Chicken - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
JColt
Chicken

Was looking at Lucille's awesome chicken leftover post in kitchen. That got me to thinking about how we always have left over chicken.

I used to be able to polish off a bucket of kfc or convenient mart chicken but I am stuffed after 2 pieces. I believe it's from all the crap they feed them along with what ever else goes on.

So about 2 weeks ago I went to Amish country market and talked to the butcher. The chicken was tiny and he said it's what you had as a kid before the big companies took over. I am sure you country people and people that raise there own already know this. It's funny what you forget over the years.

Anyway the guy gives me 2 packages and says it's on the house! Chicken breasts were as big as my four fingers put together rather than the size of my whole hand. It tasted so awesome. I went back this last Sunday and picked up half freezer load. I ate a fairly large amount and not bloated as I would with regular store chicken. I also picked up some pork chops to try.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
I'm not surprised the ones raised normally and as natural as can be were so great (and small).

it's really sad what they do to chickens* in this country on the mass-production scale - the antibiotics, growth hormones, overcrowded conditions, not having access to sunlight, sad all around.

Food Inc discussion here on fauna: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=food+inc
*and other animals, and our grain/seed supply, etc etc etc

Old 07-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Shadera
I miss amish country. Please send me a big box of cheese from Heini's.

Once you've become reacquainted with the good stuff, factory farmed meat just doesn't cut it.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
JColt
Here is where I went.

http://www.pleasantvalleypoultry.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!