Breeding Room - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #21
john_ny217
very nice tom, did you build all of the cages yourself? are those 4x2x18? also i noticed almost all of your basking lights are just regular household bulbs, what wattage are you using to heat the basking spot up?

Old 02-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
dragonluver83
cages

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_ny217 View Post
very nice tom, did you build all of the cages yourself? are those 4x2x18? also i noticed almost all of your basking lights are just regular household bulbs, what wattage are you using to heat the basking spot up?
No, i didnt. I bought a couple and built a couple. Making little changes here and there to save money and time. there not 18" high there 12" high.

Basking bulbs aren't really necessary. My dragons still bask and move in out of the heated areas. yup there house hold bulbs.. another way to save without taking away from the dragons... what watt bulbs are they. lol... the bottom tanks have a 25 watt and the rest are 15 watt bulbs. Melamine wood. Keeps/holds heat and with some tricks it holds humidity! ( gotta have it for my silkies) And in the summer time i turn on the heat bulbs for half day then turn them out and leave the uv's on...

Old 02-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
john_ny217
lol wait, so 15 and 25 watt bulbs heat up the cages enough for them? hmm...im not doubting you, but I would love to hear your tricks of the trade lol I do notice (from what I can see in your pictures) that most of your stackables do not have and vents or anything or am I not seeing them? is that how you keep the cage to the temps you want with lower wattage bulbs? i have a bunch of the melamine cages but most of mine are 4x2x2. Thinking back on it, I do think 24" is a bit high for bearded dragons especially when it comes to uvb and heating the cage.

sorry for all the questions, I am just intrigued by others setups and learning new things about husbandry.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
spyder79
im pretty sure the reason he can use such low watt bulbs is due to the height of the cages and the compound heat effect from multiple bulbs. Hence why tom said the bottom cages run one size and the tops run another.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #25
mmdragons
Basking bulbs aren't really necessary. My dragons still bask and move in out of the heated areas. yup there house hold bulbs.. another way to save without taking away from the dragons... what watt bulbs are they. lol... the bottom tanks have a 25 watt and the rest are 15 watt bulbs. Melamine wood. Keeps/holds heat and with some tricks it holds humidity! ( gotta have it for my silkies) And in the summer time i turn on the heat bulbs for half day then turn them out and leave the uv's on...[/quote]

What??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #26
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_ny217 View Post
lol wait, so 15 and 25 watt bulbs heat up the cages enough for them? hmm...im not doubting you, but I would love to hear your tricks of the trade lol I do notice (from what I can see in your pictures) that most of your stackables do not have and vents or anything or am I not seeing them? is that how you keep the cage to the temps you want with lower wattage bulbs? i have a bunch of the melamine cages but most of mine are 4x2x2. Thinking back on it, I do think 24" is a bit high for bearded dragons especially when it comes to uvb and heating the cage.

sorry for all the questions, I am just intrigued by others setups and learning new things about husbandry.
Your doubting me?!?!? thats okay you dont know me. but i am not the one to talk smack so here alittle something...

The first two pics are the hot and cold side of the tank.. the other two are of two different baby cages. An sorry i dont do 105 on hot spot. usually the babies run from 100.5 --- 102.5 degrees. depends on how much we open the cage door. And my adults i like to be over 100 degree's but i dont like it much higher than that. it after half of the day i turn the heat lights out and let it slowly cool down. just like the sun is going down. I cant give you all my tricks then what good would i be!..

But atleast you dont have to doubt me anymore.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #27
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
Basking bulbs aren't really necessary. My dragons still bask and move in out of the heated areas. yup there house hold bulbs.. another way to save without taking away from the dragons... what watt bulbs are they. lol... the bottom tanks have a 25 watt and the rest are 15 watt bulbs. Melamine wood. Keeps/holds heat and with some tricks it holds humidity! ( gotta have it for my silkies) And in the summer time i turn on the heat bulbs for half day then turn them out and leave the uv's on...
What??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

What??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont you understand???

Old 02-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #28
john_ny217
LOL I dont doubt ya. I see the dragons that you produce..

thanks for giving me some new tricks lol

Old 02-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #29
BaseballBeardies
wow tom where did you get that yellow dragon, ive never seen him

Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #30
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballBeardies View Post
wow tom where did you get that yellow dragon, ive never seen him
He is a Male "sunrunner" from one of Kevin Dunne's line. I have a few dragons i dont take many pictures of. he throws red orange babies and some serious bright yellows. it's always a surprise when i bred him to something. I use his babies for reptile shows and wholesale.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!