Roaches or worms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
lady.phoenix
Roaches or worms

I've read a lot of people that are feeding their dragons roaches. The very thought of it freaks my daughter out.
My question is, why roaches? Are they more nutritious?
Let's talk worms- I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on that.
I've read that you can feed them meal worms, then I read that you shouldn't give them meal worms.
Which is true?
How many insects should I be feeding him per day (he's only about 6 weeks old right now)?
He won't eat much of the greens right now, but I guess that will change as he gets older.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
poppabill
first feed him as much as he wants, keep putting greens in every day he may take a while but most will get into there greens. Crickets are good as are dubai cockaroaches, in the roaches a lot of good stuff plus less chitlin. Superworms are great as well dont put bugs in to big or he wont eat them easily. lots of good stuff and they make great pets so enjoy them, poppabill

PS anything you cant gtet help with around here just yell i been around dragons over 30 yrs wporter1@rochester.rr.com

Old 06-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
lady.phoenix
Thanks. He ate well today. Brussel sprouts for breakfast and about 4 crickets for dinner.
I have some dubia roaches ordered.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #4
lady.phoenix
He's up to about 25 dubia a day plus greens and the occasional superworm.
I'm certain that no matter how many I give him, he's going to eat them all.
I'm not sure when to cut him off.
I'm worried he'll eat too much. He's such a little guy.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #5
RegalBeardedDragons
Personally, I would allow him to eat until he no longer shows interest. Young dragons are voracious eaters and when he's done, he'll stop.

Also, for what it's worth, both dubia and superworms are super easy to breed as well if you ever decide to get other dragons... or if you want to save $$.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
reptilebaby
I feed my dragons a variety of insects, dubia roaches, and hissers tend to be the staple for mine, but i also feed mealworms, crickets, wax worms. my baby dragons i think im going to be feeding bean beetles. they're so small but as of right now they havent eaten at all yet.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
firehawk0285
Variety is the spice of life for lizards. I mix it up, but I hate crickets. Dubai roaches are awesome. Stereotypes aside, they are much cleaner and don't have a strong smell, among a dozen other advantages. If you need a regular source, I like http://discountdubias.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!