spider to your dad), his second and third attempts to alter the terms of your agreement occured?

Old 12-12-2014, 02:44 AM   #3
Bobby Douglass
Is there a reason why you didn't just ship the snake to your dad and let him do the deal face to face?

Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 AM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgers12 View Post

One of Bills concerns was that the snake was eating rats well. He was wondering why a 8 month old snake wasn't 700-800g.
Quote:
After a couple days Bill texted me and starts complaining that she wont eat. I told him to be patient. She was just shipped...give her a bit to settle in.

Long story short...she goes off feed...wow never heard of a ball python going off feed before!!!
Quote:
Bill called me again saying that he wanted his money back saying that I misrepresented the animal being a good feeder.
I can certainly understand your buyer's concerns, she was small to begin with, and now she apparently will not eat. He probably should have just passed on this deal.
Now he is stuck, sort of like someone who has bought a used car which no longer works but still has money owed.

Have you notified him of this thread? It would be good to hear his side.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I can certainly understand your buyer's concerns, she was small to begin with, and now she apparently will not eat.
that snake wasn't 'small' imo, so many people pump their BPs up so fast. The buyer supposedly said 'I can tell she's been eating great'. To me, it sounds like the buyer wanted something he could pump up and breed as quickly as possible and now that the snake is being picky, he's having buyers remorse.

OP, you said you've been trying to contact him to resolve and he's not responding. What is the resolution you are offering at this time? As stated, a time line and copies of emails/texts will give a more complete picture.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #6
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
that snake wasn't 'small' imo, so many people pump their BPs up so fast. The buyer supposedly said 'I can tell she's been eating great'. To me, it sounds like the buyer wanted something he could pump up and breed as quickly as possible and now that the snake is being picky, he's having buyers remorse.
I agree.....if an animal is on a schedule, and the new keeper tries to offer prey that is too large, too soon, or too often, that keeper may inadvertently push that animal off feed. To then back out because an animal that was proven to be feeding strongly on the seller's schedule does not want to feed on his schedule, is not reasonable.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
EmeraldBoid
It is a sad day when it suddenly becomes the norm that buyers expect an animal to gain nearly 100g a month once out of the egg.

This is all speculation until screenshots say otherwise. This is why I always provide a picture of the animal on the scale before a sale...can't complain about it after seeing that, I also always provide feeding videos since that seems to be the number one complaint lately, the snake just got thrown across the country overnight, I am sorry he's not just dieing for food right now. Part of me wonders if he just wanted a good deal on a female pastel clown and never really planned on throwing in the albino spider, then again out of a $1200 deal, $300 is only 1/4 off. I have seen similar before as more of a nickel and dime kind of thing though, buyer gets the snake, says it's cool, next week it won't eat, bites too much, something trivial, so he or she asks for a partial refund due to a now "imperfect" animal.

I hope the op and buyer can sort it out, it sounds like a decently planned out deal so hopefully things come through in the end.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
Screenshots?
Pictures of the snakes?
Timeline?

Old 12-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
burgers12
screen shots

First pic...right from the start he knew the size of the animal
Sec: feeding video and him acknowledges feeding well
Third: snake was received and buyer says he is happy with purchase and can tell she has been feeding well
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #10
Pasodama
Jeff, can you provide anything that shows Bill's complaints &/or attempts in trying to change the deal?
When did each one occur?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!