Post pics of your home snake room! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #51
mgoblue347
I like the homemade rack Ron, I purchased a rack that didn't come with tubs and for the life of me can't find tubs that fit perfectly so I too have tubs with lids, which is pretty annoying but works. As to Randy, that is going to be a sweet snake house, I have a feeling that will be your new home. Adding a bed, bathroom, and kitchen in there as well?

Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #52
RonzRoyalz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
I like the homemade rack Ron, I purchased a rack that didn't come with tubs and for the life of me can't find tubs that fit perfectly so I too have tubs with lids, which is pretty annoying but works. As to Randy, that is going to be a sweet snake house, I have a feeling that will be your new home. Adding a bed, bathroom, and kitchen in there as well?
Hey Brian, I found some other tubs at big lots. Rubbermaid 41qt, but 29x18x6 I think. Suppose to be a new tub, not sure. I have the normal sterilite 41qt. tubs.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #53
mgoblue347
Good to know, I will have to check there.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #54
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue347 View Post
As to Randy, that is going to be a sweet snake house, I have a feeling that will be your new home. Adding a bed, bathroom, and kitchen in there as well?
no I have already had so many issues with it that I dont need anymore issues!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #55
blackfriday.tyler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
expecting a fire! Whats the pictures behind the extinguisher?!

nice set up you have there
they are just center-folds from tattoo magazines. its very cluttered in there right now and needs to be cleaned bad!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #56
R. Eventide
All your racks/rooms look so nice and neat! I don't have a very large space to work with (I'm renting); plus, my racks are semi-homemade, and I can't hide the wiring, so they aren't very nice to look at. They work great, though!

I love the clips! Neat idea, and they look very professional. I just use wooden clothespins. Some have "shed" written on them; some have "rat" on one side and "mouse" on the other. If someone's in shed, they get the "shed" pin clipped to their tub. The rat/mouse clips are used multiple ways. Since I feed in the evening, I can easily scan the tubs to see who was eating live and needs to be checked to make sure the rodent was eaten so none get accidentally left in there overnight. It also helps me keep track of how many rodents a snake has eaten. For each rodent I put in the tub, the tub gets another pin.

As my collection gets bigger, I think I may need to add "poop" on the other side of the "shed" pins and "f/t mouse/rat" pins. Right now, I can feed all the f/t-eating snakes and easily remember who ate what and who shed/pooped and whatnot. But as the collection gets bigger, I may need to use pins for everything so I don't forget. Plus, the other nice things about clothespins and the clips other people use is that they can clip anywhere, which makes for easy storage and easy access. All my clothespins are clipped to one of the racks, within easy reach.

Oh, and eventually, all the males will get their own clothespin, too, so I know which male is in which tub when breeding.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #57
RonzRoyalz
I just put mine on an excel spreadsheet from hotmail. D.O.B., m/f, shed and date of what their eating.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #58
mgoblue347
How is the construction going Randy?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #59
Randy F
it now has 4 walls, a door, and 2 windows! The roof is only papered but did not leak during the rain last night. Next is start putting the electrical in and finish up the back wall. It was added to an existing brick wall so I need to fill in the gaps, seal and get the outside ready for stucco. I think reality set in that it will be a month or two before its ready to move in to. I dont want to rush it and regret it later. I will take a couple pictures tomorrow and post

Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #60
MrBig
Glad to hear things are moving along Randy. I agree that it's better tio take time now and plan out exactly how you plan to use the space and then plan how you might use the space down the road. Wire for both cases, because we both know that things will change and you will add racks and whatnot, so better to plan ahead then to have to suffice or sacrifice later. On a side note this karma thing is wack, I've given Karma to half a dozen people and it still says I have to spread some around before I can give some to Randy again. GRRRRR

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!