Would lotion/coconut oil be okay? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
MaximumParanoia
Would lotion/coconut oil be okay?

Even with soaking, would it hurt my leatherback any to apply lotion or coconut oil now and again? I know that the latter it is GREAT for use on humans to keep the skin nice. Just a question based on my own curiosity really.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Leatherbacks do not need that type of care.when they are shedding an ocassional soak helps but keep in mind that a shed may take a few weeks until your beardie looks fit and buff again.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
Raising Reptiles
If you're using the oil topically, coconut is beneficial for dragons, as far as we can tell. Pure, all natural Aloe Vera does wonders for skin care as well Now, if you're just trying to loosen up shed, mineral oil also works!

I would avoid lotions as many of them have added ingredients that aren't fantastic for dragons. Hope this helps!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #4
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raising Reptiles View Post
If you're using the oil topically, coconut is beneficial for dragons, as far as we can tell. Pure, all natural Aloe Vera does wonders for skin care as well Now, if you're just trying to loosen up shed, mineral oil also works!

I would avoid lotions as many of them have added ingredients that aren't fantastic for dragons. Hope this helps!
And you can powder their little butt when it's hot and sticky.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon, leatherback