Would someone be so kind as to identify - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #21
RoadHouse of Retics
I agree my favorite rattler is the EDB. I don't own one but by far the most awesome rattler to me!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #22
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by debcat76135 View Post
See LOL told you guys I could not remember who is who...but hey at least you get a good laugh right? Cottonmouth not copperhead! Got it now. LOL
No, I don't get a good laugh. I shake my head and wonder...

Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #23
Morelia4life
Why shake your head and wonder? I don't mean to be rude but not all people are as great about identifying venomous snakes as you must be. People make mistakes about identifying snakes all the time. Don't harass people about it, just politely tell them the correct answer so they can learn from their mistakes and grow from them. If we in the reptile business cut down people whether they are brand new or old just because they made a mistake, they might not want to stick around and learn because you just made them feel like

Everyone has to start from somewhere and everyone will make mistakes. That is just how I read and understood your statement. If it wasn't meant in that form than I apologize.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
RoadHouse of Retics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
Why shake your head and wonder? I don't mean to be rude but not all people are as great about identifying venomous snakes as you must be. People make mistakes about identifying snakes all the time. Don't harass people about it, just politely tell them the correct answer so they can learn from their mistakes and grow from them. If we in the reptile business cut down people whether they are brand new or old just because they made a mistake, they might not want to stick around and learn because you just made them feel like

Everyone has to start from somewhere and everyone will make mistakes. That is just how I read and understood your statement. If it wasn't meant in that form than I apologize.
Very well said. You hit the nail dead center with that.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
indigos-r-us
My suggestion is take a good book with pictures on say the venomous snakes of the US, Africa whatever if you have one and a digital camera. Also a pad of paper and write down the common name and scientific name. If no books posting is a good way but the top picture could be a xanthic rattlesnake subspecies found in Michocan Mexico. Other pic is for sure and eastern diamond back and the other is as stated a cotton mouth or water moccasin take your pick. Hope this helps wlamore

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!