egg problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
rpma806
egg problem

I had my female lay in her cage this morning. The eggs were a little dehydrated but nothing that wont come back, im worried that she may have rolled them while they were in there. any advise would be greatly appreciated. she had a Lay box but didn't use it and I tried taking her out yesterday and put he in a bigger lay box with eco earth in it because she didn't seem interested in the small on in her cage.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Incubate and wait. It was pretty much your only real option to begin with beyond discarding them.

I do not keep the species, but I suspect rolling would be inconsequential so soon after laying.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
angie.h
Nickolas is right, the eggs will not be affected in the least from moving or rolling that soon after laying. Their being dehydrated for a few hours shouldn't hurt them either, but that would potentially be more harmful than the rolling. Also, sometimes the dragon accidentally punctures one as she scratches around and then that egg may slowly seep a bit, if you see one like that you can throw it out. But If they're fertile and not too deflated they should be fine.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
rpma806
ok thanks, this morning some are back to normal and the rest are better then yesterday. I appreciate the responses.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!